• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Ritalin And MAO-A Low Activity Gene rs6323(T;T)

mao ritalin dopamine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 farware

• 131 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 09:33 PM

So, I have a gene rs6323(T;T) that lowers the activity of MAO enzymes which essentials prevents my neurotransmitters from breaking down quickly, the result I constantly have high NTs. 

Unfortunately as time progressed I suffered from more and more ADHD symptoms, constantly forgetting things and impaired executive function possibly due to low blood flow to the frontal cortex? I just cant focus on things anymore like I used to. Today I took some Ginko and some Inositol and I can actually focus but I rarely can focus on tasks that I don't like and don't want to do which has become a serious problem for me because I can only focus on things that bring me pleasure and work is not always pleasure. 

So I am currently researching mild stimulants but I'm somewhat worried because they essentially would act as a reuptake inhibitor, so basically I have the low MAO gene which already acts like an inhibitor and on top I would take a dopamine inhibitor? Doesn't sound good, does it? 

Also I am worried about inducing psychosis by increasing dopamine too much. Does that make sense or am I simply worrying too much? 

Edited by farware, 11 June 2016 - 09:36 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2

#2 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:45 AM

Extremely common in the European and American population. Don't waste your time pondering it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 farware

• Topic Starter
  • 131 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 09:11 AM

Extremely common in the European and American population. Don't waste your time pondering it.

Ok thanks, thought so. Quick follow-up question, if I suspect low Dopamine and Dopamine receptor imbalances, should I start with Uridine before trying to take something like Selegiline/Deprenyl or even a mild stim like Ritalin? Or is there any evidence that Deprenyl also makes dopamine receptors more sensitive? 

Edit: I am already taking Inositol and it works like a charm, would that be enough to rebalance Dopamine receptors?

Edited by farware, 12 June 2016 - 09:14 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mao, ritalin, dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users