- - - - -

Microdosing antipsychotics for nootropic benefits

nootropic microdose dopamine serotonine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Piotr Joniec

• 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:31 AM

Hello, I'd like to discuss this idea that seems very interesting from my point of view.

It has been proven - that taking very low doses of the opioid receptor antagonist Naltrexone, causes up to a 3-fold increase in your natural endorphin level.

I think it's obvious, receptor agonists downregulate receptors and decrease their neurotransmitter's levels, and receptor antagonists upregulate them, and cause the neurotransmitter level to go up.

So theoretically low (or very low) doses of atypical antipsychotics (which antagonize the serotonin and dopamine receptors) over a longer period of time, would result in an increased receptor sensitivity, and higher dopamine and serotonin levels. And we all know the benefits of that.

Is anyone doing this? What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

• Needs references x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

#2 Piotr Joniec

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:17 AM

I don't seem able to edit my own topic... anyway here's a reference about Naltrexone as requested: http://www.lowdosena.../interview.html

Dr. Kokayi:  Were you able to document that the levels of endorphins were then 
actually raised?

Dr. Bihari:   The level of endorphins went up by two hundred to three hundred 
percent.  We then started a little foundation and did a placebo-controlled trial in which 
half the patients got the drug and half got sugar pills.  A year later when we broke the 
code, we discovered that people with HIV who took the drug had only an eight percent 
death rate in the year, while people who were on the placebo had a thirty-three percent 
death rate.  And of course they had many more infections and their immune system 
declined.  That was a startling discovery.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 2
  • Needs references x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 04:26 AM

I wouldn't joke around antipsychotics.

those drugs actually found by chance, random synths and lab-rat testings; can really mess up your balance!

https://en.wikipedia...ychotic#History

• Agree x 2
  • unsure x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nootropic, microdose, dopamine, serotonine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users