Long Time Cannabis user

memory

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 eGomes2107

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

I am a long time cannabis user who went from a daily toker to about once every 1-2 weeks recently. I started when I was 19 and am now 35.

My memory used to be on point, especially short term memory but over the course of the last decade its been really diminished.

I also have Focus issues and if I were to get diagnosed I am sure I would be told I have some form of ADD and I believe Cannabis has exasperated the issue on both fronts..

I am looking to really boost my ability to focus and also try to get my memory back to where it once was if possible.

What are some recommended supplements that I could use to work my way back to where I once was?

#2 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:15 PM

People don't want to hear this and it's offtopic but: why use cannabis when literally a majority of its users complain about horrible side-effects, some of which are clearly even permanent? There are illegal and legal alternatives that are much better and safer. It seems to me to be a stupid fad. And they want to legalize it.. smh

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:13 PM

..why use cannabis when literally a majority of its users complain about horrible side-effects, some of which are clearly even permanent?

Of course, one hears from those complaining about 'side-effects'. Nothing from the majority of those who don't experience any. Once self-medication is factored in I don't think there is a significant difference between users and non-users.

http://archpsyc.jama...ticleid=2491944

Cannabis Use and Risk of Psychiatric Disorders

Results In the multiple regression analysis of 34 653 respondents (14 564 male [47.9% weighted]; mean [SD] age, 45.1 [17.3] years), cannabis use in wave 1 (2001-2002), which was reported by 1279 respondents, was significantly associated with substance use disorders in wave 2 (2004-2005) (any substance use disorder: odds ratio [OR], 6.2; 95% CI, 4.1-9.4; any alcohol use disorder: OR, 2.7; 95% CI, 1.9-3.8; any cannabis use disorder: OR, 9.5; 95% CI, 6.4-14.1; any other drug use disorder: OR, 2.6; 95% CI, 1.6-4.4; and nicotine dependence: OR, 1.7; 95% CI, 1.2-2.4), but not any mood disorder (OR, 1.1; 95% CI, 0.8-1.4) or anxiety disorder (OR, 0.9; 95% CI, 0.7-1.1). The same general pattern of results was observed in the multiple regression analyses of wave 2 prevalent psychiatric disorders and in the propensity score–matched analysis of incident and prevalent psychiatric disorders.

Edited by pamojja, 25 June 2016 - 02:14 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users