mg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lemon_

• Validating/Suspended
  • 200 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:25 PM

Hi,

Mam needs chelted magnesium that comes in one pill and that does not cause bowel prohlems

#2 pamojja

• 2,837 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:30 PM

You're asking the same question by starting new threads again and again. Meanwhile there are substantial threads about every form of magnesium and personal experiences with them, if you only searched.

The reason you still continue to ask is probably that you wont get any clear and definitive answer due to bio-chemical individuality. Everyone has different needs, different deficiencies, different metabolism.. therefore every other will give you an answer to the opposite to what any other experienced.

For example in my case tried all better bio-available Mg supplements (citrate, malate, glycinate, taurinate, ascorbate, threonate..) because of a severe Mg deficiency (ie. painful muscle cramps) since 7 years.

After reading this post 3 1/2 years ago I experimented with Mg oxide too. And indeed, it doesn't really matter which Mg compound I used, just the same total elemental quantity of Mg, and I'm free from pain-full muscle cramps.

Then I added the mineral water with the highest Mg content as Sulfate. Of which I drank about a liter per day - still no difference, as long as I get equal total amounts of elemental Magnesium.

Though at the moment I do need 2.2 g/d of elemental Mg just to avoid muscle-cramps. To avoid the laxative effect I spread the doses throughout the day. In my experience there isn't any chelate that doesn't cause diarrhea at sufficient high doses, or would fit in one pill. I'm sure others with lower need have opposing opinions.

Such experiences often totally contradicting each other should only get you moving in trying all different Mg compounds, and see what works without diarrhea in a particular case. Your experience will be the only valid. And you could stop starting the same threads over and over again.

Edited by pamojja, 25 June 2016 - 02:31 PM.

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

I will agree pretty much all magnesium forms cause the urge to purge through your bum. I've tried both maleate and oxide. I've never gotten diarrhea from it, but I have noticed that the need to have a vowel movement increases.

Let me tell you a story. On the way back from a foreign country, I had some airline food that didn't agree with me. For 3 days, I had diarrhea so bad that my insides hurt. My stool and urine samples checked out fine. The ER doctor prescribed me extra strength anti-diarrheal medicine and told me to eat binding foods. So I took the medicine but did nothing in my diet, and the medicine didn't work for another 2 days. It wasn't until I followed through on the second part of the instruction, that I was cured of my diarrhea.

So to help you function better, take magnesium in whatever form you like, but know that what you eat will greatly affect the softness of your stools, unless you take massive amounts of magnesium chelates. Like 3x the servings that acts as a laxative. In which case, spread it out as previous mentioned.

Edited by devinthayer, 26 June 2016 - 02:23 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users