rosmarinic acid age breakers

• Please log in to reply
150 replies to this topic

#91 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for finding that Samsteram, I don't know when that Solaray product came out but it wasn't there before when I searched.

• Cheerful x 1

#92 samstersam

• 32 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:03 PM

I love RA. It's a fantastic agent for a multitude of reasons.

What do you mean exactly by "age *breaker*"  :|?

SWIM uses the 20% at TLR.

375-500 mg a capsule, 3x a day.

https://teamtlr.com/...20-extract.html

This source looks a little fishy. Other research sites are selling pure rosmarinic acid for hundreds of dollars and this place is selling it for 35 bucks for 30 grams?? Also, they don't take payment over the internet, they give you instructions for COD payment terms after you register?

Hmmmm....

Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this source and also confirm if they've tested the purchase for accuracy?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#93 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

I love RA. It's a fantastic agent for a multitude of reasons.

What do you mean exactly by "age *breaker*"  :|?

SWIM uses the 20% at TLR.

375-500 mg a capsule, 3x a day.

https://teamtlr.com/...20-extract.html

This source looks a little fishy. Other research sites are selling pure rosmarinic acid for hundreds of dollars and this place is selling it for 35 bucks for 30 grams?? Also, they don't take payment over the internet, they give you instructions for COD payment terms after you register?

Hmmmm....

Can anyone confirm the legitimacy of this source and also confirm if they've tested the purchase for accuracy?

TLR is super fishy and there are Reddit threads claiming that a lot of what they sell is taurine, despite the label saying otherwise. Not only that, they have a very suspicious payment system, COD and wanting me to pay via paypal to some random e-mail of all things, my guess is they got a lot of charge backs after it was discovered they were selling fake stuff. Total scam. I'd trust Solaray more for their 20%. I was surprised to see it today. I'll be using that from now on as a better option for topical application in oils as well as oral ingestion. Solaray has a better rep than Swanson.

Edited by Nate-2004, 12 August 2016 - 06:20 PM.

#94 aim1

• 102 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

Have you ever heard of allcosmeticsource.com?

I came across this website after looking for bulk berberine.

It may be worth a look.

#95 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:38 PM

Have you ever heard of allcosmeticsource.com?

I came across this website after looking for bulk berberine.

It may be worth a look.

Eep 20mg is quite overpriced for the 98%. 10mg goes for $35 in most cases. This is double the price.

#96 lumia

• 50 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:25 PM

Whats a namebrand Rosmarinic Acid supplement that has the highest mg/dose?

I found a Solaray brand, which is reputable company of Rosemary extract containing in one capsule:

150mg of the leaf extract guaranteed to contain 30mg (20% rosmarinic acid), 25 mg (20%) dilerpenes and 11.25 (9%) carnosic acid.

It also contains 200mg of the just the leaf itself.

Has anyone found any higher concentration or dose of Rosmarinic Acid in a product?

And how much of rosmarinic acid should I be taking daily anyway to have efficacy? Solaray just says take one capsule as the dose.

If you're talking on a per-dose basis, I would say it'd be the spearmint extract called Neumentix. It's "just" 14.5% RA, but Swanson sells it at 900mg per dose of 2 capsules, yielding 130.5mg of RA.

On a price per mg basis, however, I'd rather get their Origanox extract--a 7% RA extract selling at $5.49/60 caps (35mg RA each), compared to Neumentix, which is $14.99/30 doses (130.5mg RA each).

That said, at the dose Nate recommends at the OP (~200mg/day) it'd still be at 55 cents a day. This is pretty close to the current price of adequately pure resveratrol (at 500mg/day) and priceier than pTeroPure (at 100mg/day). Is it worth the cost? That's not a rhetorical question--I'm seriously thinking about this question as an APOE4/4 carrier.

• like x 1

#97 mrkosh1

• 232 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

Are there any natural substances that can break down glucosepane at all?

#98 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

Not yet no. I don't think RA does. I'd heard there were different types of AGEs in the skin, pentosidine I think, but not sure if that's breakable by RA or not or if that's even true at all. I keep trying to find more details on that but only hints here and there. This area is seriously under researched.

Edited by Nate-2004, 14 September 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#99 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

On my website dynveo.com I sell a current batch of rosmarinic acid in capsule form certified 38% pure by a third lab if anyone is interested by

Cheers

Edited by Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi), 23 November 2016 - 06:42 PM.

#100 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:50 PM

On my website dynveo.com I sell a current batch of rosmarinic acid in capsule form certified 38% pure by a third lab if anyone is interested by

Cheers

Awesome, so 38% of how many mg? You extracted it yourself? Wow.

#101 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

Cheers

Its in 500mg capsule, means 190mg of pure rosmarinic acid per capsule.

We extracted it with our partner, using ONLY safe solvant also used for organic extract. No harsh chemical used or added

• Informative x 1

#102 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2016 - 06:55 PM

I'll definitely get some soon as I finish the Solaray I have right now. The higher the purity the easier it is to mix with oils.

Edited by Nate-2004, 23 November 2016 - 06:55 PM.

• Cheerful x 1

#103 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:18 PM

Thanks Nate ! :)

#104 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:45 PM

Cheers

Its in 500mg capsule, means 190mg of pure rosmarinic acid per capsule.

We extracted it with our partner, using ONLY safe solvant also used for organic extract. No harsh chemical used or added

What percentage of this is Ursolic Acid? I was also interested in this since there is some evidence that it can encourage brown adipose tissue.

#105 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:22 PM

Ursolic acid is a totally different molecule, then when u concentrate rosmarinic acid you dont get it in the extract. You need another extract concentrated into ursolic acid, so a different product.

#106 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:25 PM

Ursolic acid is a totally different molecule, then when u concentrate rosmarinic acid you dont get it in the extract. You need another extract concentrated into ursolic acid, so a different product.

Would you think it's worth extracting? I'm not sure as to the degree of evidence for claims regarding positive effects on brown adipose tissue. I see Examine.com has a lot of info but evidence is weak.

#107 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:45 PM

I dont know about it much. Rosmarinic acid has much more data, thats why I choosed this one. There is tons of different compounds, so have to make a choice.

#108 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:28 PM

Rosmarinic acid is a tau-aggregation inhibitor, like cinnamon, curcumin, panax ginseng, green tea, aged garlic and others.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3575183/  "Natural products as a rich source of tau-targeting drugs for Alzheimer’s disease" (search for rosmarinic acid)

http://www.sciencedi...006295213007612 "Tau-aggregation inhibitor therapy for Alzheimer's disease"

Also, see http://www.longecity...et-tau-protein/ Post #2

Short stable segments of tau form spirals called Paired Helical Filaments (PHF) which grow and spread similar to prions over a lifetime. The tau accumulation is classified by the Braak group from autopsies at all ages of life as stages I-VI. AD becomes apparent in stage IV. Stage I is common by age 50 but doesn't always progress. Stage II seems to always progress. Tau-accumulation can be prevented/reduced by Cinnamon, Aged Garlic, Virgin olive oil, Green tea, Curcumin, Panax Ginseng, and more. Tau aggregation drugs for progressive supranuclear palsy (PSP) failed because they attacked the hyperphosphorylation of PHF but did not affect the PHF core. (corollary AMPK's hyperphosphorylation of PHF is not the cause of AD) The tau-tau connections in PHF can be attacked [edit: targeted] without affecting the essential tau-microtubule connections. 

Edited by RWhigham, 02 January 2017 - 11:31 PM.

• Informative x 2

#109 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:26 AM

So I read this article here and this one as well and in this context of antioxidants, does anybody think that Rosmarinic Acid, the only other antioxidant I'm taking besides curcumin, would have the same effect on exercise benefits?

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#110 Oakman

Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:18 AM

So I read this article here and this one as well and in this context of antioxidants, does anybody think that Rosmarinic Acid, the only other antioxidant I'm taking besides curcumin, would have the same effect on exercise benefits?

The articles are interesting, but ultimately opinion pieces doubting anti-o's longevity possibilities. That's likely true. But  Examine.com doesn't indicate anything to do with exercise for rosmarinic acid. I use more anti-os than you by far, and I don't have any problems with rather intense exercise. I wouldn't worry about it unless it noticeably affects you when you try it.

#111 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:26 AM

The articles are interesting, but ultimately opinion pieces doubting anti-o's longevity possibilities. That's likely true. But  Examine.com doesn't indicate anything to do with exercise for rosmarinic acid. I use more anti-os than you by far, and I don't have any problems with rather intense exercise. I wouldn't worry about it unless it noticeably affects you when you try it.

Considering that they cite sources it's not exactly just an opinion piece. Plus if the effects of anti-o's on exercise is that it:

The outcome that they highlighted was in the mitochondrial metabolism.  Mitochondria are tiny “organelles”, hundreds of them in each cell, burning sugar to supply the cell with energy.  One of the things that happens to increase strength and endurance in response to exercise is that the cells grow new mitochondria, and the existing mitochondria become more efficient.  In the Norwegian study, this seemed to be happening on schedule in the test subjects who exercised without vitamin supplements, but not in the group taking vitamins.  Nevertheless, endurance capacity of both groups was imroved by the exercise program.

They also mention this may effect insulin sensitivity that results from exercise in theory.

So what exactly would you "notice" as far as "problems with intense exercise".  How would I know if it noticeably prevents mitochondrial biogenesis? I don't think this is something I can detect.

The question is what about other antioxidants like carnosine, curcumin and rosmarinic acid? 

#112 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:25 AM

Considering that they cite sources it's not exactly just an opinion piece. Plus if the effects of anti-o's on exercise is that it:

The outcome that they highlighted was in the mitochondrial metabolism.  Mitochondria are tiny “organelles”, hundreds of them in each cell, burning sugar to supply the cell with energy.  One of the things that happens to increase strength and endurance in response to exercise is that the cells grow new mitochondria, and the existing mitochondria become more efficient.  In the Norwegian study, this seemed to be happening on schedule in the test subjects who exercised without vitamin supplements, but not in the group taking vitamins.  Nevertheless, endurance capacity of both groups was imroved by the exercise program.

They also mention this may effect insulin sensitivity that results from exercise in theory.

So what exactly would you "notice" as far as "problems with intense exercise".  How would I know if it noticeably prevents mitochondrial biogenesis? I don't think this is something I can detect.

The question is what about other antioxidants like carnosine, curcumin and rosmarinic acid? 

Curcumin for example is not a true antioxidant, in fact it cycles to an oxidant and it probably disturbs cancer-cells by being an oxidant and by activating Nrf2-keap. As far as I know the problem with exercise and antioxidants is chiefly found with Vitamin C supplementation + exercise.

• Agree x 1

#113 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:14 PM

C and E mainly...

Antioxidants don't work all in the same way and at the same level...but not all antioxidants have been researched in how they do affect exercise adaptation either.

Antioxidants will improve exercise performance but at least some will blunt adaptation response, in other words your workouts may feel easier but your strength and size gains (and exercise health benefits) may be blunted, not something easy to tell by feelings in a short time frame.

Ageing seems to be a co-factor: the older you get the more chances antioxidants don't go well along training.

http://suppversity.b...n-fans-c-e.html

I personally believe that proper nutrition and exercise don't require any extra antioxidant.

Maybe topical antioxidants for aesthetics purposes are whole different realms.

• Good Point x 1

#114 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:52 PM

Thanks guys, I also thought it may be a timing issue as well. Like, it doesn't answer the question of timing. The participants took vitamin C and E before and after training, what if I take C at night before bed? I only take it because it helps boost collagen supposedly as well as stomach lining. The latter I'm only concerned about if I have to take ibuprofen or aspirin.

Yeah the guy in that article you link says it's less likely that curcumin is an issue, I assume it's the same for Rosmarinic Acid, which originally I was just taking before bed.

#115 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:21 PM

Nate, since you ordered our rosmarinic acid dynveo, can you please give us a feedback about how you feel about your skin ? Any improvement ? How many pills a day you use ? and did you monitored it ?

I ask because for the record, a french company sell also an extract in a pill form at an expensive price (75€ per bottle) with even low dosage, and their studies on human showed actually a 16,8% increase in skin elasticity using rosmarinic acid pills in one month treatment and that is translated into a 10 years back according to their study. The ag of the women in the study was an average of 58 yo however.

#116 mrkosh1

• 232 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:25 PM

Has anyone tested rosmarinic acid on glucosepane?

• like x 1

#117 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:35 PM

So far after at least 6 months now, nothing. I'm most of the way through the Dynveo bottle, not seeing anything either. I put an amount equal to 2% in argan oil but only just now so I haven't given it time yet. I've been using a 20% version however for well over 90 days and haven't seen any change significant enough to call effective.

I think more controlled studies are in order, but an n=1 uncontrolled study on a 58 year old isn't really a good test.

I'll give it a few more months and have given it a lot of time because of cell turnover but so far, nothing.

#118 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

So far after at least 6 months now, nothing. I'm most of the way through the Dynveo bottle, not seeing anything either. I put an amount equal to 2% in argan oil but only just now so I haven't given it time yet. I've been using a 20% version however for well over 90 days and haven't seen any change significant enough to call effective.

I think more controlled studies are in order, but an n=1 uncontrolled study on a 58 year old isn't really a good test.

I'll give it a few more months and have given it a lot of time because of cell turnover but so far, nothing.

The one from us dynveo, it was a month ago something like that isnt ?

I checked and it was actually 20 women not only one, and the test used Cutomètre® wich is known to be a reliable protocol normally in cosmetic studies.

How old are you btw ?

#119 Nate-2004

• Topic Starter
  • 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:11 PM

I am 42 and through most of my 30's I did not look my age. Only just in the last 2 years have people begun believing that I'm 42 because I'm starting to look 42. I guess aging kicks in at any time after some kind of tipping point. I hit a tipping point around 40. That's one of the many reasons I'm fighting it. I've seen no diminishment of deep wrinkles around my eyes that appear when I smile and the sagging that has begun or the deeper dark circles under my eyes that have started or the bulging of the eyes that begins for people around this time (loss of subcutaneous fat around that area).

Edited by Nate-2004, 16 January 2017 - 07:13 PM.

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#120 Tom Andre F. (ex shinobi)

• 423 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:15 PM

I am 42 and through most of my 30's I did not look my age. Only just in the last 2 years have people begun believing that I'm 42 because I'm starting to look 42. I guess aging kicks in at any time after some kind of tipping point. I hit a tipping point around 40. That's one of the many reasons I'm fighting it. I've seen no diminishment of deep wrinkles around my eyes that appear when I smile and the sagging that has begun or the deeper dark circles under my eyes that have started or the bulging of the eyes that begins for people around this time (loss of subcutaneous fat around that area).

Ok thanks its informative and I hope to delay this using the supplements strategy I use right now at least... you was not on supplements before your 40s right ?

I really hope rosmarinic acid will help with that

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rosmarinic acid, age breakers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users