- - - - -

Micronized Curcumin powder

curcumin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 micro2000

• 61 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 09:40 PM

Does anyone know of a supplier of micronized curcumin powder?  Not micellar curcumin, but curcumin milled to a low micron size?

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:54 PM

Life Extension is a bit mysterious about their Super Bio-Curcumin, but it is piperine free, and according to LE has dramatically improved absorption so I assume it is micronized.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 albedo

• 2,063 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:10 PM

Life Extension is a bit mysterious about their Super Bio-Curcumin, but it is piperine free, and according to LE has dramatically improved absorption so I assume it is micronized.  

They claim absorption is increased by 7x (BCM-95). BCM-95 looks micronized also from other sources:

Colloidal submicron-particle curcumin exhibits high absorption efficiency-a double-blind, 3-way crossover study.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/25994138

"...To evaluate the absorption efficiency of three types of DDS curcumin, we performed a double-blind, 3-way crossover study. We compared plasma curcumin levels after the administration of Theracurmin and 2 other capsule types of curcumin with DDS, BCM-95 (micronized curcumin with turmeric essential oils) and Meriva (curcumin-phospholipid)..." (bold mine)

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 micro2000

• Topic Starter
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:26 PM

Thanks for the replies. I am looking for a micronized curcumin powder without any added absorption enhancers. I've found micronized resveratrol, but the curcumin products all have added ingredients. My goal is to find micronized curcumin powder, preferably less than 3 microns, to make an injectable suspension.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: curcumin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users