strange pterostilbene effect

pterostilbene

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:29 AM

i just recently tried a large dose of that overrated stuff just to check on it and as expected there was nothing noticeable during dosing but when i woke up in the morning and tried to get some caffeine in me, i didnt feel it. i had 2 cups of espresso quite potent caffeine content and nothing! usually i always feel it even though im tolerant, this is something different. then i proceed to have energy drinks because i was confused as to what the fuck is going on and again, NOTHING. i then tried various green teas as i know they usually add stimulant effect to any caffeinated drink, again, just a mild dizzyness but i felt no stimulation at all! this is extremely strange to say the least. again, im tolerant to stimulants in general and i dont feel them as much i can handle 300mg caffeine no problem, BUT AT LEAST I CAN SENSE IT. this time, absolute zero!

did anyone else notice such bizarre effect from pterostilbene (tolerance to caffeine, stimulants) or is it just me? or perhaps its related to other stuff i take or placebo? im just curious if pterostilbene is to blame, what is the mechanism behind it. i wonder if SIRT has something to do with stimulant effect either dullness or stimulation?

Edited by normalizing, 26 July 2016 - 06:31 AM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 07:52 AM

what is a large dose?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:50 PM

i was taking like 200mg but it could just be specific reaction only to me as i could not find any information on anyone ever having any side effects from supplementing this one. can someone at least help me out to understand if SIRT has any influence on neurotransmitters in any way?

#4 stefan_001

• 1,070 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:20 AM

i was taking like 200mg but it could just be specific reaction only to me as i could not find any information on anyone ever having any side effects from supplementing this one. can someone at least help me out to understand if SIRT has any influence on neurotransmitters in any way?

I have taken regularly 150mg in the evening but also NR at the same time. The combination for sure has reduced my craving for caffeine and the effect is less but I wake up more energetic so in that sense its logical the effect is less.

#5 Tim Schaeffer

• 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:26 PM

I have noticed some odd stuff, especially today. I drink about 4 cups of strong coffee every morning and have been taking 500mg ALCAR (and sometimes 200mg ALA) for years but recently added NR and pterostilbene (Basis) to the mix. Noticed only a very slight buzz from the Basis. But last week I was feeling kinda run down and experiencing some ED problems, so I experimentally upped the ALCAR to 1000mg and the basis to 500 (two tablets / day of each in the AM). Today that combo seems to have had an unpleasant effect - basically making me feel like I'd snorted coke (which I haven't done since the 1980's) It was bad enough that I had to drink an IPA at noon today just so I could get some work done (I almost never drink during the day). Question: has any work been done on the combo of Basis and Alcar/ALA? Is anyone else out here trying that and having funky anxiety side-effects? Thanks

#6 normalizing

• Topic Starter
  • 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:47 AM

oh boy another homopath like gamesguru was posting links in another forum about the awesomeness of pterostilbene and i remembered i tried it and made a thread about it too so im like, lets see what it did to me and NOW i remember this shit. its not fun to block dopamine release at all. it definitely does that!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Jason Long

• Guest Examfit Proprietor
  • 26 posts

Posted 31 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

It is theoretically plausible. For example, we have enzyme aromatase breaks down caffeine; if smoking, the same enzyme is upregulated and caffeine metabolism is enhanced. Smokers are up to 70 percent less affected by its psychostimulative effect. God knows what happens to adenosine receptors...maybe stilbens have antagonistic effect. 

Try Rhodiola, Panax ginseng and caffeine combo if you want real boost....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pterostilbene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users