• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

How can I get a blood transfusion for parabiosis?

parabiosis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Decimus

• 100 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:17 PM

Here is a new article: http://www.inc.com/j...oung-blood.html

Thiel is still bullish on this. The article speculates that people are already having transfusions with young blood, outside the mentioned clinical trial. Does anyone know where or how to get this done? I would put up some decent dollars to have this procedure done.

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,159 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

Not a lot of under 25 who care to donate, though I expect that could be cured with $$$.

Next, you need a facility with a centrifuge, as all you want is the plasma (as the study states?), not whole blood.  Whole blood transfusions are notorious for causing iron overload which would be very counterproductive.  I'm a blood donor (to lower iron) and most every blood bank has a centrifuge to separate red cells from plasma.  Finding one willing to to do "plasma transplants" for you could also be problematic.  Don't know if $$$ would help here, but I imagine in Mexico money would open doors.  

Come to think of it, there probably would be a great many under 25 in Mexico willing to make a few bucks donating plasma.  You wouldn't even need to advertise much as this would probably spread by word of mouth.  Just find a clinic willing to do it and you're Dorian Gray!  Perhaps even open your own clinic down there and be a rich Dorian Gray.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:01 PM

Apparently, according to the article you linked, it's around $8000 to participate and the additional cost of traveling to Monterey.

Who one gets in touch with here to get involved wasn't mentioned, but I'm sure someone on this board knows.

From what the article says, several people are already doing this, I'd like to know more about those results, I'd like to see before and after shots as well as tests on athletic performance and other factors that would prove a reversal of aging or true rejuvenation before I cough up $8 grand. I would do it in a heartbeat if I knew it worked for sure. You'd think we'd hear more about it from people who've done it though, if it were that fantastical.

Edited by Nate-2004, 02 August 2016 - 06:33 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 August 2016 - 07:19 PM

Minor correction, the patient funded study is $8k to participate in. I don't know what it would cost otherwise, probably less, hopefully. I'm guessing they have their fill of participants, but there's no reference to where one can sign up and after reading about it I'm not sure I'd bother yet.

There are a lot of questions being raised as to why it isn't a double blind placebo study. I understand funding is difficult to raise, especially with so many economic issues at play like the inability to get a patent or the lack of interest scientists and government agencies have in age reversal study as well as the problems posed by the ridiculous FDA edict that aging is not a disease. However, if you're going to fund science with $8000 of your money, you better be damn sure it's solid science. 

If there's anything that gets me riled up and pissed off it's badly conducted studies that fail to eliminate placebo and bias, and of course the FDA who is always more stifling than helpful.

Edited by Nate-2004, 02 August 2016 - 07:19 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parabiosis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users