Help restoring dopamine function

dopamine supplements

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ApdoMnia

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:17 AM

I think I may be suffering of some form of low dopamine and/or high acetylcholine. I had this problem before, but recently it got worse. I feel tired all time, can't focus, low attention, low motivation etc. When I tried Paleo and low carb diets, I was eating a lot of proteins and after a few days I felt much better. I wonder if my dopamine got depleted? It took me several years to get in this state btw... My hypothesis is that I probably abused of my brain chemistry and it depleted my stores. I have a somewhat addictive personality. I was hooked into video-games, coffee and sex...

In my country it's very hard to get dopamine precursors like phenylalanine/tyrosine. An user here suggested a complete protein supplement, like Whey Protein would be helpful. Today I got some Whey Protein and noticed a small change and my mental state (before I would be too tired and unmotivated, even to go to a forum and write this), but nothing impressive yet. How long should I wait until my brain chemistry is restored? Is there anything else I can do?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by ApdoMnia, 04 August 2016 - 01:19 AM.

#2 Dakman1

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:06 AM

What country are you in?
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:47 PM

I don't even think that the most authoritarian states disallow the import of amino acids for personal use.

Even Germany is not so bad. What country are you in?

#4 Sleepdealer

• 144 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

If you can't buy it from within country, try buying from the outside. There's gotta be some south american site that sells it, otherwise, try one of the bigger chains, like Swansons or Vitacost, or from Amazon. Your country shouldn't be too adamant on restricting simple amino acids, as RatherBeUnknown said.

Edited by Sleepdealer, 04 August 2016 - 01:59 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Why do you suspect you have high acetylcholine levels ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine, supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users