modafinil aniracetam caffeine

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scorpio

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm currently conducting an experiment on myself in a bid to try to reduce my dependence/addiction to caffeine.

Background:
For around 20 years I have used caffeine pills to wake up in the morning. When I wake up I am extremely drowsy and have no will to get out of bed. I take a 100mg caffeine tablet, continue sleeping/resting for 20 mins and then get up or repeat if the first tablet didn't work. This has been going on for a long time and I suspect I may have adrenal fatigue. My daily caffeine consumption is generally 300-500mg. I have tried quitting in the past but I just can't handle the withdrawal symptoms.

I have been to several doctors over the course of my life, complaining of tiredness. Blood tests always come back normal. I tell doctors that I believe that caffeine is a big part of the problem, but it gets dismissed or they tell me to try to cut back a bit.

My Theory:
After lots of hunting on the internet, I came up with the theory that I could use Modafinil to quit caffeine (or drastically reduce intake so my brain has the opportunity to repair some of the damage I am doing). I have been using a low dose (50mg) of Modafinil for two weeks now (with breaks) and the effects have been hit & miss, but it does have the ability to remove the horrible brain fog that caffeine withdrawal causes. I feel as if the effects are slowly improving the more my body adapts to it, and I have been successful in halving my caffeine use on two occasions.

My Question:
I have just bought Aniracetam, which I had been planning to cycle with Modafinil. I have only taken it twice and it didn't do much the first time. The second time, I took it first thing in the morning (in place of a caffeine tablet) and it sent me back to sleep for an hour. To be honest, I really don't know much about this drug and I find the information that's available on the net to be conflicting.

Given that Aniracetam has a short half life, would it be a good idea to take it in the early afternoon on a day that I have taken Modafinil? I have read that it can have some synergistic effects...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modafinil, aniracetam, caffeine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users