Rehabilitation following Burnout

burnout fatigue rehabilitation sleep diet exercise adhd-pi sct cdd stimulants

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Finn

• 105 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:39 PM

I don't believe I have exercise-malaise though... I don't seem to pay any greater price for exercise per say - I seem to be more sensitive towards a general increase in activity - socializing, working, organizing, that sort of thing - which is more indicative of burnout.

Could you could have some milder form of sensory processing disorder, which might produce extra stress in certain situations? SPD is pretty common co morbidity with most of your official and suspected diagnoses.

• Good Point x 1

#32 Stinkorninjor

• Topic Starter
  • 1,250 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

I don't believe I have exercise-malaise though... I don't seem to pay any greater price for exercise per say - I seem to be more sensitive towards a general increase in activity - socializing, working, organizing, that sort of thing - which is more indicative of burnout.

Could you could have some milder form of sensory processing disorder, which might produce extra stress in certain situations? SPD is pretty common co morbidity with most of your official and suspected diagnoses.

It's quite possible - I really do have issues with motor-functions, advanced motorics - juggling and dancing and martial arts and such things, are very difficult for me. My handwriting is also somewhat bad, not the worst, but I don't seem to be able to improve it either. I seem to have a lower ceiling than the majority, when actually trying to learn motoric behaviour.

In fact, some believe that SCT in itself is a form of sensory processing disorder, and not truly an attention-disorder. Others believe it to be a wakefulness-disorder.

I believe there was some recent data regarding SPD, which actually found issues in the SPL, was it not? The same area which is implicated in SCT.

Testing for such issues appear to be very limited in the Nordic countries however, and whether or not one can actually DO anything about it is anyone's guess...

DCD at least, which I may have (whether or not DCD and SPD is the same thing or not is also debated) has at least been implicated to be connected with the mirror-neurons, which where recently proven to exist - perhaps drugs which enhance these neurons could be useful, hmm...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Stinkorninjor

• Topic Starter
  • 1,250 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:29 AM

All right, breaking news! :O I've FINALLY gotten a Sleep-Study done! And using a combination of NSI-189, Mirtazapine and Duloxetine I once more fractured my sleep, which should imply a flare-up in potential PLMD-symptoms.

AND IT DID! I've now got PROOF that I've got PLMD! As I recall it, I have a value of 41 movements - however, I don't recall if this is per hour or during stage 3 and 4 sleep, or during the entire period of sleeping, so not sure about that...

According to the sleep-Doc this is however morbid levels of movement and I now qualify for a diagnosis of PLMD. The data was collected using a device which measures electrical activity in the bigger muscle-groups in the hips and limbs.

MAN...! Am I tired right now... haven't had a good nights sleep in a couple of days. Yikes! Here's to starting up some Gabapentin again! Now I just gotta' muster up the strength to reformulate it from 300 mg to 150 mg... A lot of work for a sleep-deprived SCT-er lads, a lot of work...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: burnout, fatigue, rehabilitation, sleep, diet, exercise, adhd-pi, sct, cdd, stimulants

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users