- - - - -

Vityas "Laser" for Cognition

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:04 AM

Does it do anything? Am I a 10% non-responder or is this just a really low dose or phony science? Kind of at a loss here. At first I thought it gave me a good mental kick, but at other times it seems to have a clear opposite effect - making me impulsive and foggy. Inconsistent results means possible placebo effect, right?

Am I just doing it wrong?

Edited by devinthayer, 22 August 2016 - 11:09 AM.

#2 thedevinroy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

e9300c2b9707fc009c1b8188404a0070.jpg

The name of the technology is Low Level Light Therapy. LostFalco seems really into it, but he also uses the vetrolaser - made for horses instead of human chiropractics. Wondering if this Vityas is too tame or too intense in comparison. Maybe the distance is bad? Hard to tell the variables.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:27 PM

The name of the technology is Low Level Light Therapy. LostFalco seems really into it, but he also uses the vetrolaser - made for horses instead of human chiropractics. Wondering if this Vityas is too tame or too intense in comparison. Maybe the distance is bad? Hard to tell the variables.

Hey, what's up devin? Cool you're trying out LLLT. 

What are the specs on the laser you have...wavelength? Energy density (in mw/cm^2)? Continuous or pulsing?

#4 thedevinroy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

5115a8a4585ce93f81e9714a7aff5db9.jpg

That was from the seller's description. It came used, so I don't have the manual (probably not in English anyway). It is a seemingly constant ray, defocused and reflects off the side to produce a line like pattern. Did not come with the attachments, but I can buy those separately if you think it would help direct the rays a bit better.

f3cce570066b6aab78d1e2db71b9be72.jpg

Edited by devinthayer, 22 August 2016 - 03:41 PM.

#5 thedevinroy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

Lostfalco got back to me via PM. Basically he showed me the math and said that 5 mW is pretty low in comparison to the studies that are out there for TBI. You need about 13.3 J/cm^2 which if you were to concentrate the 5 mW into one cm^2 square, it would take approximately 13.3/.005/60=44.3 minutes to charge up that one spot, so about all day I'd be charging up my brain and into the next at that pace. Basically, it would be way efficient to get an infrared array used for infrared cameras. It would take only 5.9 minutes to charge up 60 square centimeters and is literally a third of the cost of the Vityas laser.

The wavelengths are in the right range, but basically, yeah, I'm doing it wrong.

Edited by devinthayer, 24 August 2016 - 06:10 PM.

#6 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:04 PM

Lostfalco got back to me via PM. Basically he showed me the math and said that 5 mW is pretty low in comparison to the studies that are out there for TBI. You need about 13.3 J/cm^2 which if you were to concentrate the 5 mW into one cm^2 square, it would take approximately 13.3/.005/60=44.3 minutes to charge up that one spot, so about all day I'd be charging up my brain and into the next at that pace. Basically, it would be way efficient to get an infrared array used for infrared cameras. It would take only 5.9 minutes to charge up 60 square centimeters and is literally a third of the cost of the Vityas laser.

The wavelengths are in the right range, but basically, yeah, I'm doing it wrong.

Hey Devin, it's totally cool if you want to post the PM.

The equation for calculating dose is Energy (in Joules) = Power (in Watts) x time (in seconds)...ie. E(J/cm^2) = P(W/cm^2) x t(s)

Here's the PM if anyone interested. 

"So here are the specs on the Vityas. 

Laser radiation power of the red bandwidth (650 nm) - 5mW Laser radiation power of the infrared bandwidth (810-880 nm)

- 5mW

5mW is pretty weak. Even the affordable infrared camera devices I recommend are more powerful than this...and cheaper. Have you looked into the 48 and 96 arrays? http://www.lostfalco.com/devices/

Here's how to dose the 96 LED array if you want to match the scientific studies. 

http://www.lostfalco...therapy-dosing/

The wavelengths he uses aren't bad though. Here are all of the wavelengths that have been used in the human studies. http://www.lostfalco...in-enhancement/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 thedevinroy

• Topic Starter
  • 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:06 PM

Thanks! People should find that helpful like I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users