• Create Account
LongeCity .                       Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 5 votes

New Rapamycin Study- up to 60% increase in mouse lifespan- Anyone Experimenting With This?

rapamycin

• Please log in to reply
433 replies to this topic

#421 APBT

• 686 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:14 AM

Please post reliable sources of rapamycin. I am finding mostly ones which require a prescription and don't relish trying to convince my dr.

Rather than having to scroll through fourteen pages of posts, I started a thread so that people could add their source and we would have this available in one location:

http://www.longecity...-13#entry817648

That'd be great if those who have shared their sources throughout this interesting thread would re-post them here:
http://www.longecity...amycin-vendors/

Edited by APBT, 22 June 2017 - 12:27 AM.

• like x 1

#422 smithx

• 816 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:00 AM

Thanks Pampaguy,

This thread is several months old, and vendors change quickly, so I was hoping people could share their *recent* successful experience with vendors rather than assuming that what worked for someone last year will work now.

It would help if you would contribute to the blog.  If you had read the blog you would have found many sources without rx.  You must order from India for good price, and in quantity.  dropshipmd.com  300 mg $1.75 sirolimus 1 mg.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#423 smithx

• 816 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:15 PM

All of the ones on this site claim to require a prescription.

Reliable, but $$$.

https://www.pharmacy...sirolimus/1 mg/

Also, I made a query on dropshipmd.com and they haven't replied after over 24 hours.

Any other sources?

Edited by smithx, 22 June 2017 - 11:21 PM.

#424 smithx

• 816 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 05:38 AM

dropshipmd.com replied as follows:

Rapamycin 1mg × 100 pills = 2.7$ per pill

Rapamycin 1mg × 200 pills = 2.3$ per pill

Rapamycin 1mg × 300 pills = 1.9$ per pill

Rapamycin 1mg × 500 pills = 1.67$ per pill

Registered airmail shipping takes 14-21 days up to your post office and it is 10$ extra for each 500 pills.

These are apparently 10 pill blister packs made by Biocon.

#425 tintinet

• 1,914 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:22 PM

Wire transfer only, no?  Wish they'd take Bitcoin or something....

#426 Skyguy2005

• 220 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:15 PM

Are you also taking Metformin Jaris? Fantastic news about your health!

I don't take Metformin. I might in the future, but the 3 Rapamycin - Parkinson's studies I know of had good results and didn't use Metformin. Of course that doesn't mean that it wouldn't also have good effects on Parkinson's, but there is a chance that it could have unexpected negative effects. I want to stick as closely as possible to the studies. I do keep a close watch on my glucose levels and they continue to be fine.

In the future, depending on studies and the experience of everyone here, I might try Metformin. I might also try some of the other medications being suggested here.

That's interesting. From the limited amount of reports I've seen on personal Rapa use these stand out.

1. Increased physical strength and stamina.

2. Weight loss by all but me. My BMI was  23.4 at the start but maybe you need extra weight to lose weight. Weight loss appears independent of Metformin use.

3. Some level of mouth sores.

4. No real change in outward signs of age ( wrinkles, age spots, gray hair, hair loss)

5. General feeling of well being.

6. Increased colds? Two cases and speculative at this early point.

I'm 28 and my BMI is 20.0. BMI of 23.4 (healthy) I cannot imagine - why am I so thin? I literally want to be fatter. For the record I am 5 foot 10 and never weighed over 10 st 7!

I'm curious to try rapa. I play tennis and stuff (manically), I'm just skinny as a dog! I worry with my metabolism I would get too thin.

Edited by Skyguy2005, 23 June 2017 - 11:20 PM.

#427 tintinet

• 1,914 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 11:44 PM

I don't think I've lost any weight, or noticed any effects at, except maybe mild mood elevation. Could be just placebo, thought.

#428 RWhigham

• 211 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:36 AM

Blagosklonny  "From rapalogs to anti-aging formula"  in Feb, 2017  suggests the following drug combinations to increase lifespan:

A.   Rapamycin + metformin   -  especially for those where metformin is indicated (insulin-resistant or obese)
B.   Rapamycin + propranolol (beta blocker) + Lisinopril (ACE inhibitor -  half doses for normotensive people
C.   Rapamycin + statin
D.   Rapamycin + metformin + statin
E.   Rapamycin + propranolol + Lisinopril + aspirin + statin  -  Especially for those with atherosclerosis
F.    Rapamycin + metformin + propranolol + Lisinopril + aspirin + statin + PDE5 inhibitor  -  7-drug combination

Dr Green is giving somewhat similar advice

But  "I am a little mouse, and I want to live longer"  study in 2013 gave the following 6 drug cocktail to mice in their food:

Everolimus + metformin + aspirin + metoprolol (beta blocker) + Ramipril (ACE inhibitor) + Simvastatin  -  6-drug combination (no PDE5 inhibitor) Each of these 6 drugs was given in the daily amount that was previously reported to have extended the lifespan of mice when given singly.  The result was quietly reported in 2015 "we observed a lifespan reduction in males and in females."  (No further details given)

Edited by RWhigham, 25 June 2017 - 04:00 AM.

• Informative x 3
  • Good Point x 2

#429 RWhigham

• 211 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 July 2017 - 08:17 PM

But  "I am a little mouse, and I want to live longer"  study in 2013 gave the following 6 drug cocktail to mice in their food:

Everolimus + metformin + aspirin + metoprolol (beta blocker) + Ramipril (ACE inhibitor) + Simvastatin  -  6-drug combination (no PDE5 inhibitor) Each of these 6 drugs was given in the daily amount that was previously reported to have extended the lifespan of mice when given singly.  The result was quietly reported in 2015 "we observed a lifespan reduction in males and in females."  (No further details given)

That mouse study doesn't warrant this thread coming to an end. The mice were not treated right. The rapamycin and 5 other pharmaceuticals put into their food for continuous dosing was harmful. Rapamycin taken daily inhibits both mTORC1 and mTORC2.

Blagosklonny and Dr.Green have both taken great pains to explain that you need to leave TOR2 alone, and suppress TOR1 intermittently. Taking a low dose of rapamycin once-a-week does exactly that.

Weekly low dose rapamycin combined with good diet and exercise can in a few short months get rid of excess abdominal fat and make you look better, feel better, and have longer life expectancy. Rapamycin has other more subtle effects that Blagosklonny thinks will increase your lifespan (if you already sport a 6-pack.)

As for the metformin, beta blocker, ACE inhibitor, statin, and PDE5 inhibitor, perhaps the combination is too much, but we can't tell from the mouse study, because the daily rapamycin was already bad enough.

I'm leery of taking too much stuff that requires your bionome to adjust. T1-reg cells from the thymus migrate to the bowels to finish their development.  If your bowels are upset from too much stuff, the T1-reg cells might not develop properly. Then your immune system won't be regulated properly, and you will develop auto-immune disease, inflammation, and a reduced lifespan. 

Metformin for example requires your bionome to "adapt" ie breed resistant bacteria, which is a crap shoot (pun not intended).  :) 

Edited by RWhigham, 10 July 2017 - 08:40 PM.

• Agree x 2
  • Informative x 1

#430 VP.

• 347 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

Since we are talking about Metformin: https://www.wired.co...a-nickel-a-pop/

#431 smithx

• 816 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 12:33 AM

Not to hijack the thread, but what are the reasons one would NOT want to take metformin? And are those all canceled out by rapamycin?

It would seem unlikely, and these side effects have scared me away from it until now:

https://www.drugs.co...de-effects.html

But perhaps the positive effects so outweigh the side effects that its worth just taking it anyway?

Edited by smithx, 11 July 2017 - 12:35 AM.

#432 RWhigham

• 211 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:10 AM

Not to hijack the thread, but what are the reasons one would NOT want to take metformin? And are those all canceled out by rapamycin?

It would seem unlikely, and these side effects have scared me away from it until now:

https://www.drugs.co...de-effects.html

But perhaps the positive effects so outweigh the side effects that its worth just taking it anyway?

Diarrhea is #1 reason.  But I haven't tried a time release version, which is supposed to be better tolerated.

#433 Michael

• Advisor, Moderator
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

But "I am a little mouse, and I want to live longer"  study in 2013 gave the following 6 drug cocktail to mice in their food:[/size]
Everolimus + metformin + aspirin + metoprolol (beta blocker) + Ramipril (ACE inhibitor) + Simvastatin - 6-drug combination (no PDE5 inhibitor) Each of these 6 drugs was given in the daily amount that was previously reported to have extended the lifespan of mice when given singly.

That mouse study doesn't warrant this thread coming to an end.

No one was suggesting that it should.

That mouse study doesn't warrant this thread coming to an end. The mice were not treated right. The rapamycin and 5 other pharmaceuticals put into their food for continuous dosing was harmful. Rapamycin taken daily inhibits both mTORC1 and mTORC2.

Blagosklonny and Dr.Green have both taken great pains to explain that you need to leave TOR2 alone, and suppress TOR1 intermittently. Taking a low dose of rapamycin once-a-week does exactly that.

That's a reasonable suggestion, and there is now some rodent data to support it (albeit that there were far too few mice, it was all in females (important, because males have not fared as well on rapa as females), and the controls' lifespans were a little bit shorter than one would like). However, continuous dosing is not a knock against this study: to that extent they were following the standard rapamycin protocol, which has been successful when rapa is dosed alone. Prior to this study, all the rapamycin lifespan studies done in rodents had been done using continuous dosing, with the semi-exception of two questionable ones by Anisimov using cancer-prone and abnormally short-lived mouse strains — and even those had used two-weeks-on/two-weeks off dosing. And that study really needs replicated in a larger group and in males.

A more plausible explanation for the failure is toxicity from polypharmacy (which should be a concern for people with all of their stacks), or an unexpected negative mechanistic synergy (ditto), combined with the fact that most of these agents had not actually been shown to extend  life in otherwise-normal rodents of both genders.

Not to hijack the thread, but what are the reasons one would NOT want to take metformin?

Principally because — despite what the Wired piece and a zillion other articles claim — metformin does not extend lifespan in normal, otherwise-healthy mammals.

Smithx wrote: And are those [reasons not to take metformin] all canceled out by rapamycin?

No — quite the reverse: metformin seems to enhance the anti-aging effect of rapamycin, particularly in males, despite having no effects on its own — apparently by reducing the negative effect on glucose tolerance.

• WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#434 geo12the

• 181 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:16 AM

What is the consensus about Rapamcin vs. Everolimus? Is there enough information out there to suggest one is better than the other for anti-aging effects?  

Edited by geo12the, 11 July 2017 - 04:18 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rapamycin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users