• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Do I Have Depression, ADHD, Anxiety or Low-Self Esteem??

social mental health foggy thinking

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:22 PM

Can anyone sum up what might be affecting my mood / personality. For some really weird reason I've found it really hard to make new friends and I have always felt really moody towards people without any known reason. I am very shy, and always feel the need to justify my personality with someone and if I get rejected by someone who doesn't like me it makes me even more moodier. I find it hard to know what to talk about with people. Starting new conversations and find it hard to think clearly.

I have some form of brain fog or as if I cannot think at all. My memory is really poor, my vision doesn't seem "sharp" as it should be and am always feeling spaced out. The only thing that seems to help with my vision is nicotine. I don't know if in general my vision is related to depression or what it could be.

When I was younger and I still do to an extent suffer from social anxiety. I couldn't eat food in public because I felt like I was being judged. Then I just managed to get over it by thinking that everyone has got to eat as it's part of life so that's fine but I do still have the feeling like I'm being judged.

I am not sure what to say about the ADHD; I haven't been diagnosed but I find it really hard to focus on some thing. For example, I find it difficult to do my job without getting distracted by trying to talk to people; only to just get rejected again. I find it hard to watch a movie where I'm learning something. (if it was a normal movie I'd watch it without getting distracted) but that depends on the day and what my mood is like as some days I cannot sit still without feeling restless.

Does anyone know what I can do? If there's any supplements or diet plan I can use. My diet is shocking so was looking to change this. Been looking into the bulletproof diet unless someone knows of anything more suited for mental health? Does anyone know what I've actually got and how I can regain my memory, vision, and personality back.

Oh, and I've noticed with me. I don't seem to have a sense of humor and I seem to repeat the same conversation topics. Not that I can think of many to begin with.

Thanks,

Kieran

#2 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:33 PM

Welcome to the club. Did you see my post?
http://www.longecity...rders-is-wrong/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 LittleDragons

• 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:44 PM

I'm no professional yet, but there is a large amount of cross-over between the disorders that you mentioned. I strongly recommend that you see a mental health professional to best get the correct treatment that you want/need.

As for differential diagnosis, personally I would rule out ADHD because often anxiety can be confused for anxiety, as the inability to concentrate on one thing can actually be a symptom of anxiety which is often overlooked. Another is angry outbursts. Its largely because the model that is accepted today is basically saying that anxiety is a composite of things you are dealing with in life that then eventually break and your mind doesnt know how to deal with the fear and such so then its sent to the rest of the body to deal with the excess. Kind of like a spillover effect.

Additionally the depressive ideology and self-esteem issues also go hand in hand. Even further, these disorders are often co-morbid. Anxiety fuels depression and vice versa. Causes persistent thoughts that make the sadness or other symptoms worse.

Luckily both of these can be treated with talk-therapy or ssri's depending on what kind of fix you are looking for. Any therapist or psychiatrist worth their weight will work with the client to develop the treatment plan. If they dont, just leave. Its your right as a client to be involved in your treatment planning.

Best of luck to you! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: social, mental health, foggy thinking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users