Intranasal Insulin + Dihexa LOG

dihexa intranasal insulin

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 06:06 PM

Hi everyone.

I'm just going to type up a quick log because I have a ton to do this week (and it's driving my stress up the wall, which I think the Insulin has overall helped with).

-typically during the schoolyear I get super overwhelmed and can't focus on anything, it is much less so now.

-I am understanding higher level math for the first time in my life. I don't know if this has anything to do with the insulin or Dihexa, but it's amazing. I really don't know how to explain it. Last semester I was struggling with things much easier than what I am breezing through now. I have a more holistic understanding of math ideas. I'm able to work through problems without any help. I even helped tutor someone who was having problems like I used to!

-I am focusing on my work. Before, I could not focus on homework for longer than 2 hours at a time on average and the quality of my focus was poor. Now I can focus for 4 - 6 hours with small (10 - 15 min) breaks and the quality of my focus is better (probably around average).

-I quit the insulin for about 5 days because I was sick and couldn't get it up my nose, haha. Now I'm still having some trouble sniffing it up, but I think it has gone on working regardless. However, during the time I stopped using it, my stress became almost unmanageable and my visual snow returned full swing.

Sorry for the shortness of this, next week I'll make a longer log because I won't be freaking out so much. (still freaking out less than I usually would be I think though) 

Thanks for keeping us updated, Autumn! Glad you're feeling better and very cool that it seems to be helping with your focus, higher level math, stress and visual snow. =)

It helps me a lot to get feedback so I know what to recommend to people. Really appreciate it.

#32 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:15 AM

Hi everyone.

I'm just going to type up a quick log because I have a ton to do this week (and it's driving my stress up the wall, which I think the Insulin has overall helped with).

-typically during the schoolyear I get super overwhelmed and can't focus on anything, it is much less so now.

-I am understanding higher level math for the first time in my life. I don't know if this has anything to do with the insulin or Dihexa, but it's amazing. I really don't know how to explain it. Last semester I was struggling with things much easier than what I am breezing through now. I have a more holistic understanding of math ideas. I'm able to work through problems without any help. I even helped tutor someone who was having problems like I used to!

-I am focusing on my work. Before, I could not focus on homework for longer than 2 hours at a time on average and the quality of my focus was poor. Now I can focus for 4 - 6 hours with small (10 - 15 min) breaks and the quality of my focus is better (probably around average).

-I quit the insulin for about 5 days because I was sick and couldn't get it up my nose, haha. Now I'm still having some trouble sniffing it up, but I think it has gone on working regardless. However, during the time I stopped using it, my stress became almost unmanageable and my visual snow returned full swing.

Sorry for the shortness of this, next week I'll make a longer log because I won't be freaking out so much. (still freaking out less than I usually would be I think though) 

Thanks for keeping us updated, Autumn! Glad you're feeling better and very cool that it seems to be helping with your focus, higher level math, stress and visual snow. =)

It helps me a lot to get feedback so I know what to recommend to people. Really appreciate it.

It does seem to be helping, but I can't know if it's the insulin for sure. The only thing I'm sure is from the insulin is the decreased stress. I feel immediately very calm after taking it.

I did my first LLLT session tonight, too. But my lights are very, very dim and they did not heat up at all. I feel nothing at all from the session. I feel as if the device is not working as it should be.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#33 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:37 PM

Oh.. and the visual snow. I'd say with certainty it has helped with that, very unexpected. I would recommend it to anyone with similar vision disturbances.

• Informative x 1

#34 Yaguare44

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:42 PM

Interesting thread, i can relate somehow.
I just bookmarked the thread.

#35 Yaguare44

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:31 PM

one thing i forgot to mention: stop taking the DMSO. people complain about the awful smell for a reason. my brother did DMSO thats why i know it really is awful. do yourself a favor and stop using DMSO on a daily... smelling like this has serious social side effects. 

#36 Speculosity

• 54 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:16 PM

Hey Autumn, thanks for making this log. I too have brain damage from MDMA.

I'm glad things are picking up for you. I was wondering if your literal memory has gotten better?

#37 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:20 AM

Hi Speculosity!

I am planning on making a better log for the insulin, but I've been so busy lately that I've just been checking in. I will definitely make another post here soon enough.

For now I'll just say, I IN is no joke. It has seriously helped my memory, objectively and noticeably. My memory has improved, I think more than I expected from this stuff. Definite recommend. It has also incrementally helped decrease my visual snow, which is still kind of bad but nowhere near as bad as it used to be. It's good stuff.

If you don't mind sharing details about your damage, I would like to know a little more about your condition. Good luck. 

#38 Speculosity

• 54 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 07:38 PM

Hey, Sorry for the late response. I don't come on this site often, so I made this message and forgot about it lol.

So basically, all my symptoms are:

- Reduced verbal memory. Can't remember details when someone is explaining things to me or listing things.

- Poor verbal fluency. Can't explain things as well, and not as witty. I believe this is related to reduced verbal memory, as I can't actually remember what I'm saying as I say it to express it well.

- Can't read as well, also related to reduced verbal memory.

- Reduced motivation/passion for activities/hobbies.

- Sometimes feel tension in areas of my head that seem to directly match with areas of the brain that handle memory.

- I wouldn't describe it as "visual snow", but I also have visual issues. My vision feels as if I had a single glass of alcohol. Where it's not necessarily blurry, but it feels like I'm viewing the world through a window... like I'm not really there.

I don't have anxiety.

So I actually got Intranasal insulin about a week ago and tried it, it made me uncomfortable the first day and I stopped. Perhaps I should try it again and see what happens.

I've also taken dihexa about half a year ago for like 2 days... made me irritable so I stopped.

I've taken pretty much every supplement under the sun, I always have poor acute reactions to them.

Also, do you think these improvement you had are permanent?

Lastly, how are you sure your improvements are from the insulin and not the dihexa?

Edited by Speculosity, 14 November 2016 - 07:56 PM.

#39 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:20 PM

Hey everyone. This is probably going to be my last log post in this thread because the effects of the insulin have evened out and I have stopped using the Dihexa. I was going to make consistent posts, but was not diligent enough with my journal for the effects I was experiencing from this supplement, and since my experience was consistent throughout these few months, explanations would most likely have been repetitive anyway. I've been so busy I kind of want to pull my hair out.

So, this is a full summary of the final and cumulative effects of nearly 3 months on intranasal Insulin.

First, I must address the effect it has had on my visual snow. Before I was taking the insulin, the snow was so bad I could sometimes hardly see. I would walk around in a haze, constantly dealing with the grainy, pixelated downpour that made simple tasks appear psychedelic. Not only is the visual snow a reminder of days I'd rather have behind me; it is a reminder that there is something wrong with my cognition. It is like a manifestation of my problems in an undeniable, visual form. That's probably not scientifically valid, but it is a complex that I have. Since the insulin, the snow has decreased by at least 50%. I can now go about my day normally (by visual standards at least). I can forget that I am seeing things differently than everyone else and just focus on what is in front of me. It's barely noticeable during the day, even though at night it is still pretty strong. (By night I mean dark. In the dark there is no background to dull the appearance of the visual snow.) Still, it's pretty great.

Next, my verbal fluency has improved. I have a greater ability to go into detail and think about what I am saying. Before, my mind would cut off sentences midway through because I could not remember the word that would go next, and the thought would go out the window with it. As a result, my speech was a mish mash of half finished sentences whose point never surfaced. Whether I can attribute the final improvement to Insulin or not, I can't tell you, and I'm sorry for that. I can say that my ability increased rapidly after first taking the supplement. I've experienced placebo before, so I don't think it was all placebo. Placebo only contributed a modest gain in fluency that didn't reflect in my academics or social life. This change, however, has reflected in my academics and social life.

Third, and listen to this part, because it is significant: You've probably heard anecdotes from people taking "brain healing" substances that they remember things from long ago. They remember things they didn't know they still knew. Well, that is happening to me. I didn't expect it all. Not one tiny bit. I didn't think I could still remember stuff like that, but I am. When I'm just sitting there working on something or lying in bed trying to sleep, something comes up from childhood or from my early teen years that I had not thought of since it happened. Just random snip its/miscellaneous info, usually, but sometimes I can remember an answer to a question that I didn't know I knew. It's probably a healthy, normal thing for a person to experience, so it doesn't make sense to play it up to being miraculous, especially since I'm experiencing what I'll dub "long term recall" in smaller amounts than is probably healthy and normal. But for me, it is miraculous. I feel apprehensive, even mistrustful of myself, saying that, but I really feel like it's something I wouldn't experience. So, yeah. Definitely memory enhancement. It's undeniable. My recall has improved probably.... 50% at the best moments. Still not up to 100%, but it's much better than 10% (which is where I would pin my recall from before the insulin).

Fourth, my stress response is way better. Before, my stress would escalate so badly I would be lost in my paranoid thoughts about how I couldn't anything done and how I was going to inevitably fail etc. etc. That probably seems kind of extreme but I was just really, really bad at handling my stress both in my emotional life and in my academics. Now, I wouldn't say my stress has decreased, but my ability to handle it and not fall into paranoid delusions about it has improved. I have some kind of mental disturbance from the substances I took in my youth that caused a kind of psychosis. It's not necessary to explain it, but it's probably relevant to why I handle stressful situations the way I do. Either way, my stress response has met a net improvement.

The world now seems like a more 3D place. I have more social fluency and I feel altogether better and more..... human. I still have a long way to go, but this has been a really good stepping stone for me and I am feeling flecks of reality as others feel it, which I haven't felt in a very long time. I feel like I'm back on earth with the rest of humanity at times. Not to get all esoteric, but this journey has kinda sent me to space and back. It's nice to feel like everyone else, even if it's for just one second out of every day. The feelings of dissociation from this kind of drug abuse are out of this world.

Sorry for getting all far out, haha. I'm really happy with the insulin. Oh, and please don't take my statements as some sort of evangelical evidence of a cure all. This is not a cure all, and I still have a long way to go. It's just one of the only things that has ever helped me.

Edited by Autumn Knight, 25 November 2016 - 11:33 PM.

• like x 2
  • Cheerful x 2
  • Well Written x 1
  • Informative x 1

#40 Londonscouser

• 94 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:51 PM

@speculosity, I'm no doctor but the symptom of viewing the world through a glass screen seems to imply depersonalization (DP) maybe?

@autumn knight, I've read your experiences from when you first started this, and thank you for updating your log accordingly. I am very happy that you are able to make improvements to your life after everything you went though all those years ago. The way you express your thoughts in writing is amazing and it is clear you're very intelligent. You honestly are a bit of a inspiration to me, the way you damaged yourself through drug-abuse, and your willingness to live a normal life. I will try and follow suit.

Once again thank you. Good luck with your mathematical studies and your life in general, I wish you the best of luck you amazing person x

• like x 1

#41 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 11:54 PM

Hey, Sorry for the late response. I don't come on this site often, so I made this message and forgot about it lol.

- Reduced verbal memory. Can't remember details when someone is explaining things to me or listing things.

- Poor verbal fluency. Can't explain things as well, and not as witty. I believe this is related to reduced verbal memory, as I can't actually remember what I'm saying as I say it to express it well.

- Sometimes feel tension in areas of my head that seem to directly match with areas of the brain that handle memory.

- I wouldn't describe it as "visual snow", but I also have visual issues. My vision feels as if I had a single glass of alcohol. Where it's not necessarily blurry, but it feels like I'm viewing the world through a window... like I'm not really there.

I don't have anxiety.

So I actually got Intranasal insulin about a week ago and tried it, it made me uncomfortable the first day and I stopped. Perhaps I should try it again and see what happens.

I've also taken dihexa about half a year ago for like 2 days... made me irritable so I stopped.

I've taken pretty much every supplement under the sun, I always have poor acute reactions to them.

Lastly, how are you sure your improvements are from the insulin and not the dihexa?

​So you have poor short term recall but adequate long term recall?

I totally relate to the verbal fluency. Not only is it hard to follow along in a conversation, it's difficult to say things that pose a challenging perspective from which to continue talking. Even for small talk and simple topics, thinking of the next move is monumentally difficult.

Your reduced motivation is worrying. Maybe you have depression that is either causing your symptoms or was caused by the drug incident. Depression is especially hard to treat with medication when it is caused by drug abuse.

Sometimes it does make people feel uncomfortable. I don't know why. There is nothing that makes you feel good supplement wise? Even if it's alcohol or something. Just wondering.

I do not know if the improvements I've had are permanent, but they aren't just a high. So they're probably at least semipermanent.

The answer to this question has been addressed in the above post as far as I'm capable of answering.

#42 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 November 2016 - 02:44 AM

First, I must address the effect it has had on my visual snow.

Next, my verbal fluency has improved.

Third, and listen to this part, because it is significant: You've probably heard anecdotes from people taking "brain healing" substances that they remember things from long ago. They remember things they didn't know they still knew. Well, that is happening to me.

Fourth, my stress response is way better.

The world now seems like a more 3D place.

now, how much of that was due to dihexa vs insulin?

#43 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

@speculosity, I'm no doctor but the symptom of viewing the world through a glass screen seems to imply depersonalization (DP) maybe?

@autumn knight, I've read your experiences from when you first started this, and thank you for updating your log accordingly. I am very happy that you are able to make improvements to your life after everything you went though all those years ago. The way you express your thoughts in writing is amazing and it is clear you're very intelligent. You honestly are a bit of a inspiration to me, the way you damaged yourself through drug-abuse, and your willingness to live a normal life. I will try and follow suit.

Once again thank you. Good luck with your mathematical studies and your life in general, I wish you the best of luck you amazing person x

Thank you for the compliment.

There are people on here who were in similar situations to mine who made it through and succeeded. They are my inspirations. :)

Time has been my greatest healer thus far. I know it's easy to give up hope. I just feel like I need to keep trying.

You're welcome! Thanks for the well wishes. 

First, I must address the effect it has had on my visual snow.

Next, my verbal fluency has improved.

Third, and listen to this part, because it is significant: You've probably heard anecdotes from people taking "brain healing" substances that they remember things from long ago. They remember things they didn't know they still knew. Well, that is happening to me.

Fourth, my stress response is way better.

The world now seems like a more 3D place.

now, how much of that was due to dihexa vs insulin?

Unfortunately, I can't say for absolutely sure. I wish I could. Since I've been steadily improving during the time I've taken the insulin and since most of these effects happened rapidly after the first dose of insulin, I am assuming it is the insulin.

• Informative x 1

#44 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:40 AM

Hey everyone. I thought I'd make a quick post about my 6th month on Insulin, just because I believe it has helped me begin to build and maintain a level of cognitive function that I didn't think I'd get out of a supplement and it begs mention.

The comorbid hallucinations I experienced along with my Visual Snow syndrome are gone. 100% gone. I no longer see waving colors when staring at a white wall. It's just... a wall. It's great! The visual snow is still there, but it's very, very subtle. It's barely noticeable in the dark.

My memory.... wow. It's so much better. I didn't expect it to improve more than it had in my last post, but it really has. With the help of challenging puzzle games, Dual n-Back, and Insulin, having a better memory IS a reality for me, a person with cognitive deficits. It's still not super amazing, but I think it's on a baseline with the average person's memory, if I had to make a possibly inaccurate guess.

Stress, and focus. My stress is gone. I can go through my life like a normal person, handling obstacles as they come towards me. My schoolwork is... kind of easy, actually. It used to be insanely difficult. Now I can study and still have time to read a book afterward. That's crazy! Crazy I tell you. I can't tell you how much time it has saved me. I can complete something in an hour it would have taken me at least 3 hours to do before, on a good day.

The effects keep on happening. I expect them to level, and they sort of do for a while, but then I realize.. I'm doing things much better than I used to. It has got to be the insulin. Maybe it's because I'm a woman, and I'm taking the low dose that was most effective for women in some of the trials. Who knows at the moment why it is working so well for me but doesn't do much for some others. I really hope it works for some of you in the same way.

Next, I'm going to buy a Tendlite, since I couldn't get the smaller LEDS to work for me. I'm also going to try Selegiline and BPC-157 (although I'm wary of taking them together). The Dihexa I have remaining is still sitting, unused. I don't trust myself to administer it properly.

Good luck everyone.

Edited by Autumn Knight, 13 February 2017 - 07:51 AM.

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#45 Lsdium

• 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:47 AM

Hey everyone. I thought I'd make a quick post about my 6th month on Insulin, just because I believe it has helped me begin to build and maintain a level of cognitive function that I didn't think I'd get out of a supplement and it begs mention.

The comorbid hallucinations I experienced along with my Visual Snow syndrome are gone. 100% gone. I no longer see waving colors when staring at a white wall. It's just... a wall. It's great! The visual snow is still there, but it's very, very subtle. It's barely noticeable in the dark.

My memory.... wow. It's so much better. I didn't expect it to improve more than it had in my last post, but it really has. With the help of challenging puzzle games, Dual n-Back, and Insulin, having a better memory IS a reality for me, a person with cognitive deficits. It's still not super amazing, but I think it's on a baseline with the average person's memory, if I had to make a possibly inaccurate guess.

Stress, and focus. My stress is gone. I can go through my life like a normal person, handling obstacles as they come towards me. My schoolwork is... kind of easy, actually. It used to be insanely difficult. Now I can study and still have time to read a book afterward. That's crazy! Crazy I tell you. I can't tell you how much time it has saved me. I can complete something in an hour it would have taken me at least 3 hours to do before, on a good day.

The effects keep on happening. I expect them to level, and they sort of do for a while, but then I realize.. I'm doing things much better than I used to. It has got to be the insulin. Maybe it's because I'm a woman, and I'm taking the low dose that was most effective for women in some of the trials. Who knows. But it's working for me. I really hope it works for some of you in the same way.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks Autumn Knight for great feedback!

Have you completely stopped takeing dihexa?

• like x 1

#46 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:54 AM

The effects keep on happening. I expect them to level, and they sort of do for a while, but then I realize.. I'm doing things much better than I used to. It has got to be the insulin. Maybe it's because I'm a woman, and I'm taking the low dose that was most effective for women in some of the trials. Who knows. But it's working for me. I really hope it works for some of you in the same way.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks Autumn Knight for great feedback!

Have you completely stopped takeing dihexa?

Yes. I edited my last post to include that I stopped taking it. I only took 4 doses of Dihexa. The last dose was quite a while ago.

#47 Speculosity

• 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:38 AM

The effects keep on happening. I expect them to level, and they sort of do for a while, but then I realize.. I'm doing things much better than I used to. It has got to be the insulin. Maybe it's because I'm a woman, and I'm taking the low dose that was most effective for women in some of the trials. Who knows at the moment why it is working so well for me but doesn't do much for some others. I really hope it works for some of you in the same way.

Next, I'm going to buy a Tendlite, since I couldn't get the smaller LEDS to work for me. I'm also going to try Selegiline and BPC-157 (although I'm wary of taking them together). The Dihexa I have remaining is still sitting, unused. I don't trust myself to administer it properly.

Good luck everyone.

I'm really happy for your improvements!

I've come to the conclusion that my damage from MDMA, and your damage might be two different physiological causes.

We both have/had memory and language problems, but yours appears to be linked with visual hallucinations, stress, and anxiety, while I had neither. My vision has become like I had a single shot of alcohol (not necessarily blurry, but like I'm looking at the world through a window, not really "there"), but I wouldn't say I see things that aren't there. Or a "grainy, pixelated downpour that made simple tasks appear psychedelic". I do have motivational and lack of passion issues though. I also wouldn't categorize my language issues as necessarily dropping words mid-sentence, but I definitely wouldn't be able to easily explain a detailed thought, or tell a funny story anymore, because my mind wouldn't have the verbal working memory to temporarily hold and organize all the information I want to portray in a comprehensive and interesting manner. It makes writing essays really shitty, as I really have to go over every sentence I right to make sure I didn't say something redundant or make elementary errors since I can't remember what I write/read well 5 seconds after I do. I can remember the general idea, but not the details. 

Also, I tried taking intranasal insulin for a week straight after last replying on this thread, it made me kind of irritable, and somewhat anxious. It wasn't comfortable. I tried varying dosages. Another reason we may have different causes.

I suspect that your damage actually did have something to do with Serotonin loss, as lack of serotonin can cause anxiety/stress, and this certain kind of anxiety/stress is almost in itself linked to memory issues. Studies have shown that serotonin axon loss appears in the occipital lobe of MDMA users, along with visual perception issues. There also is a study that says that women are more likely to get this specific type of occipital damage than men. I actually talked with another longecity member with MDMA related brain damage named Charlotte8, a woman from this thread a long while back and she said she was seeing hallucinations as well. I don't think she's online anymore, but she might benefit from intranasal insulin.

I recently had a SPECT scan done which measures the level of blood perfusion in your brain. It was shown that I have reduced perfusion on both sides of my orbital cortex, along with my inferior medial cortex. It's possible this might be linked with all my issues, and am in the process of saving money to get a PirHEG device that can help me train to increase perfusion in those spots. Hope it works out.

Edited by Speculosity, 13 February 2017 - 08:44 AM.

• like x 1

#48 Speculosity

• 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:59 AM

I don't have anxiety.

​So you have poor short term recall but adequate long term recall?

I totally relate to the verbal fluency. Not only is it hard to follow along in a conversation, it's difficult to say things that pose a challenging perspective from which to continue talking. Even for small talk and simple topics, thinking of the next move is monumentally difficult.

Your reduced motivation is worrying. Maybe you have depression that is either causing your symptoms or was caused by the drug incident. Depression is especially hard to treat with medication when it is caused by drug abuse.

Sometimes it does make people feel uncomfortable. I don't know why. There is nothing that makes you feel good supplement wise? Even if it's alcohol or something. Just wondering.

I do not know if the improvements I've had are permanent, but they aren't just a high. So they're probably at least semipermanent.

The answer to this question has been addressed in the above post as far as I'm capable of answering.

Never saw this post, but yes, depression may be the word here, less blood flow to the frontal lobes can be a strong physiological cause in that.

No supplement makes me feel good anymore. Fish oil and Bacopa USED TO during the first weeks of my damage... now they just makes me extremely anxious... I have no idea how or why my brain changed. I don't drink much, but when I do, there's no difference in effect to when I did it without brain damage.

#49 lostfalco

• 1,686 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:10 PM

This is awesome, Autumn! Thanks so much for sharing your experiences. Definitely keep us updated on the Tendlite experiment as well. Only a handful of us have tested it out so it'll be interesting to see how it works for you. =)

#50 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 04:24 PM

Good luck everyone.

I'm really happy for your improvements!

I've come to the conclusion that my damage from MDMA, and your damage might be two different physiological causes.

We both have/had memory and language problems, but yours appears to be linked with visual hallucinations, stress, and anxiety, while I had neither. My vision has become like I had a single shot of alcohol (not necessarily blurry, but like I'm looking at the world through a window, not really "there"), but I wouldn't say I see things that aren't there. Or a "grainy, pixelated downpour that made simple tasks appear psychedelic". I do have motivational and lack of passion issues though. I also wouldn't categorize my language issues as necessarily dropping words mid-sentence, but I definitely wouldn't be able to easily explain a detailed thought, or tell a funny story anymore, because my mind wouldn't have the verbal working memory to temporarily hold and organize all the information I want to portray in a comprehensive and interesting manner. It makes writing essays really shitty, as I really have to go over every sentence I right to make sure I didn't say something redundant or make elementary errors since I can't remember what I write/read well 5 seconds after I do. I can remember the general idea, but not the details. 

Also, I tried taking intranasal insulin for a week straight after last replying on this thread, it made me kind of irritable, and somewhat anxious. It wasn't comfortable. I tried varying dosages. Another reason we may have different causes.

I suspect that your damage actually did have something to do with Serotonin loss, as lack of serotonin can cause anxiety/stress, and this certain kind of anxiety/stress is almost in itself linked to memory issues. Studies have shown that serotonin axon loss appears in the occipital lobe of MDMA users, along with visual perception issues. There also is a study that says that women are more likely to get this specific type of occipital damage than men. I actually talked with another longecity member with MDMA related brain damage named Charlotte8, a woman from this thread a long while back and she said she was seeing hallucinations as well. I don't think she's online anymore, but she might benefit from intranasal insulin.

I recently had a SPECT scan done which measures the level of blood perfusion in your brain. It was shown that I have reduced perfusion on both sides of my orbital cortex, along with my inferior medial cortex. It's possible this might be linked with all my issues, and am in the process of saving money to get a PirHEG device that can help me train to increase perfusion in those spots. Hope it works out.

Thank you!

I actually was a multi-substance abuser. That probably has something to do with it. But yes, my boyfriend at the time didn't have most of the issues I did either, and he used as much (if not more) than I did. Would you classify your visual disturbances as HPPD?

That is, ironically, a really good explanation for how it feels not to be able to communicate as one wishes! It is a working memory problem as well as a focus issue. Not only do you not have the focus to pinpoint what you wish to say (and think), but you also don't have the memory to remember what you already said 5 words ago. It is like learning a new language, translating very slowly from your native language into the new one. It takes a lot of conscious thought, when speaking should have a necessary fluid and automatic component to it. Speaking of which (off topic), I recommend learning a new language if you aren't already. It has helped me a lot, and it is useful.

I am so sorry the insulin didn't work for you. :( I wish everyone could experience it like I did. Do you think MDMA damages people's brains differently, or that they react to the same damage differently?

Charlotte8 is a friend of mine. I don't think she suffered as much cognitive loss as we did. She does however suffer from lack of motivation and passion like you do. She is still online sometimes. In fact, she told me recently she is on a treatment regimen and (I think) expects to intravenously inject Cerebrolysin at some point in the future.

Awesome! I'm so happy you're getting an HEG. I'm certain it will do something for you if used properly. I am also interested in neurotherapy devices and am planning on expanding my knowledge of TAGsync. Let me know how that goes for you.

Edited by Autumn Knight, 14 February 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#51 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Autumn Knight, what would happen if you stopped IN insulin?

• Good Point x 1

#52 Autumn Knight

• Topic Starter
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:27 AM

Autumn Knight, what would happen if you stopped IN insulin?

I don't know and I don't want to find out.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#53 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 June 2018 - 09:29 PM

Hi Autumn Knight,

Any updates? I noticed a number of studies have been published since then. Most positive. I'm thinking to revisit it.

• Good Point x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dihexa, intranasal insulin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users