• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

What to do in case of amphetamine OD (excessive dopamine signaling)

dopamine

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:50 PM

Let's assume someone takes something which increases dopamine concentrations in the brain either by preventing its breakdown or by being a precursor to its synthesis or by causing its release, and they begin to get paranoid and suspect a psychotic attack is about to come on. What legal supplement could be used to potentially prevent that psychotic attack?

(No, I am not a stimulant user.)

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:15 AM

Activated Charcoal detoxifies the system pretty quickly.

Magnesium has anti-catecholamine properties.

Possible counteract it with something serotonergic or gabaergic? 

Bacopa and ashwagandha would be a good start...

• Ill informed x 1
  • Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 01:58 AM

Since amphetamine operates directly on uptake channels, MAO, and vesicles, it's hard to stop its signifying chain of events.  Charcoal is good start.  But if signs of overdose are already obvious, turn to something like a dopamine or norandrenergic antagonist.  Antipsychotics, beta-blockers, benzodiazapines, and dexmedetomidine are all recommended in the literature.  A serotonin antagonist may also be used at a lower dose, but keep in mind 5-HT2C antagonist stimulates a dopamine release.. and also stacking too many drugs to make a would-be "antidote" is less than professorial.

• Agree x 1

#4 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:18 AM

I've only had 2 hours of sleep in about 3 days. This is starting to turn into the scenario of the guy who was awake for more than a week where I suggested he try BCAAs. I've tried BCAAs, magnesium and niacin just 8 hours ago but they don't seem to work.

A day ago I had a "screaming" hallucination, the sort people get when they're just about to fall asleep, except I was standing up and doing some work. That scared me tremendously and that's when I made this thread.

Right now I feel really depressed. I guess this means my catecholamine or other neurotransmitter levels are depleted, so the BCAAs and magnesium were not entirely useless.

I haven't taken any stimulants besides drinking a "fake" coca cola (coca cola knockoff) and eating chocolate chip cookies, but I have had very mild sleep disturbances this whole month which originally came with mild diarrhea and epilepsy/migraine auras (I don't usually get those on a daily basis but this month I have).

#5 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 04:25 PM

Thank God I finally fell asleep and slept for at least 8 hours. I still feel "odd" and I have that feeling with my eyes which I get if I go to sleep after too much caffeine or something serotonergic. I also have a mild headache. Hmm.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 02:29 AM

Nothing like Clonazepam  to ease you down.  Or Zolpidem, if you just want to be knocked out.

If you want to go "ghetto" promethazine syrup and a 40 oz, either Old English, St. Ides, or Biggie's favorite, Private Stock.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dopamine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users