* * * - - 2 votes

Bulbine Natalensis

bulbine natalensis

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:01 AM

I recently bought Bulbine Natalensis as with other things only out of pure curiosity. I read about its liver and kidney toxicity but that seems to be disputed by its users who reference safety studies that discard the notion of toxicity higher than placebo. 

I've tried 2x750mg tablets and can say that it has some effect on sexual function and perhaps - just perhaps - it has slight androgenic activity as well. It seems to like zinc increase sexual desire and sensitivity of the sexual organ but only mildly.

Mentally I believe it may ever so slightly have increased my energy levels but so far this could just be a placebo or fatigue induced feeling of energy.

It seems to increase my frequency of urination especially immediately upon ingestion, suggesting that it does indeed have an effect on the kidneys.This effect is slightly comparable to vitamin C dosages at over 2 grams although Bulbine's kidney effect lasts the whole day.

It also seems to cause cold fingers and weird cold or "loss of blood" sensations in various parts of the body, comparable to how some nitric oxide and blood thinner supplements do.

It appears to both be slightly calming (is claimed to be anticonvulsive) yet also inducing depressive thinking.

Has anyone else tried it? Do you feel the same effect on urination, blood, etc? Please share your experiences (I know it's called Brain Health..).

Oh btw I weigh around 130kg.

Edited by RatherBeUnknown, 24 September 2016 - 06:04 AM.

• Off-Topic x 1

#2 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:20 AM

My blood pressure and pulse 30 minutes after ingestion and 1.5 hours after waking (where I have cold sensations around my body):

Sys 135 (I'm large so not abnormal)

Dia 55

Pulse 59

So far it doesn't seem to increase heart rate as others have reported and may even slow it down (oh no!). I have yet to see anyone report the effects I am and vice versa with experiencing the effects of others.

I do feel a bit as if my heart may be weakened...

OH FUCK I think I'm experiencing kidney pain. A part of my lower left back area (not spine) is slightly painful and pain comes and goes...

Update: pulse is now down to 55 and I am feeling even colder and slightly weak in my body. I hope this is just anxiety.

Edited by RatherBeUnknown, 24 September 2016 - 06:41 AM.

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:28 AM

Just lost a long post I made in my edited post to "you don't have permission to do that".. sigh

To wrap up what I wrote:

I've done a urine test by urinating into an empty and clean bottle to see urine color. The urine color was for the first time urinating today: dark yellow. 5 minutes later I urinated again and it was medium dark yellow color. 5 minutes again and it was the same with the urine. After the 3rd time urinating I still feel a noticeable urge to urinate, this Bulbine surely has some diuretic effect.

Smell of urine is oddly sweetish but this is the first time I've had this problem and I am not diabetic. It always smells salty or like vinegar. Smell could be due to artificial sweeteners in my sugar-free (5g per 2 liters) ice tea I am drinking. I've also had a slice of pizza which could effect urine color but this should only occur many hours after eating, not 5 minutes after.

I've begun to feel some weird pains in my feet and lower legs as well as my hands and wrist but these are mild and quickly subside and reappear.

After the urine test I've taken a bath and this has slightly removed the coldness in my body but it's definitely still there. My whole body is also very itchy but this could be chlorine in the water.

#4 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:56 AM

I started taking Bulbine this week, also 750mg tablets(bulkpowders). I take about two per day.

So far I have a lot of intestinal distress, all through the week. Seems like an odd coincidence. Will update if I can confirm it is indeed from the bulbine.

Sports-wise I'm having great workouts and feel 'manly', may or may not be in part caused by the bulbine supplementation.

#5 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 08:59 AM

I regret I belatedly discovered that one can easily import the african 'afrigetics' extract used in clinical trials (link)

I'm not sure the 750mg tablet are of a comparable quality.

Edit: the top bulkpowders.co.uk review confirms my previous finding:

Massive downside is that they turn your stomach upside down! Literally turned my arse to water 2 days in and it's been the same since, had to stop taking them for this reason, can't live the touch and go toilet lifestyle any longer ha.

Edited by Baten, 24 September 2016 - 09:09 AM.

#6 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:14 AM

I started taking Bulbine this week, also 750mg tablets(bulkpowders). I take about two per day.

So far I have a lot of intestinal distress, all through the week. Seems like an odd coincidence. Will update if I can confirm it is indeed from the bulbine.

Sports-wise I'm having great workouts and feel 'manly', may or may not be in part caused by the bulbine supplementation.

I am also using Bulkpowders. They're not cheap but quality should be ok. The product is the whole herb chopped up and not only parts of it, and the whole plant when ingested tends to cause diarrhea (read the reviews on the bulkpowders.co.uk site).

They recommend 3x750mg a day. For WHO? Someone who weighs 300kg? Kind of amusing. I have adverse effects from only 1 a day and I weigh more than most people. Does weight even matter when it comes to the renal and hepatic toxicity of a substance? Surely the kidney and liver doesn't grow that much just because you're a lot bigger in your bones. Maybe I am failing to understand something regarding how much a person can tolerate of a herb based upon weight.

I also hope it's not a problem I keep updating my thread with new posts as opposed to editing them.. because I can't edit my posts.. I will make a follow up on my condition as long as the side effects don't subside (they're claimed to worsen with time by studies).

Right now I've urinated for the 5th time and immediately feel a need to do so again. This time my urine color is more transparent, more like water, and perhaps the sweet smell is slightly reduced (or increased, very difficult to tell). I've begun eating a sweet chocolate cake just after my 5th time urinating and I hope it doesn't mean trouble if my kidneys are failing me.

I do feel I have more energy now (not the chocolate cake) but it's in a weird way. When I don't move I feel that I have abnormally much energy but as soon as I move (and I'm big, so I can't take much) it's back to normal in terms of poor endurance. Alcar and other things which improve the mitochondrial function do allow me to exert more as well giving me a subjective feeling of increased energy, so mitochondrial involvement can perhaps be excluded as a mechanism of action.

I don't feel any androgenic activity.

What recommendations are there for mitigating the renal and hepatic side-effects of Bulbine (I've had no evidence of hepatic issues.. yet)? Is it just like running a cycle of anavar or any oral - you drink lots and lots of water and take various supplements? How the heck do you mitigate renal and hepatic shrinkage that is attributed to Bulbine usage in rats?

Edited by RatherBeUnknown, 24 September 2016 - 09:22 AM.

• dislike x 1

#7 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 09:21 AM

The area just very slightly under my naval and to the left of it (in the side) hurts when I touch it. What the heck is located there? Small intestines? This might be the diarrhea issue. I do feel a little bit coming on to do with toilet usage but it's very mild.

Edited by RatherBeUnknown, 24 September 2016 - 09:31 AM.

#8 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 10:52 AM

9th time I've urinated. I forgot to mention that my urine is also very foamy almost everytime I urinate. The yellow color has returned and I'm now sticking to drinking water only and not eating anything. I usually take p5p every morning but didn't today (hmm?) and according to http://www.lifeexten...Disease/Page-01 p5p may be effective in preventing some kidney issues/failure/damage. Could this be why I took twice the dosage of Bulbine yesterday (but with p5p 50mg in the morning) and didn't experience as big issues as I have now? Hmm.. 

#9 Dakman1

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:01 PM

So you've urinated 9 times in five hours, is that correct?

#10 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 07:13 PM

In your situation I'm surprised you're not more panicked as opposed to doubling the dosage, hah.

Because of the intestine-thing, I'm quitting supplementation for the time being for sure.

#11 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:31 AM

So you've urinated 9 times in five hours, is that correct?

Actually a little bit more but it's almost only a few "streaks" each time, though I felt the "load" every time I had finished. I must say, as soon as I ate small portions of that chocolate cake and other sweets I felt significantly worse. Bulbine has "anti-diabetic" properties, they claim. I guess it's like alpha lipoic acid which also makes me feel terrible if I consume it with sugar. But there's definitely also something to the kidney thing.

Can't I just do a transdermal on my testicle area to avoid kidney issues? I've seen several transdermal Bulbine kits sold for application to testicle area, I just don't want to waste more money on trying different varieties.

Is the toxicity of this product the same as testosterone injections, where the injectables are practically as liver (and kidney?) toxic as oral is?

In your situation I'm surprised you're not more panicked as opposed to doubling the dosage, hah.

Wasn't it the opposite, that I took 2x750mg first day and yesterday only 1x750mg? Maybe I didn't explain it well. But I was definitely scared, especially if the kidneys can be permanently damaged.

#12 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:16 PM

Look I don't know how to break this to you, but I'm afraid you've got bum kidneys mate.  If this is for what I think it's for  ;)  (which it most certainly is) you best stick to the likes of ginger and boron.  And ask your doc about p5p.  The urination and intestine pain sound about right for someone who drank a lot of tea after food poisoning.  But otherwise, it's raising some red flags.

Why continue to take a supplement when you've had a very concerning, adverse reaction?  Do you read the warnings on the supplements you buy?  You would stumble on something like this (minus my annotations):

Product XYZ is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

[Which is complete rubbish.. these products are marketed to cure a disease, and purchased to cure a disease.  But continuing on...]

The statements contained on this product have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

[Alright, I'll grant you that.  No doubts there.]

The information provided on this pamphlet is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging.

[k.  I'll just use it as a napkin then.]

Please consult with a health care professional before starting any diet [again, complete rubbish.  Who does that?  My doctor knows less about nutrition than many of us], exercise or supplementation program [including Bulbine natalensis], before taking any medication, or if you suspect you might have a health problem [including kidney failure].

Individual results from using Product XYZ may vary.

[No doubts there.]

#13 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

Look I don't know how to break this to you, but I'm afraid you've got bum kidneys mate.  If this is for what I think it's for  ;)  (which it most certainly is) you best stick to the likes of ginger and boron.  And ask your doc about p5p.  The urination and intestine pain sound about right for someone who drank a lot of tea after food poisoning.  But otherwise, it's raising some red flags.

Why continue to take a supplement when you've had a very concerning, adverse reaction?  Do you read the warnings on the supplements you buy?  You would stumble on something like this (minus my annotations):

Product XYZ is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

[Which is complete rubbish.. these products are marketed to cure a disease, and purchased to cure a disease.  But continuing on...]

The statements contained on this product have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.

[Alright, I'll grant you that.  No doubts there.]

The information provided on this pamphlet is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional, or any information contained on or in any product label or packaging.

[k.  I'll just use it as a napkin then.]

Please consult with a health care professional before starting any diet [again, complete rubbish.  Who does that?  My doctor knows less about nutrition than many of us], exercise or supplementation program [including Bulbine natalensis], before taking any medication, or if you suspect you might have a health problem [including kidney failure].

Individual results from using Product XYZ may vary.

[No doubts there.]

There are no such statements on the product (it's Bulkpowders). The only statements are concerning it not being a replacement for a proper diet and it's not to be used by people under 18.

As for the adverse reaction I've had, I didn't have it to this degree on the first day and I've went through forum after forum and review after review, study after study and only found multiple references to diarrhea. 

Right now I am in the makings of trying to make a transdermal version of this that I can directly rub into my testicle area for Xtreme Gainz.

Today I woke up with a strong libido so I can say that it has been doing something. This is the third day and I have not taken it today.

As for p5p, the linked LE article details how p5p is protective against various forms of damage to the kidneys so it's smart to be taking it.

#14 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:03 PM

Even if the supplier has neglected to label it with the proper warning, still be cautious!  I agree the testicular ointment is a bright idea, not because it will produce extreme gains.  It won't.  But because what little you absorb will completely bypass the liver.  To make the creme more effective, consider combining it with stuff like zinc, ginger and localized UV-radiation.  The zinc is generally healthy for the skin and everything, while the ginger actually dilates microcapillaries and facilitates diffusion of other medicines across the skin.  It's an old trick.  Ginger even enhances its own uptake!  Making it topically effective against arthritis[1]!

The p5p might be alright, but you said discontinuing it might have led to problems?  When you depend on something to keep your kidneys going.. that's when you should really be checking key blood parameters.

But I strongly encourage you to stop the oral bulbine immediately.

Effect of Bulbine natalensis Baker stem extract on the functional indices and histology of the liver and kidney of male Wistar rats.
Afolayan AJ1, Yakubu MT. (2009)

The effects of aqueous extract of Bulbine natalensis Baker stem at 25, 50, and 100 mg/kg of body weight for 14 days on the functional indices of liver and kidney as well as the histology of the rat organs were evaluated. The extract did not significantly (P < .05) alter the total protein, sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, magnesium, uric acid, and creatinine levels in the serum of rats. However, the 50 and 100 mg/kg of body weight doses reduced the liver- and kidney-body weight ratios by the end of the experimental period. While the extract increased the activities of liver gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine and aspartate aminotransferase (ALT and AST, respectively), and total bilirubin, globulin, and urea, the levels of albumin, conjugated bilirubin, inorganic phosphorus, and kidney ALP and GGT decreased. The activities of serum ALP, GGT, ALT, and AST also increased throughout the experimental period. The extract produced higher effects on the liver functional indices (39%) than the kidney parameters (21%). Histological examination revealed slight distortions in the architecture of the liver lobules as well as proximal and convoluted tubules of the kidney. The alterations produced in some of the functional indices as well as in the hepatorenal architecture may adversely affect the normal hepatic and renal functions. The parameter-specific effect of the extract suggests selective toxicity. This is an indication that the extract is not completely "safe" as an oral remedy.

another study found this result:
In 27 of 29 variables, no differences were noted between groups...

• Alkaline phosphatase (AP) increased marginally in the ProLensis™group (+2.0 IU/L, +3%) compared to a parallel decrease the Placebo group (-2.4 IU/L, -3.8%); P<0.04.
  • In contrast, creatinine (Creat) decreased slightly in the ProLensis™group (-0.08, -7.4%) compared to no change in the Placebo group (P<0.003).

#15 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:59 PM

Even if the supplier has neglected to label it with the proper warning, still be cautious!  I agree the testicular ointment is a bright idea, not because it will produce extreme gains.  It won't.  But because what little you absorb will completely bypass the liver.  To make the creme more effective, consider combining it with stuff like zinc, ginger and localized UV-radiation.  The zinc is generally healthy for the skin and everything, while the ginger actually dilates microcapillaries and facilitates diffusion of other medicines across the skin.  It's an old trick.  Ginger even enhances its own uptake!  Making it topically effective against arthritis[1]!

The p5p might be alright, but you said discontinuing it might have led to problems?  When you depend on something to keep your kidneys going.. that's when you should really be checking key blood parameters.

But I strongly encourage you to stop the oral bulbine immediately.

Effect of Bulbine natalensis Baker stem extract on the functional indices and histology of the liver and kidney of male Wistar rats.
Afolayan AJ1, Yakubu MT. (2009)

The effects of aqueous extract of Bulbine natalensis Baker stem at 25, 50, and 100 mg/kg of body weight for 14 days on the functional indices of liver and kidney as well as the histology of the rat organs were evaluated. The extract did not significantly (P < .05) alter the total protein, sodium, potassium, chloride, calcium, magnesium, uric acid, and creatinine levels in the serum of rats. However, the 50 and 100 mg/kg of body weight doses reduced the liver- and kidney-body weight ratios by the end of the experimental period. While the extract increased the activities of liver gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT), alkaline phosphatase (ALP), alanine and aspartate aminotransferase (ALT and AST, respectively), and total bilirubin, globulin, and urea, the levels of albumin, conjugated bilirubin, inorganic phosphorus, and kidney ALP and GGT decreased. The activities of serum ALP, GGT, ALT, and AST also increased throughout the experimental period. The extract produced higher effects on the liver functional indices (39%) than the kidney parameters (21%). Histological examination revealed slight distortions in the architecture of the liver lobules as well as proximal and convoluted tubules of the kidney. The alterations produced in some of the functional indices as well as in the hepatorenal architecture may adversely affect the normal hepatic and renal functions. The parameter-specific effect of the extract suggests selective toxicity. This is an indication that the extract is not completely "safe" as an oral remedy.

another study found this result:
In 27 of 29 variables, no differences were noted between groups...

• Alkaline phosphatase (AP) increased marginally in the ProLensis™group (+2.0 IU/L, +3%) compared to a parallel decrease the Placebo group (-2.4 IU/L, -3.8%); P<0.04.
  • In contrast, creatinine (Creat) decreased slightly in the ProLensis™group (-0.08, -7.4%) compared to no change in the Placebo group (P<0.003).

The purpose behind taking p5p is increased gaba synthesis (which I for genetic reasons have issues with). By accident I discovered that p5p has those effects it has.

As for my reaction, it's possible that all those things (increased urination, sweet urine, etc.) were caused by the supposed "anti-diabetic" effects of Bulbine. It could be that it causes the excretion of glucose which would help people with hyperglycemia, but I haven't read any studies on that.

It's interesting that some people have been taking larger dosages than me for years and not ever had the side effects I had, but they're also using an extract version I believe and not the whole plant like I am. Yet that I should be responding so poorly and nobody else is, is odd.

I know at least that it's not so tough on the liver or kidneys as oral anabolics are and can be. And people, with the right precautions and right supplements, can manage to take anadrol everyday or any of the other toxic ones, without apparently damaging their organs. Is it irresponsible what they are doing? Probably, but that's besides the point. 

• Ill informed x 1

#16 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:20 PM

I think the whole plant is just indigestible, at least for some. Kind of stupid of BP to sell it for so much (it's not inexpensive), and it's not even an extract.

Anyhow, had some of the most extreme libido and aggression today. Haven't been dosing with the bulbine for some days now though. Might be worth to trial again.. perhaps with probiotics or digestive enzymes...

#17 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:34 PM

manage to take anadrol everyday or any of the other toxic ones, without apparently damaging their organs. Is it irresponsible what they are doing? Probably, but that's besides the point.

13c119245ea25cbcb418f668520754e3.jpg

Did a little search and the p5p or b6 is really important with renal failure.  But with bulbine, if you're using the whole plant, I might expect even more side effects from the extract.  It's also diuretic and hard on the kidneys, I would really steer away from large doses.

#18 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:56 AM

I've added Bulbine to an alcohol solution and let it sit for a day in a closed bottle and then applied some to my wrist area as well as jewel area. On the wrist I can pretty quickly feel it - I assume it's more than just the alcohol. 

Interestingly, I do think the transdermal did produce a weak diuretic effect but I'm not sure. But it if contains a diuretic then it's no surprise.

#19 Dakman1

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

What exactly is it you're feeling from this?

#20 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 10:58 AM

What exactly is it you're feeling from this?

A day after using it (orally) it increases sensitivity of sexual organ and sexual desire (but no better than more or less of 60mg zinc). As mentioned, I have odd "pains" in various parts of the body that last for a short while, in addition to decreased heart rate (by 10 or so points).

When applied transermally (and it's really, really poorly done because I don't have access to anything but alcohol and store bought creams) I experience more or less the same as above.

A marker in myself for androgenicity is waking up with my hands in my underwear. After using melatonin for a while I had a reduced libido, but after starting Bulbine it is exactly as if I have been taking a very expensive zinc supplement.

Interestingly, the original (?) site states the following:

"The initial results suggests that total and free testosterone were both increased by the use of supplementing Afrigetics Botanicals Bulbine PE by about 35% in a period of 2 weeks and remained high for 21 days. The conclusion was that there was sufficient preliminary evidence to show that Bulbine PE by Afrigetics Botanicals could in fact raise testosterone (TT and

FT) by around 35% in about 2 weeks and remained high for nearly two months."

http://www.afrigetic...s-testosterone/

But bulkpowders states a three fiddy increase in test. levels (obviously unbelievable but still).

• dislike x 1

#21 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:05 PM

Experiment with probiotics and digestive enzymes is a success. I'm taking LactoBif Probiotics(30 Billion CFU) and Doctor's Digestive Enzymes alongside the bulbine (taking these before the bulbine). Seem to solve all of the discomfort-issues, at least in my case.

Also drinking Kidney Fortifier tea and some Kidney formula: I had these at home, so I figured why not, especially considering RatherBeUnknown's experiences.

So essentially I bought an extra $35 of supplements to make a $35 supplement investment work without issues... sigh.

I'll also try and see if I can get and then compare with the freeze-dried standardized Afrigetics extract. I'm guessing it will "work" better out-of-the-box.

Edited by Baten, 03 October 2016 - 12:06 PM.

#22 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 03:24 PM

So essentially I bought an extra $35 of supplements to make a $35 supplement investment work without issues... sigh.

I've gone through that a lot

I do think transdermal bulbine works. I wake up slightly horny, same I do if I take zinc. There's definitely an effect, but was it worth the money? At least I got to test it. 

35% increase, or 10% increase, is not a lot. I wouldn't mind that 350% increase that bulkpowders mentions.

• dislike x 1

#23 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 05:45 PM

Experiment with probiotics and digestive enzymes is a success. I'm taking LactoBif Probiotics(30 Billion CFU) and Doctor's Digestive Enzymes alongside the bulbine (taking these before the bulbine). Seem to solve all of the discomfort-issues, at least in my case.

Also drinking Kidney Fortifier tea and some Kidney formula: I had these at home, so I figured why not, especially considering RatherBeUnknown's experiences.

I'll also try and see if I can get and then compare with the freeze-dried standardized Afrigetics extract. I'm guessing it will "work" better out-of-the-box.

Never mind, I had brown-ish urine and intestinal discomfort today. Not touching non-extract whole-herb bulbine natalensis with a ten-foot pole. This shit seems positively dangerous, considering mine and RatherBeUnknown's experiences I'd let it be a warning for future consumers.

I'm willing to give the herb one last shot with the extract version (dosage is 350mg per cap which seems significantly lower too, compared to the 750mg tablets of which the directions even say to take 3 of these tablets, are they insane?). I'll post back once those arrive (shipped from Africa, will undoubtedly take some time).

Edited by Baten, 04 October 2016 - 05:49 PM.

#24 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:10 AM

Never mind, I had brown-ish urine and intestinal discomfort today.

Did you notice any of the things I did like coldness in certain places of the body, sensitivity to sweet foods, sweet smelling and foamy urine?

#25 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:41 AM

Did you notice any of the things I did like coldness in certain places of the body, sensitivity to sweet foods, sweet smelling and foamy urine?

None of that honestly. But I always drink the same amount of water more or less, so having darker urine is pretty out of the ordinary. It did have a smell. Add to that the intestinal pain and I know I'm never giving these tablets a go again...

#26 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:51 AM

None of that honestly. But I always drink the same amount of water more or less, so having darker urine is pretty out of the ordinary. It did have a smell. Add to that the intestinal pain and I know I'm never giving these tablets a go again...

Maybe you could do like me and add 3 crushed tablets to a small (the smaller the better) glass jar with ethanol in it. Then use it on the inner wrist area or testicle area. inner thigh or stomach area, whichever you prefer - but testicle and wrist area should be best.

This way I do notice the pro-depression effect as well as the calming effect and, if I apply a lot, it can give an odd feeling of "masculinity," but it's a very bizarre, fake feeling, nothing like the effect that androgens normally give.

When I apply it to my testicle area it feels like having used a dht cream in that I can achieve a mild "erection" feeling. 

At first I thought that this is probably the alcohol itself and not the Bulbine so I took some vodka and rubbed it on my testicles but it did nothing other than sting.. Hmm.

Right now I have a mild diarrhea that I've had for about 4 days. It's probably irrelevant to the Bulbine and might have to do with the meat I've been eating. But my stools are yellowish-greenish and very fatty...

Oh, I also forgot to add that immediately upon transdermal application I feel a need to urinate. But unlike with oral administration this is only once or twice or so, as opposed to throughout the day. I am not sure if this could be because of the alcohol or if it could be only when administrated to the groin area.

Edited by RatherBeUnknown, 05 October 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#27 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:42 PM

I applied a larger than usual (but still very small compared to oral dosages) Bulbine solution to my body as usual. An hour later I ate the meatballs I had cooked. 20 minutes after eating I began to experience strong heat feelings in my whole body accompanied by dizziness and weakness. My head was hot like crazy. I took a cold shower and the coldness felt unusually cold - suggesting that it was indeed hyperthermia. I also went out after the bath to cool down in the cool weather. Hours later and I am still burning and feeling odd. 

My forehead and are around ears are still burning hot, very hot but I don't have any way to measure the temperature. 

This is the oddest herb I have ever dealt with.

(obviously this could be caused by many things but I have reasons to suspect it's bulbine)

Edited by RatherBeUnknown, 05 October 2016 - 02:58 PM.

#28 William Sterog

• 505 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:37 PM

I applied a larger than usual (but still very small compared to oral dosages) Bulbine solution to my body as usual. An hour later I ate the meatballs I had cooked. 20 minutes after eating I began to experience strong heat feelings in my whole body accompanied by dizziness and weakness. My head was hot like crazy. I took a cold shower and the coldness felt unusually cold - suggesting that it was indeed hyperthermia. I also went out after the bath to cool down in the cool weather. Hours later and I am still burning and feeling odd. 

My forehead and are around ears are still burning hot, very hot but I don't have any way to measure the temperature. 

This is the oddest herb I have ever dealt with.

(obviously this could be caused by many things but I have reasons to suspect it's bulbine)

Man, throw this fucking shit to the trash, it is not worth it.

Edited by William Sterog, 05 October 2016 - 03:39 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#29 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 11:31 AM

Afrigetics-Products-Featured-Image3-Bulb

Received 60-count bottle of 5:1 stem extract of bulbine natalensis I ordered. (link)

Have to say, this is the real thing. No side-effect whatsoever. Getting pimples within the first days of taking 2 caps a day.

Perfectly normal digestion, no stomach, intestinal, kidney or any other "weird" discomfort from taking these.

Hard to say if the stem extract is so much better, or if the bulkpowders tablets are just crazy bad. Either way, for anyone half-interested in this herb, this is the source to go for.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 PeaceAndProsperity

• Topic Starter
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:48 PM

Afrigetics-Products-Featured-Image3-Bulb

Received 60-count bottle of 5:1 stem extract of bulbine natalensis I ordered. (link)

Have to say, this is the real thing. No side-effect whatsoever. Getting pimples within the first days of taking 2 caps a day.

Perfectly normal digestion, no stomach, intestinal, kidney or any other "weird" discomfort from taking these.

Hard to say if the stem extract is so much better, or if the bulkpowders tablets are just crazy bad. Either way, for anyone half-interested in this herb, this is the source to go for.

Zinc gives me pimples, too. What specifically are you feeling? Would be great if you could describe in detail if there's anything to describe, and would also be great if you could give updates after a while as to whether it's still working. I don't think I'll bother making another order just to try it. 

Note that it's possible that the "masculine" feeling from bulbine is actually caused by its "anticonvulsive" properties and not hormonal effects, since gaba receptors are in part what causes test, dht., etc. to give the masculine feeling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users