- - - - -

Strengthening Tooth Nerves (or Roots)

dentistry supplementation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Centurion

• 1,000 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:49 PM

I know many of you would think I'm mad for doing this, but I'm probably going to elect to have my amalgam fillings removed and replaced with composite.

Safety protocols such as dental dam and separate air supply will be followed to minimise exposure.

Only problem is at least one of the current amalgam fillings is very deep, I remember when it was being placed the original dentist said the tooth might not handle it and might need a root canal at the time. (approx 3 years ago)

Since I'm not too keen on root canals - is there anything I can do between now and the procedure (and perhaps after) to give the nerves/roots in the teeth the maximum chance of having the strength to weather the procedure and settle back down again afterward?

Thanks!

Edited by Centurion, 25 September 2016 - 03:50 PM.

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:58 PM

Don't know of anything that can strengthen existing teeth, but healthy gums are a good start.  My gums bleed when I don't take Vitamin-C every day.  Flossing is also essential.

You might consider leaving that one sleeping dog laying as is.  It's tempting to want to go 100% merc-free, but as you say root canals/crowns are no fun.  90% may be a good compromise. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 thedevinroy

• 1,188 posts
  • NO

Posted 26 September 2016 - 07:43 PM

I had a crazy toothache. Took 700mg of a 7% withanolides Ashwagandha extract and was able to numb my pain with just twice a day dose lasting into the next. It has a novel GDNF agonist for a metabolite. That's 49mg of withanolides per serving 2x daily. That's two Sensoril pills about, 2x daily.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dentistry, supplementation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users