• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Dietary rapamycin supplementation reverses age-related vascular dysfunction and oxidative stress, while modulating nutri

dietary rapamycin supplementation

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 alc

• Validating/Suspended
  • 208 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 September 2016 - 11:22 AM

"

These results demonstrate beneficial effects of rapamycin treatment on arterial function in old mice and suggest these improvements are associated with reduced oxidative stress,

AMPK activation and increased expression of proteins involved in the control of the cell cycle.

"

http://onlinelibrary...acel.12524/full

#2 LOOKINGFORTIME

• 70 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 10:40 AM

This link takes you to where to buy without prescription. Has anyone else found lower prices.

http://mynetmeds.com...m/Rapamycin.htm

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Jaris

• 95 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:26 AM

Yes, I've found it a LOT cheaper on alibaba. I have not actually ordered any yet because I have a few questions first:

1. Can I trust a source in China to give me the actual product?

2. Can I simply take what they give me orally? (I would probably use my capsule-making device to put it into capsules.)

3. What's a safe dose? My online research suggests that taking a small dose intermittently may give good results while avoiding the potentially serious side effects? For example: take either 0.5 mg or 1 mg daily for a week, then 2-3 months off.

Here's a link to the alibaba rapamycin suppliers; https://www.alibaba..../rapamycin.html

Here's a link to one of the suppliers:https://www.alibaba....0535377909.html

As you can see, there are many suppliers.. This supplier's price for 1 gram is just $200, which is pretty average. Fast shipping might cost another $50 or so.

Anyone have any answers or insights to my questions above?

Edited by Jaris, 01 November 2016 - 04:28 AM.

• Informative x 1

#4 RobbieG

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2016 - 11:08 PM

Does anyone know if there has ever been a previous group buy?  I searched the site but failed to find one.  If there is an earlier discussion on a group buy, we should mine that resource first to prevent making the same mistakes twice.  In any event, I am interested in acquiring some rapamycin.  Thanks, - Rob 

• Agree x 1

#5 Jaris

• 95 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2016 - 07:21 PM

Does anyone know if there has ever been a previous group buy?  I searched the site but failed to find one.  If there is an earlier discussion on a group buy, we should mine that resource first to prevent making the same mistakes twice.  In any event, I am interested in acquiring some rapamycin.  Thanks, - Rob 

Good idea. For instance, I was wondering if anyone has experience with testing labs? if it's not too expensive, it would be good to have any product I get from China tested.

Update: I've done some more due diligence and I'm about ready to buy a gram of (what I hope will be) Rapamycin. In a week or so I should receive it. They'll be using EMS - express mail service - which is a fast and a bit expensive way to get small shipments from China. Or so I'm told

Edited by Jaris, 07 November 2016 - 07:26 PM.

#6 RobbieG

• 40 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

I don't have any experience with testing labs.  But this is one I came across.  http://www.avomeen.com/

Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Diocletian

• 46 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 10:29 PM

Has anyone here tried to combine rapamycin and metformin, it was said in another thread that metformin can't slow down aging on its own but rapamycin can.

But it was also said that adding metformin to rapamycin slows aging even more than rapamycin alone.

Edited by Diocletian, 07 November 2016 - 10:31 PM.

#8 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:20 AM

Regarding sources: A Chinese businessman I deal with tells me most of the Alibaba listings are fakes.  He knows of some that aren't, but they are not produced in GMP facilities. One such source could supply a kilo for about $70,000.  It would have to be mislabeled to get through customs.  I am sure smaller quantities are feasible, but measuring consistent milligram doses from a powder, while do-able, would require proper equipment.  Son't try it in the average kitchen,  and what happens if one sneezes in the middle of the operation?  ;)

Indian internet pharmacies sell a Wyeth branded version that is made for the Indian market, about $6.50 per 1 mg tablet, $195.28 for 30x1mg pills.  Shipping may add a few dollars.  Drugs are so cheap in India that counterfeiting them is not economically attractive.  But you might be buying expired medication with the expiration date marked out. Many pharmaceuticals are still good long after the expiration date if stored properly, one might want to risk this versus other options.

• Informative x 2

#9 Jaris

• 95 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:25 AM

Regarding sources: A Chinese businessman I deal with tells me most of the Alibaba listings are fakes.  He knows of some that aren't, but they are not produced in GMP facilities. One such source could supply a kilo for about $70,000.  It would have to be mislabeled to get through customs.  I am sure smaller quantities are feasible, but measuring consistent milligram doses from a powder, while do-able, would require proper equipment.  Son't try it in the average kitchen,  and what happens if one sneezes in the middle of the operation?  ;)

Indian internet pharmacies sell a Wyeth branded version that is made for the Indian market, about $6.50 per 1 mg tablet, $195.28 for 30x1mg pills.  Shipping may add a few dollars.  Drugs are so cheap in India that counterfeiting them is not economically attractive.  But you might be buying expired medication with the expiration date marked out. Many pharmaceuticals are still good long after the expiration date if stored properly, one might want to risk this versus other options.

Yes, I admit that the idea of sending money to a company in China, hoping that they will send actual Rapamycin to me seems foolish. Then ingesting whatever they might send me is a bit scary and possibly suicidal. 

But I do have one question: why do you say that it would have to be mislabeled to get past customs? My understanding is that Rapamycin is not illegal to import, and that it can't be patented because it's found in nature (the soil of Australia). That's why drug companies alter molecules slightly, so they can be patented. Am I wrong on this?

#10 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:54 PM

Yes, I admit that the idea of sending money to a company in China, hoping that they will send actual Rapamycin to me seems foolish. Then ingesting whatever they might send me is a bit scary and possibly suicidal. 

But I do have one question: why do you say that it would have to be mislabeled to get past customs? My understanding is that Rapamycin is not illegal to import, and that it can't be patented because it's found in nature (the soil of Australia). That's why drug companies alter molecules slightly, so they can be patented. Am I wrong on this?

I believe that as rapamycin is a prescription medicine, it would possibly be held by customs and possibly refused entry if the recipient were an individual rather than an institution or medical facility.

Drugs from India, though the cost per dose is higher, are likely to get through, and most shippers will resend a seized shipment.  But trying to measure out milligram or half milligram doses of powder is not really an option for most of us.  (a few hundred milligram doses,maybe.)    

#11 SoCalSurfer

• 0 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2016 - 05:32 AM

Jarvis, any update on your rapamycin China purchase?

#12 Jaris

• 95 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:51 PM

Jarvis, any update on your rapamycin China purchase?

Yes. I decided to take a few more days to do even more due diligence, and I am now convinced that at least one of the suppliers is the real deal with actual product and customers. Their web site is extensive and all the information on it seems to check out. Their contact with me has been professional and not at all pushy. I've checked some of their customers out to the degree I can. So, I decided to go ahead and make the purchase. Transferring funds to a Chinese business isn't simple or cheap, but they should send my product in a few days and I should have it within 10 days. If I get it, I'm still not sure how to proceed. I'm still looking into having a lab test it.

To address a previous comment: I believe that Rapamycin itself is not what is prescribed in the US; Sirolimus (brand name Rapamune) is a slightly modified molecule that is essentially the same but is not natural, which allowed Pfizer to patent it. Rapamycin was first discovered in soil samples from Easter Island (thus the "Rapa") and was found to be produced by bacteria. Now, customs might have it on a list anyway and they might not let Rapamycin through, but the supplier doesn't seem to think it'll be a problem. I guess I'll find out.

Edited by Jaris, 12 November 2016 - 07:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users