• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

what is the best form of zinc in your experience?

nutrition

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:05 AM

what kinds have you taken and how did you feel about them?

#2 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 06 October 2016 - 01:51 AM

Zinc-Carnosine (PepZinGI) seems like it has some interesting benefits. I get 16mg of Zinc from that form. I can't say I notice anything. Other forms and higher doses made me nauseated and gave me muscle twitches. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 BioFreak

• 541 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:36 PM

I've been taking 50mg zinc as zinc citrate (vitabay, also containing 0,5mg copper)daily for at least 6 months. Then I had a blood test. Turns out I am deficient in zinc, as well as copper. So either zinc citrate absorption is bad or the supplement company is a fraud. I've since switched to zinc monomethionine, which should be better bioavailable. 

#4 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

I would argue that any chelated form of zinc is the best. Zinc orotate, citrate, gluconate, etc...

#5 ironfistx

• Topic Starter
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:56 PM

I would argue that any chelated form of zinc is the best. Zinc orotate, citrate, gluconate, etc...

Isn't each form of zinc like that?

#6 OneScrewLoose

• 2,378 posts
  • NO

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:11 PM

There's zinc oxide and another crappy common form of zinc I can't think of off the top of my head. These aren't chelated.

#7 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2016 - 02:22 AM

I've been taking 50mg zinc as zinc citrate (vitabay, also containing 0,5mg copper)daily for at least 6 months. Then I had a blood test. Turns out I am deficient in zinc, as well as copper. So either zinc citrate absorption is bad or the supplement company is a fraud. I've since switched to zinc monomethionine, which should be better bioavailable. 

so when are you going to do a blood test after using zinc monomethionine to report if it works or not?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 ShivaShakti

• 27 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 05:48 PM

As for my experience Zinc Picolinate.

At first taking it, 30mg a day, i noticed irritability. I thought to take it intermittently nowadays, and  in contrast, seems it has subtle positive effect on mood

Zinc also regulate my appetite, it stimulate my appetite for the better. So I searched interwebs, and reading that loss of appetite is one of the symptoms of zinc deficiency. 
http://www.livestron...petite-control/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/21846317

Glad it is working for me. I chosen the picolinate form based on this (already been posted here)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/3630857

I noticed taking it together with magnesium (citrate) induced LMB, in empty stomach. However not tried with meals.I don't have issues with magensium citrate alone and is perfect helping my digestion. I have not experience any constipation ever since taking it, that I was having an issue before.

Edited by ShivaShakti, 17 November 2016 - 05:55 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nutrition

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users