- - - - -

Whats up with my brain at the moment?

lyrica pregabalin memory recall words uridine permanent damage change

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 alexhughes73

• 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:03 PM

So my current concerns for my mental health mainly started about 5 months ago. After having spent a fair bit of the last year doing quite a bit of drinking and weed smoking (nothing overly- excessive) and some cautious drug experimentation (mostly with benzos and opiates although I never got into any kind of habit), I read about the recreational value of the drug Lyrica on the internet. For some reason I didn't research it nearly as much as I should have, and I pretty much only read about positive recreational experiences on reddit, so I thought I'd get some for a long-haul plane flight I had coming up. 

Over the course of about 3 days I ended up taking what I think was upwards of 2000 mg of pregabalin along with truly excessive amounts of alcohol. For some reason I just kept taking more. I don't think I would have exceeded 900 mgs at once but I really can't remember. I judged how much I'd taken by what was missing at the end. Obviously I recall very little from these three days, just a few glimpses here and there but I do know that nothing bad happened. I ended up throwing the rest of the pills away, however I continued to drink quite a bit during the next week, which I noticed would make me black out a lot easier and I'd often completely forget about an hour before going to sleep. Obviously my memory and cognitive functions during this time were completely shot, and I still noticed some of the most obvious cognitive and memory issues after about 10 days.

Over the next few months I basically ignored any of these issues, and my memory and cognition seemed to improve quite quickly, but I was still noticing some occasional lapses and there definitely a sense of unreliability and fuzziness about it. The thought of any permanent damage basically popped into my head at one point and I spent hours upon hours researching it on the internet, and after reading some horrible anecdotal reports about about people experiencing permanent damage after just short periods of taking it I was struck with a horrible sense of guilt, anxiety and regret that lasted for about a month before it finally subsided, but the thought is pretty much always in the back of my mind and I still get waves of anxiety. 

The main issues I'm noticing at the moment is with memory recall- especially with names, but occasionally with words. I believe this is best described as 'tip of the tongue syndrome'. This literally happens multiple times each day.

I stumbled upon this thread the other day where someone explained the exact same issues with memory that I'm having, except for him they were as a result of memantine usage:

http://www.longecity...nitionmemory/  

Like him, I seem to struggle to recall what happened the previous day, and the memories seem slightly more distant and inaccessible and I would have trouble remembering whether something happened yesterday or the day before. It's almost as though the memories that are there less organized. I also feel like long periods of time go by a lot faster. From what I can tell this sounds like an issue concerning NMDA or glutamate, or both. All of which Lyrica and memantine have an effect on. I remember making a note of this effect a few weeks after I took the drug, and it doesn't seem to have changed very much since then.

I also seem to have a lower threshold of the the amount of alcohol I can drink before I start 'browning out'. 

I basically just want to know if it's at least possible that I could have done any, however insignificant, permanent damage or change. My long term memory used to be insanely good, and while I realise that my previous history of marijuana usage can't have helped, issues from that are generally regarded as being reversible, and I was comfortable with my mental state immediately prior to this incident. I've asked around a bit on reddit but people don't really seem to know what they're talking about. I realise I sound like a massive hypochondriac, and I wouldn't usually think that a drug could have any long term effects after 3 days but I really have noticed these effects. 

I'm currently taking 250 mg of UMP orally, a fairly high dosage of a good b-complex with folate and about 1200 mg of DHA, and have been for about three weeks now. I haven't really noticed any profound improvements but I'm not really expecting to yet, but my sleep quality seems to be suffering so I'm not sure if I should keep taking it. I've also ordered some ALCAR and chelated magnesium and I'm considering taking something like Bacopa. I'm generally looking for things that have a residual positive effect when taken in the long term so if anyone's got any other ideas please do comment.

#2 alexhughes73

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 03:15 PM

I should probably add that I'm only 19 years old, I don't know if that changes anything..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:36 PM

I have no answers for you, but did you read this?
http://www.longecity...in/#entry793304

Btw, I had that poor memory recollection all my life, welcome to the club.

Is it just me who thinks millennials experiment too much with dangerous drugs?

#4 Priscilla

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2016 - 05:41 PM

Things you might want to look into:

Nalt
Alcar
Alpha GPC
Lions Mane Mushroom
CoQ10
Melatonin
Uridine

~Zinc,magnesium,vitamin D,Vit B Complex
(Suggestion)

https://www.amazon.c...e extension mix
-

Epa/DHA(suggestion)

https://www.amazon.c...MB982JRJHAQP2TX

10 cups of tea daily (green + hibiscus flower)
2 whole lemons divided into 10 cups.
Honey that comes in a glass jar for sweetner.

https://www.amazon.c...ds=hibiscus tea

Going low on sugar,salt, and any animal protein(dairy, eggs,fish included) for 3 months~.

Edited by Priscilla, 28 October 2016 - 06:09 PM.

• Disagree x 1

#5 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 07:15 PM

It has to do with personality type. Effeminate men just wanna have fun and if taking drugs or ruining the lives of others is what it takes, because everything is about "feeling good," then that's not a problem. These people prove that most modern men and women really are equal because there're so few differences between them.

• Unfriendly x 2
  • Needs references x 1

#6 Priscilla

• 14 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 October 2016 - 08:48 PM

It has to do with personality type. Effeminate men just wanna have fun and if taking drugs or ruining the lives of others is what it takes, because everything is about "feeling good," then that's not a problem. These people prove that most modern men and women really are equal because there're so few differences between them.
Most modern men and women?

I recommend you read some of the works of Seneca,Marcus Aurelius, Plato,Aristotle, David Hume.....and get a better sense how little seperates modern men and women, from the people of the past.

Vulgar and uneducated have always been and still are to this day, nearly the total sum of the whole human population. People will always folow their instinctual impulses;(pursuit of pleasure, avoidance pain, self love, rule of self preservation). These instincts come preprogrammed in the human animal in order to help him survive in the wild. Through out the ages only the most learned took time to examine fundamental principles behind human nature.
Upon reflection and meditation they were able to see past their desires and impulses that governed their actions. Only then the transition from blind impulse(or instinct) to reason and it's accessory adaptations was possible.
Through out the ages, the world has changed, but human nature has not.

I don't even understand, what are you trying to imply by using the tern "effeminate men"? Is comparing a man to a woman somehow suppose belittle him, by implying that a woman is somehow inferior to a man by the nature of her being? Both men and women are capable of reason equally, the neccessary conditions that lead to the promotion of reason were encouraged in men, and discouraged in women by the society from the historical point of view.
Society molds men one way, and women another way, and majority of the population will fit into these molds due to habituatial process of refinement that happens in our childhood. Humans are social animals by their nature, and will try to follow the rules of the herd, this is precisely the reason why the vast majority will follow, with out questioning the behavioral standards that are expected of them.

I am not at all surprised to see a man choose the wrong thing, when the good thing is staring him in the face.

I think, it holds true that we are born as mere animals (in regards to the fact that our actions are governed by passion and impulse),but we are born with the potential of becoming a human(an animal that uses reason, to govern his actions).

Edited by Priscilla, 28 October 2016 - 09:22 PM.

• Well Written x 1
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Agree x 1

#7 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:02 AM

this sounds a bit harsh, sorry. i actually typed a big clarification in an edit, but it timed out and i lost it all.

i'm not going to retype it all, but who knows if my memory is poor due to some drinking at young age. i don't remember how was my memory before drinking (LOL). i actually mixed alcohol with benzo once and sleep over 24 hrs (learned my lesson).

coming to the topic, i'm hearing that alcohol and benzo withdrawal can produce a lot of excitoxicity. i dunno if it's too late for anti-glutamate intervention.

#8 alexhughes73

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:18 PM

this sounds a bit harsh, sorry. i actually typed a big clarification in an edit, but it timed out and i lost it all.

i'm not going to retype it all, but who knows if my memory is poor due to some drinking at young age. i don't remember how was my memory before drinking (LOL). i actually mixed alcohol with benzo once and sleep over 24 hrs (learned my lesson).

coming to the topic, i'm hearing that alcohol and benzo withdrawal can produce a lot of excitoxicity. i dunno if it's too late for anti-glutamate intervention.

I wasn't really on it for long enough to produce any noticeable withdrawals though

#9 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

I don't even understand, what are you trying to imply by using the tern "effeminate men"? Is comparing a man to a woman somehow suppose belittle him, by implying that a woman is somehow inferior to a man by the nature of her being?

I'm sure he meant no disrespect, LOL.

Maybe he was venting about the issue of drinking water contamination by female hormones. You know all those ladies taking oral contraceptives and peeing the hormones that go intact through savage treatments. True story.

Edited by jack black, 03 November 2016 - 01:55 PM.

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#10 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:53 AM

I don't even understand, what are you trying to imply by using the tern "effeminate men"? Is comparing a man to a woman somehow suppose belittle him, by implying that a woman is somehow inferior to a man by the nature of her being?

I'm sure he meant no disrespect, LOL.

Maybe he was venting about the issue of drinking water contamination by female hormones. You know all those ladies taking oral contraceptives and peeing the hormones that go intact through savage treatments. True story.

Wow never had thought of that..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lyrica, pregabalin, memory, recall, words, uridine, permanent, damage, change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users