• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Post LSD/SNRI use - Brain/Vision damage?

lsd snri cymbalta brain fog vision

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 xsra

• 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 October 2016 - 05:58 PM

Hi there everyone, 

So I wanted to share my experience with a particular combination of drugs, namely LSD (2 tabs) while being on Cymbalta (90 mg), that I took in 2010 that have left me feeling damaged and utterly broken in a lot of ways. My hope is for some insight and perhaps suggestion from anyone who feels they may understand my situation and sense some potential good solutions. I'd appreciate any and all input. 

My story: 

Some 6 years ago, I was on Cymbalta, having been prescribed it for general depression. I previously had also taken Lexapro, but my doc felt that trying Cymbalta would be worthwhile to see if I could get more benefits to help the depression. Somewhere down the line while on Cymbalta, I decided to trip on LSD with a few friends one night. I had read that SSRI/SNRI and LSD adverse interactions were few and that the primary concern was that the antidepressant might 'dampen' the LSD trip, so I wasn't too concerned about doing the LSD while on Cymbalta. But I was still cautious and knew that psychedelic drugs are not something to play with. I took 2 tabs that night and started off on a good high, and then somewhere that night, it took a turn for the worse. I don't quite recall all the details of the moment, but I do remember experiencing stretches during the night of a sense of my cognition not working well, like I could not comprehend and think clearly at all. I was in panic mode for a good part of the night and felt that something had gone wrong in my body/mind/brain and was just hoping and praying it was not permanent. It felt absolutely awful and frightening, because it truly seemed like a mechanical damage of some sorts on my cognition. I ended up snapping out of it and motivated myself to know I'm just tripping and that everything is ok and thus I had a good last half of my trip. And ultimately, after the experience, I actually felt a sense of personal enlightenment, especially with my ego, due in part to the second half of the trip. I felt my ego lowered and my self-esteem seemed to have grown a degree and I generally felt more free in my self and more self-actualized. The next week, having felt so clear and resolved inside, I decided to taper off the Cymbalta. I felt I had conquered this depression that had lingered prior and the experience on LSD and the after effects gave me the confidence that I was resolved and good to get off the meds. I was also at the time smoking Marijuana on occassion.

Fast forward a couple of months after the trip and I started noticing an odd symptom in my day to day experiences: I had difficulty concentrating, in particular as it relates to a visual task, on just about anything. It started created huge problems for me with my school work, work, and especially was markedly problematic in my social performance. Keeping eye contact was now so difficult to do and more straining then it had ever been before. I started struggling with any and all sorts of visual concentration acts. It did not matter what the task or activity was. If I had to concentrate visually, it presented itself to be a huge obstacle. 

My current status:

Up until now, 6 years into this issue, I've tried a myriad of treatments and modalities to understand and treat these symptoms, namely through stress reduction, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, SSRI/SNRI use, lifestyle changes, exercise, vision therapy, detox, alternative therapy methods, you name it. Seen various doctors, resulting in no real tangible diagnosis given, as all tests performed came back with good results other than one test that showed my CoQ10 levels were very low (thus, I am now supplementing CoQ10). But nothing I've tried thus far has helped alleviate these unbearable and excruciating symptoms and they seem to have only progressed and gotten worse. What's worst of all is that the symptoms are chronic, and not intermittent. From the moment I wake up to when I go to sleep, they are there. And the symptoms don't seem to improve with very much anything. The symptoms also evolved for me in the past 6 years, having gotten stronger in degree and more numerous, despite me having worked on them ardently from an anxiety/depression perspective, as well as making healthy lifestyle changes with diet, exercising, stress reduction, etc.

The primary symptoms I have today are: 
- Visual Concentration Dysfunction
- Default 'Far-away-gaze' or 'eyes zooming in' all the time
- Unintentional spacing out and starring all the time
- Double Vision when looking at near distances
- Feeling out of body and 'in my eyes'
- 'Brain fog' feeling throughout the day
- Abdominal bloating & discomfort
- Cognitive dysfunction
- Lack of emotional experiences or emotions in general

One trip 6 years ago turned my life completely up side down and progressed in me these excruciating physical and cognitive symptoms that are truly unbearable. I don't know quite what to do at this point and don't quite understand what has happened to me. It has truly made day to day life like hell for me. My suspicion is that something with either the LSD + Cymbalta combination and/or withdrawal symptoms from quitting Cymbalta led me down this road. Perhaps a dysfunction with the serotonin receptors that are associated with LSD & Cymbalta both? Would trying a serotonin antagonist be of use maybe? Does this spark any intuition or insight for anyone as to what may have happened to me and what may be going on in my body? Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I might be able to do to get back to my old self or am I lost cause? I hope it is not the later, and that is why I am writing here, in search of some hope and insight into my problems. 

I hope anyone in a similar situation that may be able to relate and get benefit from my story and this thread as well. Thanks guys.

• dislike x 1

#2 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:27 PM

My eyes hurt reading the text.

• like x 2
  • Enjoying the show x 1
  • Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2016 - 02:34 AM

My eyes hurt reading the text.

Is it the writing that is hurting your eyes or the highlight on the text? 

#4 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:04 AM

Interesting story. I wish I had answers. I know someone who did LSD while on bupropion, and turned out ok. What's different about cymbalta?

Edited by jack black, 30 October 2016 - 03:04 AM.

#5 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2016 - 03:38 AM

Interesting story. I wish I had answers. I know someone who did LSD while on bupropion, and turned out ok. What's different about cymbalta?

Cymbalta is an SNRI, so it affects the serotonin and norepinephrine receptors in the brain. Bupropion on the other hand looks to be an NDRI, affecting the dopamine and norepinephrine receptors. I know LSD affects various serotonin receptors, so my first suspicion was perhaps that this was 'Serotonin Syndrome' from overload on the serotonin receptors from the Cymbalta and LSD combination. I brought this suspicion up to a Psychiatrist I saw recently, but she was not aware of any synergistic effect with the two drugs and prescribed me Lexapro for depression instead, with little to no insight as to what is going on in my body/brain and why I have these debilitating symptoms.  

• Ill informed x 1

#6 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:58 PM

My understanding is LSD is antagonist of 5ht2ar, that was already down regulated due to chronic ssri use. Almost like overdose of LSD. Have you Googled along this angle?

This is another idea, probably a long shot: http://www.longecity...in/#entry793377

Edited by jack black, 30 October 2016 - 01:06 PM.

• Informative x 1

#7 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:53 PM

Its likely because you went off Cymbalta. You probably have a chemical imbalance that requires you to stay on the meds. I also tried using LSD to resolve depression but it seems i need to stay on the antidepressants, otherwise i get the same symptoms you do.

#8 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:21 AM

My understanding is LSD is antagonist of 5ht2ar, that was already down regulated due to chronic ssri use. Almost like overdose of LSD. Have you Googled along this angle?

This is another idea, probably a long shot: http://www.longecity...in/#entry793377

From what I recently read about LSD, it is an agonist of 5HT2a and Cymbalta is serves to reuptake serotonin absorption at the same 5HT2a receptor. That is a suspicion of mine also. Chronic SSRI use and concurrent use while taking LSD would logically down-regulate whatever the receptor it impacts, while the LSD would increase serotonin availability in that receptor, thus kicking the effect into overdrive. So I possibly got hit with a bigger dose than my friends that night, who were not using SSRIs. I am currently looking into 5HT2A antagonists as a possible treatment protocol incase the primary cause lies is an over active 5HT2a receptor in my brain from the Cymbalta + LSD combo. I found a few studies 5HT2A antagonists are effective in conjunction with SSRIs for depression, OCD, and other neuropsychiatric disorders (e.g. https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/15886717 & http://www.nature.co...l/1300057a.html). 

Will read the thread you posted soon, sounds potentially relevant. 

• Ill informed x 1

#9 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:29 AM

Its likely because you went off Cymbalta. You probably have a chemical imbalance that requires you to stay on the meds. I also tried using LSD to resolve depression but it seems i need to stay on the antidepressants, otherwise i get the same symptoms you do.

I thought that and I tried going back on Cymbalta a couple of years ago. But it didn't seem to have an effect for me at the 5 weeks mark. I am considering going back on an SSRI, either Cymbalta or another one, to try again and see if maybe staying on them for longer than 5 weeks would prove helpful and perhaps it can help with my mood too. Though these particular concentration/vision symptoms cause the biggest problems, they do make me feel depressed and lacking motivation to do things. So maybe it can help with that, at the very least. 

If you don't mind, please tell me a bit about your experience with LSD. How was your depression pre- and post-LSD? Did it help at all? And what kind of symptoms do you get when your off the meds that are the same as mine? 

#10 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:23 AM

What I can say (from a not too recent experience with risperidone and LSD that came after streaking around campus) is that potent pharms, when combined, often have extra effects, synergy.. constructive interference beyond what you would predict from the combination.  My intelligence hasn't been the same since riperidone, duller, distractable, indecisive.  A blunted personality, social anhedonia; self-dissociation.  Obviously I was boring and retarded to begin with, but after that pharmaceutical soup witchcraft it just became more of an issue to deal with (exercise, diet, meditation, supps).  Dopamine modulators and serotonin antagonists proved especially helpful.

Edited by gamesguru, 02 November 2016 - 02:24 AM.

• Agree x 1

#11 jaiho

• 521 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

I thought that and I tried going back on Cymbalta a couple of years ago. But it didn't seem to have an effect for me at the 5 weeks mark. I am considering going back on an SSRI, either Cymbalta or another one, to try again and see if maybe staying on them for longer than 5 weeks would prove helpful and perhaps it can help with my mood too. Though these particular concentration/vision symptoms cause the biggest problems, they do make me feel depressed and lacking motivation to do things. So maybe it can help with that, at the very least. 

If you don't mind, please tell me a bit about your experience with LSD. How was your depression pre- and post-LSD? Did it help at all? And what kind of symptoms do you get when your off the meds that are the same as mine? 

During the time i used LSD to treat it, i was using NSI-189 & Moclobemide on occasion. That combination worked for some time, but i wouldnt have considered myself in remission.

The strongest combination i found for my depression/anhedonia was an SSRI+TCA.

You could try a higher dose of Cymbalta, and augment it with Mirtazapine perhaps. That's a popular combo.

#12 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:29 AM

I have LSD experiences while on SNRI/SSRI with similar symptoms;

the problem is the fast down-regulation of 5HT1A and 5HT2A, those who use SSRI/SNRI already have down-regulated serotonin receptors; and high dose of LSD can make it worst!

Visual Problems or Abnormalities, Weakness of Memory or Learning, Depression and Concentrating Difficulties are the main symptoms.

Actually, I had my last LSD tripping 3 nights ago, I am currently not using any SSRI/SNRI, so in my case, these symptoms usually stay only for few days (~4-7 days); but last night I took ~5 mg of Hydroxyzine to get some deep REMful sleep and recovery from above symptoms.

because Hydroxyzine has antiserotonergic effects by antagonizing (blocking) 5HT2A (the main excitatory serotonin receptor); So the net result, after some days of taking Hydroxyzine, would be the up-regulation of Serotonin Receptors and gradual recovery from post-LSD problems.

try Hydroxyzine; or Cyproheptadine as the real deal.

good luck

• Informative x 1
  • Agree x 1

#13 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:03 AM

What I can say (from a not too recent experience with risperidone and LSD that came after streaking around campus) is that potent pharms, when combined, often have extra effects, synergy.. constructive interference beyond what you would predict from the combination.  My intelligence hasn't been the same since riperidone, duller, distractable, indecisive.  A blunted personality, social anhedonia; self-dissociation.  Obviously I was boring and retarded to begin with, but after that pharmaceutical soup witchcraft it just became more of an issue to deal with (exercise, diet, meditation, supps).  Dopamine modulators and serotonin antagonists proved especially helpful.

Clarify a bit for me here. So you feel you haven't been the same since taken risperidone, but you also say that dopamine modulators and serotonin antagonists have been helpful. Risperidone is a dopamine modulator and serotonin antagonist, that's my understanding. 

#14 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:10 AM

the problem is the fast down-regulation of 5HT1A and 5HT2A, those who use SSRI/SNRI already have down-regulated serotonin receptors; and high dose of LSD can make it worst!

Visual Problems or Abnormalities, Weakness of Memory or Learning, Depression and Concentrating Difficulties are the main symptoms.

Actually, I had my last LSD tripping 3 nights ago, I am currently not using any SSRI/SNRI, so in my case, these symptoms usually stay only for few days (~4-7 days); but last night I took ~5 mg of Hydroxyzine to get some deep REMful sleep and recovery from above symptoms.

because Hydroxyzine has antiserotonergic effects by antagonizing (blocking) 5HT2A (the main excitatory serotonin receptor); So the net result, after some days of taking Hydroxyzine, would be the up-regulation of Serotonin Receptors and gradual recovery from post-LSD problems.

good luck

I am really leaning towards this understanding my condition. It makes a lot of sense and seems to check off with the mechanism of both Cymbalta and LSD. 

My psychiatrist is on-board with this understanding when I last spoke with a couple of days ago. She prescribed me Risperidone recently. I haven't read into Hydroxzine and Cyproheptadine, so I don't know much the difference between them and Risperidone and which one would be the best choice in my case, with consideration to risk vs. benefits. They all block the 5HT2A receptor. Any thoughts or references on differences between different 5HT2A antagonist medications for these kind of symptoms? My psychiatrist is open to experimenting with different 5HT2A antagonizers. 

#15 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:46 AM

It makes a lot of sense and seems to check off with the mechanism of both Cymbalta and LSD. 

shrug, i said the same thing in the post #6.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1
  • Agree x 1

#16 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:53 AM

good luck

I am really leaning towards this understanding my condition. It makes a lot of sense and seems to check off with the mechanism of both Cymbalta and LSD. 

My psychiatrist is on-board with this understanding when I last spoke with a couple of days ago. She prescribed me Risperidone recently. I haven't read into Hydroxzine and Cyproheptadine, so I don't know much the difference between them and Risperidone and which one would be the best choice in my case, with consideration to risk vs. benefits. They all block the 5HT2A receptor. Any thoughts or references on differences between different 5HT2A antagonist medications for these kind of symptoms? My psychiatrist is open to experimenting with different 5HT2A antagonizers. 

Hi,

Risperidone doesn't antagonize 5ht2A but has inverse agonist effects which there are several differences between these two. Antagonism usually result in receptor up-regulation but Inverse-Agonists doesn't have the same outcome.

Antagonist: Binding to receptor without activating it, thus blocking it from activation by other ligands.

Inverse Agonist: Binding to receptor and activating it but induces a pharmacological response opposite to usual or endogenous ligands.

actually, Inverse Agonist may even result in continuing of receptor down-regulation. which you don't need right now!

what you should try is neutral antagonist ligands at those receptors (namely 5ht1A and 5ht2A); Hydroxyzine (OTC drug) only antagonizes 5ht2A receptors but Cyprohepatine antagonizes both 5ht1A and 5ht2A.

trying low doses of Hydroxyzine would be a low risk and effective choice (at least I prefer it myself), though you should first consult this with your psychiatrist.

Edited by psychejunkie, 06 November 2016 - 06:09 AM.

• Informative x 1

#17 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:19 AM

I actually cycle a serotonin agonist and antagonist, sometimes on the same day.  That's bacopa and ginkgo respectively.  Self-awareness and personality has just been spottier than usual since the incident, which is saying a lot for a guy like me.  It's not my analytical knowledge that has been spottier (it's usually spot on), but more like intra- or interpersonal, e.g. I never say the same thing about myself or I always make the same mistake with people (extra desensitize to punishment stimuli).  Risperidone is supposed to be good for borderline symptoms, but throw some plutonium into the mix and all bets are off.  I do stuff which boosts gdnf on the nigrostriatal (NS), like grapefruit and ginseng.. NS is particularly sensitive to cell loss so regrowth is a concern, other regions it's more just normalizing receptors.  Ginseng boosts gdnf on the NS and modulates frontal/striatal dopamine, that's why it's a good starting block to your stack.  The OP also reminds me of a friend who took citalopram on mdma (thinking it was a good way to cut down oxidation); while it definitely backfired, he luckily didn't experience as many problems as I did.

Edited by gamesguru, 06 November 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#18 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:19 AM

I want to add that Fasting or Intermittent Fasting is another option with very lower risks and side effects with much more benefits.

#19 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

good luck

Hi,

Risperidone doesn't antagonize 5ht2A but has inverse agonist effects which there are several differences between these two. Antagonism usually result in receptor up-regulation but Inverse-Agonists doesn't have the same outcome.

Antagonist: Binding to receptor without activating it, thus blocking it from activation by other ligands.

Inverse Agonist: Binding to receptor and activating it but induces a pharmacological response opposite to usual or endogenous ligands.

actually, Inverse Agonist may even result in continuing of receptor down-regulation. which you don't need right now!

what you should try is neutral antagonist ligands at those receptors (namely 5ht1A and 5ht2A); Hydroxyzine (OTC drug) only antagonizes 5ht2A receptors but Cyprohepatine antagonizes both 5ht1A and 5ht2A.

trying low doses of Hydroxyzine would be a low risk and effective choice (at least I prefer it myself), though you should first consult this with your psychiatrist.

Psychejunkie,

I'm finding conflicting information on the mechanism of Risperidone on-line, mostly on Wikipedia (risperidone page vs. 5-HT2a receptor page), which is not the best source obviously. But I can't seem to find research articles that detail or outline the effects of Risperidone. I did find a study that suggests Risperidone is in fact a 5-HT2a antagonist (http://www.nature.co...l/1300057a.html). Do you have any references I can take a look at for the evidence of it's Inverse Agonist mechanism? Any references on correlating downregulation of the 5HT2a receptor with the use of an inverse agonist in general? 

I'm learning a lot of this information all for the first time, so it is super helpful to get feedback here from everyone, so I appreciate the effort to help me with this issue and try to puzzle it all together. Once I start taking whatever medication I end up with, I will post results/dosage, so it is clear what worked and didn't. 

Thanks. 

#20 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:44 AM

good luck

Hi,

Psychejunkie,

I'm finding conflicting information on the mechanism of Risperidone on-line, mostly on Wikipedia (risperidone page vs. 5-HT2a receptor page), which is not the best source obviously. But I can't seem to find research articles that detail or outline the effects of Risperidone. I did find a study that suggests Risperidone is in fact a 5-HT2a antagonist (http://www.nature.co...l/1300057a.html). Do you have any references I can take a look at for the evidence of it's Inverse Agonist mechanism? Any references on correlating downregulation of the 5HT2a receptor with the use of an inverse agonist in general? 

I'm learning a lot of this information all for the first time, so it is super helpful to get feedback here from everyone, so I appreciate the effort to help me with this issue and try to puzzle it all together. Once I start taking whatever medication I end up with, I will post results/dosage, so it is clear what worked and didn't. 

Thanks. 

Yep! you're right, Wikipedia has conflicting information and not a reliable source.

Sorry my bad! I had only checked Risperidone's 5ht2A binding affinity (Ki) and satisfied by Wikipedia's Ligand Efficiency (which it says Inverse-Agonist!).

Here is a good source for Binding Affinities, though it lacks the Ligand Efficiency information:

http://kidbdev.med.u...ry=Submit Query

#21 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:43 PM

Update since last posting..

Thanks for the recommendations guys. 

I talked to my psychiatrist regarding 5ht2a antagonism and she ended prescribing me Risperidone at 1 mg/day, and additionally got prescribed Cypraheptadine 4-8 mg/day as well. Risperidone seemed to help a tiny bit with some of the forehead pain associated with the vision problems, but no other benefits. Did not notice anything with Cypraheptadine, other than weight gain. 

Hydroxyzine perhaps would be the next thing to try. Seems like a possible viable solution. Currently being prescribed to Trintellix (SSRI) to counteract the depression that I feel because of these issues. Really hope there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the help everyone, I appreciate it very much. 

BTW. psychjunkie, you mentioned fasting. Why do you think that would be a viable option? What would be the benefits of it?

#22 adamh

• 1,013 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

OP, it seems like a leap of faith that you attribute your condition to the lsd use along with cymbalta. If I read correctly, your symptoms started some 2 months later, is that correct? I would not assume it was the drug experience that did it, it might be but a 2 month gap leaves me skeptical. It may have had nothing to do with either drug, may have been a virus or some other cause. When you are totally sure its one certain thing that tends to make you not look at other possibilities.

We have heard many stories on this board of people suddenly or over a short period coming down with conditions and no known cause. Unfortunately, the state of medical science has no answers for many problems or only palliatives. You might consider a brain scan, an eeg if you haven't already, and other tests including those for diseases known to cause neurological problems including lyme and others. Look at your diet, its not impossible an allergy plays a role, maybe a supplement you are taking, have you ever had an allergy test?

#23 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 September 2017 - 06:38 PM

OP, it seems like a leap of faith that you attribute your condition to the lsd use along with cymbalta. If I read correctly, your symptoms started some 2 months later, is that correct? I would not assume it was the drug experience that did it, it might be but a 2 month gap leaves me skeptical. It may have had nothing to do with either drug, may have been a virus or some other cause. When you are totally sure its one certain thing that tends to make you not look at other possibilities.

We have heard many stories on this board of people suddenly or over a short period coming down with conditions and no known cause. Unfortunately, the state of medical science has no answers for many problems or only palliatives. You might consider a brain scan, an eeg if you haven't already, and other tests including those for diseases known to cause neurological problems including lyme and others. Look at your diet, its not impossible an allergy plays a role, maybe a supplement you are taking, have you ever had an allergy test?

Ya, I've considered that potential as well. I've had multiple tests and blood work done to weed out any alternative causes for these visual issues, including MRI, EEG, Allergy testing, Comprehensive Blood Work, CT scan, and more. It very well could be something else, that I so far have no been able to properly diagnose or find a biomarker for. 

From recent readings, I've found that Depersonalization Disorder may cause a lot of these symptoms and is known to come about from drug use. 

As an update, I'm currently trying different medications with my psychiatrist to see if anything can help or lessen the symptoms. Risperidone and Abilify so far have been the most help, though Abilify started messing with my jaw causing pain and jerky motions when I spoke. 

#24 Deaden

• 232 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 September 2017 - 06:54 AM

Ya, I've considered that potential as well. I've had multiple tests and blood work done to weed out any alternative causes for these visual issues, including MRI, EEG, Allergy testing, Comprehensive Blood Work, CT scan, and more. It very well could be something else, that I so far have no been able to properly diagnose or find a biomarker for. 

From recent readings, I've found that Depersonalization Disorder may cause a lot of these symptoms and is known to come about from drug use. 

As an update, I'm currently trying different medications with my psychiatrist to see if anything can help or lessen the symptoms. Risperidone and Abilify so far have been the most help, though Abilify started messing with my jaw causing pain and jerky motions when I spoke. 

Yeah I would guess you're suffering from DP/DR. Read this for more information to learn about that disorder and potential treatments: http://www.brainprot...alization-cure/

If you are indeed suffering from this, I wouldn't keep trying any random drug your psychiatrist thinks you should test. Probably best to learn about medications that can be effective against Depersonalization and trying to get your hands on those. Might save you another couple years of trial and error...

Edited by Deaden, 07 September 2017 - 06:54 AM.

#25 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:05 AM

Deaden - thanks for the link. I've been reading up on DP/DR a lot lately, and I do believe I have DP/DR to some extent.  But I am not 100% convinced this is the root of the issue, because the persistent double vision and far away gaze are not necessarily common symptoms of DP/DR. I certainly have some of the symptoms of it and it may be as a result of the vision problems that my body is depersonalizing, or I am depersonalizing initially and that is causing the vision problems. In any case, since I do have DP to some extent at least, I am working with my psychiatrist right now to tackle these symptoms with medications that have shown to be effective against DP, like you mentioned. Will keep up the updates

#26 psychejunkie

• 205 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 05:39 AM

BTW. psychjunkie, you mentioned fasting. Why do you think that would be a viable option? What would be the benefits of it?

Hey

Fasting/Intermittent Fasting has lots of cognitive and physical benefits including BDNF/GDNF increase and toxin removal from BBB (Blood-Brain Barrier); it might help a faster recovery from toxin's damage and stroke. it also helps to alleviate some depression and anxiety symptoms.

anyway, have you tried Hydroxyzine? what was your results? and how many weeks/days did you take it?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#27 xsra

• Topic Starter
  • 15 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:15 PM

Hey

Fasting/Intermittent Fasting has lots of cognitive and physical benefits including BDNF/GDNF increase and toxin removal from BBB (Blood-Brain Barrier); it might help a faster recovery from toxin's damage and stroke. it also helps to alleviate some depression and anxiety symptoms.

anyway, have you tried Hydroxyzine? what was your results? and how many weeks/days did you take it?

I see, I have experimented a bit with fasting. Did not find it very helpful, but I could try it again for longer and see if I see benefits over time. 

I did try Hydroxyzine. 25 mg twice a day, for about 3 weeks. Other than feeling lethargic, I didn't notice any benefits from it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lsd, snri, cymbalta, brain fog, vision

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users