• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What we can do to help research into aging.

aging

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wuvit

• 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 02:18 PM

Hope is important, but it only becomes useful when followed by action.

I have followed the online community for some time now, especially Aubrey de Grey and his speeches on getting aging under medical control. After maybe 5 years of being in the side lines, I decided to start helping the cause. I mean... if each of us convince just 1 person each day that this is a noble pursuit, and if we were organized and motivated, I think there is a lot that can be accomplished.

Thank you logecity.org for creating a forum that is promoting these efforts.

WHAT I have done so far:

-- Started creating videos on aging on my youtube channel and introducing my viewers to the ideas behind aging research:

-- Created a live chat that is always up for people to get in touch with others in real time:

https://discord.gg/ftSbffu

Edited by Wuvit, 03 November 2016 - 02:23 PM.

• like x 1

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:08 PM

This is fantastic and it it brilliant to see such a willing volunteer to the cause. :)

#3 Wuvit

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

Thanks man :), a lot has happened since that post. A lot of users have been entering the discord Live Chat from different sources online and giving their opinions. Even a small plan is being developed on how to effectively go about informing the online community of the longevity cause.

I think people in this community are some of the most enthusiastic and intelligent people you'll find. I'll keep you guys informed on whats happening.:)

• like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:48 AM

I would like to draw your attention to the following: https://www.change.o...related-disease If you could get some more signatures for this petition, that would also help immensely. We look forward to hearing about the community and your plans to help the cause. This sounds really exciting! :-D

#5 Wuvit

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 04:40 PM

Great to see a large amount of people working together to get stuff done! :)

oh and the live chat is growing so fast! Lots of great conversations and sharing of information daily.

• like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: aging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users