• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Vitamin C Shower Filter: Dangerous, Miraculous, or Useless?

vitamin c shower filter dangerous dehydroascorbic acid beneficial anti-aging skin health

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JBForrester

• 350 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:46 PM

Hey Folks,

I recently bought Sonaki Vitamax Shower Filter (Vitamin C + Carbon Filters), and I will say the first two times using it, my hair and skin were unbelievable - no joke - and I was sure I found the reason and solution to my dry hair and skin (we have very high levels of chlorine where I live and vitamin C negates Chlorine). However, after the first few times, it seems like my skin went back to it's dull self. My hair is still good, but I'm waiting until it follows suit. 

My question is this: Does anyone know how long Vitamin C shower filters realistically last? The product says it should last 3 months, but I'm wondering if as soon as the Vitamin C comes in contact with the water, it will begin to oxidize and turn into dehydroascorbic acid fairly soon.  And if so, is that dangerous for your skin? I've used high concentrations of Vitamin C serums on my skin in the past, which completely irritated and damaged my upper eyelids, and don't want this to happen to my skin again. 

Also, just a note, I had been washing my face with water from the shower filter. 

Would love to hear some of your wisdom! 

Thanks so much. 

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 Adamzski

• 674 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 04:19 AM

It says up to 10,000 litres, I'm sure the water in Korea is full of all kinds of bad stuff, not so bad in Seoul but in country areas I have had water with a strong metal smell.

http://vitafreshshow...display_group=1

Don't think it has enough vit c to cause any problems for you, how does the water taste? 

Maybe a very good filter would be better for you? but if this is providing benefits then that's great.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vitamin c, shower filter, dangerous, dehydroascorbic acid, beneficial, anti-aging, skin health

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users