• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

liposomal lions mane? white matter changes etc.

lions mane white matter changes nerve ngf lipisomal white matter optic neuritis visual snow tinnitus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yaprobably

• 7 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:25 PM

I heard someone taking about lipisomal lions mane. I'm unfamiliar with the idea but am relying on lions mane currently for it's nerve repair potential. I've recently bought from powder city but am looking into other sources including bad monkey (aware there is some uncertainty about them which I'm hoping is overblown) add I understand it lions mane is not well absorbed except on an empty stomach. Would liposomal preparations then be contra indicated? Or is there something to it? Any other methods to boost its bioavailability out there? Or better sources? Considering oreiveda due to 50/50 ratio including mycellium which supposedly is several fold more stimulating if ngf. Recent discussions with powder city show beta glucan content in the forty five percent range which I guess is good but not sure it relates to more ngf stimulation. Attempting to know more.

Currently dealing with chronic optic neiritis and non specific white matter changes on mri w/o contrast. Dr feels not ms. No dr able to give diagnosis. Constant visual snow and tinnitis assuming related. Overjoyed to receive any other suggestions for ways to combat this. Thank you.
  • like x 1

#2 EFTANG

• 115 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 12:43 PM

Beta-glucans have nothing to do with NGF stimulating, their percentage is therefore not relevant. Beta-glucans are immune modulators. 

As a side note, 45% beta-glucan does not sound realistic or plausible. They are probably mixing up polysaccharides and beta-glucans. Beta-glucans are polysaccharides, but polysaccharides can be a lot of things: sugar, dextrin, chitin, maltitol, you name it... but only beta-glucans are therapeutically useful, though.

I suggest you ask them for a certificate of analysis to see what the actual percentages are and how they've been determined (Megazyme being the only acceptable method, currently).

A decent certificate of analysis has been issued by an independent laboratory that you can contact if necessary, to verify.

Several suppliers are offering 'certificates of analysis' that are actually just 'spec sheets', copied from the manufacturers information. These are not reliable and cannot be verified.

• Agree x 2
  • Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 yaprobably

• Topic Starter
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

Sorry Ive been out of touch a while just saw your reply. Just wanted to say thanks for your info.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lions mane, white matter changes, nerve, ngf, lipisomal, white matter, optic neuritis, visual snow, tinnitus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users