- - - - -

Racetams -- Only Need Oxi or Phenylpa

racetams

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

I cant understand why anyone would ever use Piracetam, when Oxiracetam & PhenylPiracetam are truly its replacements. Using it is like listening to a half complete song and keeping it that way.

On the other hand, i dont understand the need for other more complicated and substituated racetams. All one needs is to pick Oxiracetam or Phenylpiracetam.

THe one exception is if it has a change in mechanism that is drastic and seems valuable in research. Like Fasoracetam Truly upregulating GABA B due to a possible inverse agonst-action at GABA-B -- Or Methyl-Phenyl-Piracetam* being a sigma agonist .. and with that said why isnt MPhP being stocked instead of that hydrazide ??

Dont Hydrazides form irreversible bonds with receptors?  and a new receptor just has to be built,, theres never a detachment?  Like the analogy of Irreversible MAOIs where new enzyme has to be made instead of it discontenting, thus the two week wait discontinuing them?? THose Hydrazides look like they would irreversible bind. 

Edited by Saffron, 09 November 2016 - 08:31 PM.

#2 Saffron

• Topic Starter
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 08:32 PM

Darn, had to edit typos. Im into research about treating conditions rather than research about being normal but going for enhancement. I think both areas of Research are valid.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Saffron

• Topic Starter
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 09:14 PM

If you dont mind, theres a cool parallel to this I thought about 

There are so many Benzos -- But a few with the OH/HO Hydroxy Group on 3-position of the diazepine ring Should account for all P.R.N. anxiety disorders and sleep disorder uses, and be more-used as a replacement in some other cases.

Let me tell you why;

Ones with that OH/HO can skip Phase I CYP 450's enzymes and just be eliminated by Phase II completely. I believe they also dont have any extra long dissocation time at the recetor terget

But ones without that, last abhout the same time, or only a few hours longer in duration in terms of the subjective and therapeutic effects the person can feel -- yet they will stick around in trace amounts for days !! doing useless downregulatory receptor exposure for days when the therapeutic and relief feeling duration of 3-HO and non-3-HO Benzodazepines are about the same !!

You see what I mean? I ran out of the Tem my doctor gave me for sleep but its not a problem like it would be with Xanax or Klonipin, Thank God, or Thank Goodness for Atheists. You gotta have that 3-HO-Diazepine substituent or else benzos are worse w the dependance and tolerance speed , thats my opinion or hypothesis or whatever you want to call it. 

It is frustrating because have a buncdh of pieces of knowledge that all Psychiatrists should know and Utilize & you know Thats not going to happen -- Other examples are my pointing out that Cyproheptadine is reletively highly selective for 5-HT-2a as an antagonist, and leaves the good 5-HT-1a receptors alone, leaves dopamine alone (relatively speaking )  -- and doctors who give about certain neuroleptics like  and risperdal or antihistamine milder neuroleptics like hydroxyzine to certain non-schizophrenic patients as an off-label helpful adjunct, do so because of 5-HT2a being the target, yet they dont use the awesome most easily handled and most selective one, Cyproheptadine!!

And Im the custodian of lots of other little bits and pieces of info like this; and like, doctors, researchers and medical trend setters, medical policy setters, they arent sharp enough and do not catch these things. They are too dull minded even though they would sure beat me in other categories.  I wish they werent so dull -minded,. youd think anyone normal would catch things like this.. THeres been people who had Cyproheptadine & they said Cypro was far better than others. Not to mention all the other of info like this i could name & list. :sad: what the heck? and Ladies & Gentleman, guess what, the Mu/Delta/Kappa system isnt magically immune to all dysfunction in all 7 billion people therefore we can full-ban everyone of those except ones we just highly restrict. How could someone miss that ?? These smart people are so dumb ..

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#4 tronatula2

• 43 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 November 2016 - 03:59 PM

I react poorly to cholinergic, hence piracetam works well for me, cause it uses up Acetylcholine in the brain and decreases Ach level. Piracetam helps me with verbal fluency and creativity.

On the contrary, Oxiracetam and Phenylpiracetam enhance Acetylcholine release, so I don't like them much.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: racetams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users