• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

Vorinostat

hdac inhibitor hdaci hdac fear extinction learning memory long-term memory vorinostat saha

• Please log in to reply
542 replies to this topic

#121 pro-v

• 112 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:20 AM

Put me on the list for 2

#122 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:33 AM

Any rebound effects or tolerance issues with vorinostat? Will it consistently work in the long run is reasonable dosages are taken?

Not sure about rebound effects, but tolerance should not be an issue because vorinostat is not something we cannot take it daily. Yeah, it should work very consistently. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 Omar Ishaque

• 2 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:31 AM

Hey music man it's Santa and bear here, I was having issues with my paypal. Is it possible for me to still pay for the gram or will i be joining the waitlist?

#124 Isak2044

• 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 10:29 AM

Hey musicman, could we get an update on the delivery status?
When can I expect to get it?

#125 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 December 2016 - 04:47 AM

@MusicMan

Sorry. I'm dropping off the waitlist. You can release my 3 grams to someone else.

#126 Fozzyred

• 7 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 09:37 PM

Okay I'm going to put a pause on new orders for now.

I'm so happy about this whole thing because of you guys. Everyone has been very nice and prompt, and everything so far couldn't have gone any smoother. The Longecity community is very diverse as well, with about as many orders coming from outside the US as in. I have people making orders from France, Germany, Austria, Sweden, Denmark, Russia, Croatia, Israel, Mexico, Toronto, England, Florida, Cali, Texas, Minnesota, and more. Thanks to all of you for helping co-create this community and making it what it is little by little.

I'm still waiting on a few payments and for some people to get back to me, but I'm putting in the order now, so we should expect parcels to start going out in a couple weeks or so.

During the shipping lull I'll finish up with all the orders, and get around to posting those few studies on vorinostat specifically that I was talking about.

Evan

Hi Evan,

Do you have any updates for us?

Thanks,

FR

#127 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:26 AM

Got the package y'all :)

Making sure it's vorinostat.

Evan

#128 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 December 2016 - 03:28 AM

Sorry I've been busy lately but before people start receiving their orders I'd like to copy some of my basic info on vorinostat into this thread and outline some basic info regarding how vorinostat should be used, sort of a crash course, so there's no confusion surrounding it.

Evan

#129 Isak2044

• 6 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:47 AM

Sorry I've been busy lately but before people start receiving their orders I'd like to copy some of my basic info on vorinostat into this thread and outline some basic info regarding how vorinostat should be used, sort of a crash course, so there's no confusion surrounding it.

Evan

Thanks for the update. The crash course would be highly appreciated, since I am new to vorinostat, keep up the good work :)

#130 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Another quick update:

I'm now only accepting bitcoin just so everyone knows. I've finalized the first wave of this group buy, and now it is looking like I will indeed have a few grams extra to sell later on. I'll make a post about it when the time comes.

My timeframe for shipments going out is between the 28th and the 4th. Please feel free to PM me if this presents a specific problem for you.

For those of you that put yourselves on the waitlist for the next group buy, no need! Check out Strangelove's new thread where he is offering vorinostat for $35 a gram. He has as much as I do and will be selling for at least a few months.

Evan

• like x 2

#131 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

Another quick update:

I'm now only accepting bitcoin just so everyone knows. I've finalized the first wave of this group buy, and now it is looking like I will indeed have a few grams extra to sell later on. I'll make a post about it when the time comes.

My timeframe for shipments going out is between the 28th and the 4th. Please feel free to PM me if this presents a specific problem for you.

For those of you that put yourselves on the waitlist for the next group buy, no need! Check out Strangelove's new thread where he is offering vorinostat for $35 a gram. He has as much as I do and will be selling for at least a few months.

Evan

Thank you Evan for all your hard work in organizing this group buy, I am looking forward to reviewing this compound for my social anxiety  / low self-esteem issues.. Hope it will help with self-esteem, seen as it only makes sense if it were to come from negative beliefs.

Anyway, again thank you for your hard work and wishing you a happy Christmas / new year. I hope the compound works wonders for you as well. :)

Kind Regards,

Edited by KieranA001, 20 December 2016 - 05:28 PM.

#132 nicklesprout

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

i read that acetyl carnitine increases histone acetylation.  i wonder what effect it would have in combination with Vorinostat.  thoughts anyone?

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/19755853

Edited by nicklesprout, 25 December 2016 - 05:45 PM.

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#133 Tom Lodge

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:03 PM

I'm strongly interested in this product. Can it increase intelligence though as there is currently no drug out there that can currently do this. In a way of a child like state?

#134 Stephen Clark

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:43 PM

Hey, any word on shipping yet?

EDIT: I must have forgotten your post regarding the estimated dates. My mistake.

At any rate, excited to see how the tests come back.

Edited by Stephen Clark, 30 December 2016 - 10:46 PM.

#135 vaister

• 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

Hello. I would like to be on the waiting list. My intention is to train absolute pitch. Thanks

#136 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Sweet I'll definitely have a few grams leftover, but for now just talk to StrangeLove for some of his batch. He and I traded a gram and both batches give me the exact same effect so I'm going to forego getting my batch lab-tested. He probably hasn't received my letter yet (Greece<>USA), but he'll be able to confirm soon as well.

After having a private conversation with @tolerant I decided to test vorinostat in certain situations to see what it does intrinsically and what it doesn't. I've gained some good methods/ideas/rules for research with vorinostat. I'll write these up with my basic safety instructions soon. I haven't used it for its memory properties too much yet, so I wish to delve into this more. My first session I did take the time to learn more chess openings, and those have certainly stuck more than usual... chess seems to be a classic candidate for learning with an HDACi, but I am really looking forward to the studying I am going to have to do this spring and seeing if the vorinostat will help with that. It really does give you control of yourself and your brain much more than usual. In moment where you would normally act off your habits and "personality," the vorinsotat opens you up to being able to think and act however you want. On one hand this is amazing because you're able to remake yourself at an incredible rate, but on the other you must stay aware during your session and do the work yourself to make sure you are building good habits and not bad ones. It is very easy to switch between them while on vorinostat... it is as if nothing is pushing you to do anything, and you can cognitively choose how you act moment to moment, so it is very easy to build good habits. The negative habits and feelings that are normally there all of a sudden feel like they've disappeared. This I remember from my first testing sessions some months ago where I was in the kitchen talking to my grandma and I was able to remake my social habits around her at the drop of a hat. It was very nice.

To refrain from dragging on I'll cut it at this for now. I do see vorinostat being even more powerful when mixed with certain substances. One day I took it along with rhodiola and a lot of caffeine. While this helped me learn things, become quick and refined, the vorinostat also recorded some of my ticks and nervousness from the uppity rhodiola and caffeine, so the next two days I was still a bit edgy, but still overall in a better place. One day I took it right when I hit my low a day and a half after using phenibut. I was sort of in a down mood and the vorinostat, while it helped me learn, be myself and remake social habits, it also recorded that feeling of post-phenibut sadness, sort of like it recorded the negative feeling that was going through my head at the time. And then after that, I took vorinostat once when I was peaking on phenibut and feeling very at ease with myself and the world, as one on phenibut would normally feel, and the vorinostat helped me record this feeling and the social behaviors that go along with it so the next several days and well even today I still have these habits with me... a loose chest, calmness, ability to stay in control, be open, etcetera etcetera. So there is importance in when you take vorinostat, how you feel, how you act, and definitely what substances you're on/coming down from. Also things are very fluid from session to session. Each next vorinostat session just adds on to my pool of positivity and positive behaviors, thoughts, habits, etcetera. I still have the positive things from my vorinostat sessions coming down from phenibut, and the negative feeling was of course completely eradicated during the next vorinostat session, which was the one during phenibut. That session also eradicated my ticks and nervousness from the rhodiola/caffeine session. I took phenibut several days ago without vorinostat, and for some reason I didn't have my normal comedown with the bad feeling. I barely noticed it when I usually feel it quite a bit. Perhaps taking vorinostat while on phenibut helped sort of solidify my ability to be like that all the time. It helped me learn the pathways phenibut activates.

Anyway just a couple thoughts for now. Will come back. Some folks should be getting their orders this week, with most people getting theirs later in the week/next week.

Evan

• Informative x 2

#137 Tom Lodge

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

Sounds great. My biggest fears are learning how to drive e.g. will I crash into someone, will i lose it around a bend etc and also mainly what people think of me, as if i need to seek their validation when really i shouldn't care what they think. Definitley interested in this product. Can i pay you by PayPal?

#138 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

Update

Officially got the last of everyone's orders out today, so people should be receiving them soon. I'm in the US, so if you're outside of the US let me know if it hasn't come by the 18th, US residents let me know if it hasn't arrived by next Thursday or so, otherwise I'll assume no news is good news.

Evan

#139 Strangelove

• 792 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:15 AM

I need to get for sleep, a quick copy/paste from my thread for anyone receiving vorinostat soon.

"I received a sample from musicman, from his group buy to try it also, taste (as far as you can tell, both do not have much taste) and effects seem the same, his vorinostat is of a slight more light color possibly because its a finer powder, this can change a powder's color."

Edit: I cannot change my post in my thread, but what I write here is worded correctly, both are light pink and not white...

Edited by Strangelove, 05 January 2017 - 12:25 AM.

#140 musicman4534

• Topic Starter
  • 87 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:03 AM

Thanks Strangelove, I found the same things when comparing them, same effect, taste and everything. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it having a slightly purple/pink hue, kind of interesting.

#141 Raman

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:45 PM

I received a card with a small plastic bag in the mail. The bag is labeled "piracetam 2g". Is this actually vorinostat?

The return address indicates that it is from somebody named either Evan or Era (can't tell because of the handwriting).

#142 monowav

• 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:07 PM

I got piracetam too. Is this just mislabeling?

#143 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:58 PM

musicman, o received my stuff. thanks a lot!!

#144 gedanken

• 22 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:08 AM

Yup, vorinostat received earlier today. Much appreciated!

#145 Stephen Clark

• 17 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:37 AM

Got mine! Just in time for my birthday! You're the man @musicman4534

#146 tolerant

• 470 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

Sweet I'll definitely have a few grams leftover, but for now just talk to StrangeLove for some of his batch. He and I traded a gram and both batches give me the exact same effect so I'm going to forego getting my batch lab-tested. He probably hasn't received my letter yet (Greece<>USA), but he'll be able to confirm soon as well.

After having a private conversation with @tolerant I decided to test vorinostat in certain situations to see what it does intrinsically and what it doesn't. I've gained some good methods/ideas/rules for research with vorinostat. I'll write these up with my basic safety instructions soon. I haven't used it for its memory properties too much yet, so I wish to delve into this more. My first session I did take the time to learn more chess openings, and those have certainly stuck more than usual... chess seems to be a classic candidate for learning with an HDACi, but I am really looking forward to the studying I am going to have to do this spring and seeing if the vorinostat will help with that. It really does give you control of yourself and your brain much more than usual. In moment where you would normally act off your habits and "personality," the vorinsotat opens you up to being able to think and act however you want. On one hand this is amazing because you're able to remake yourself at an incredible rate, but on the other you must stay aware during your session and do the work yourself to make sure you are building good habits and not bad ones. It is very easy to switch between them while on vorinostat... it is as if nothing is pushing you to do anything, and you can cognitively choose how you act moment to moment, so it is very easy to build good habits. The negative habits and feelings that are normally there all of a sudden feel like they've disappeared. This I remember from my first testing sessions some months ago where I was in the kitchen talking to my grandma and I was able to remake my social habits around her at the drop of a hat. It was very nice.

To refrain from dragging on I'll cut it at this for now. I do see vorinostat being even more powerful when mixed with certain substances. One day I took it along with rhodiola and a lot of caffeine. While this helped me learn things, become quick and refined, the vorinostat also recorded some of my ticks and nervousness from the uppity rhodiola and caffeine, so the next two days I was still a bit edgy, but still overall in a better place. One day I took it right when I hit my low a day and a half after using phenibut. I was sort of in a down mood and the vorinostat, while it helped me learn, be myself and remake social habits, it also recorded that feeling of post-phenibut sadness, sort of like it recorded the negative feeling that was going through my head at the time. And then after that, I took vorinostat once when I was peaking on phenibut and feeling very at ease with myself and the world, as one on phenibut would normally feel, and the vorinostat helped me record this feeling and the social behaviors that go along with it so the next several days and well even today I still have these habits with me... a loose chest, calmness, ability to stay in control, be open, etcetera etcetera. So there is importance in when you take vorinostat, how you feel, how you act, and definitely what substances you're on/coming down from. Also things are very fluid from session to session. Each next vorinostat session just adds on to my pool of positivity and positive behaviors, thoughts, habits, etcetera. I still have the positive things from my vorinostat sessions coming down from phenibut, and the negative feeling was of course completely eradicated during the next vorinostat session, which was the one during phenibut. That session also eradicated my ticks and nervousness from the rhodiola/caffeine session. I took phenibut several days ago without vorinostat, and for some reason I didn't have my normal comedown with the bad feeling. I barely noticed it when I usually feel it quite a bit. Perhaps taking vorinostat while on phenibut helped sort of solidify my ability to be like that all the time. It helped me learn the pathways phenibut activates.

Anyway just a couple thoughts for now. Will come back. Some folks should be getting their orders this week, with most people getting theirs later in the week/next week.

Evan

Hi everybody,

I commend Evan for sharing some negative mini-experiences with vorinostat in the quoted post, which negative mini-experiences I took the liberty to highlight. The experience shared in the above post is still overwhelmingly positive, as as all exeperience shared the CL-994 thread were overwhelmingly positive. 

However, a month ago I myself I myself had a mixed experience with vorinostat, which came from the same supplier (although not necessarily the same batch) as the one distributed by Evan. Anyway, I have almost no reason to believe that the vorinostat itself was anything but legit. I am not one to do detailed write up of experiences, but I would like to list the mistakes which I can remember (in the form of instructions to new users) which I think could have made my experience with vorinostat something other than totally positive. These are as follows.

Until you know how the drug affects you personally, DO NOT:

1. Take a dose larger than 25 mg orally;

2. Take vorinostat more than once every four days;

3. Try to go out of your way to forcibly, by willpower, overcome your fears while you're on vorinostat. Do not engage in activities that you would usually avoid just because you think that they will be easier on vorinostat.

4. Try not to deal with issues either than anxiety (such as, for example, guilt or shame which you think may be deserved).

If I remember any more things which I shouldn't have done, I will post them. I wish everyone a good experience with the drug. I myself plan to return to it. Remember that the above "rules" only apply initially, before you figured out how best to take the drug. For example, it is quite feasible that you can take the drug and then force yourself into a fearful situation only to realise, once you're there, that it no longer causes you anxiety. But also bear in mind what Evan said and what is supported by all the studies I have read on it: vorinostat can record both positive and negative emotions, just as it can both entrench and treat drug addictions. Despite anecdotes to the contrary posted on this forum, there's nothing or very little in the studies to suggest that vorinostat makes a preference and records the good and not the bad. 

Take care,

tolerant

Edited by tolerant, 08 January 2017 - 10:31 AM.

• Informative x 2

#147 nicklesprout

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

does anyone have any concerns about long term genetic changes that may be unwanted, even on such a low dose, or cardiovascular changes that may be unwanted? i've been a little hesitant to continue on this due to those worries, since this territory is so uncharted and there really hasn't been any long term studies on Vorinostat.

does anyone have any concerns about long term genetic changes that may be unwanted, even on such a low dose, or cardiovascular changes that may be unwanted? i've been a little hesitant to continue on this due to those worries, since this territory is so uncharted and there really hasn't been any long term studies on Vorinostat.

#148 EfeitoPlacebo

• 20 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:19 PM

Vorinostat + Methylene blue

How about Methylene blue after having a successfull expousure session on vorinostat?

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25018057

Effects of post-session administration of methylene blue on fear extinction and contextual memory in adults with claustrophobia.

Abstract
OBJECTIVE:

Preclinical studies have shown that low-dose methylene blue increases mitochondrial cytochrome oxidase activity in the brain and improves memory retention after learning tasks, including fear extinction. The authors report on the first controlled experiment to examine the memory-enhancing effects of posttraining methylene blue administration on retention of fear extinction and contextual memory following fear extinction training.

METHOD:

Adult participants displaying marked claustrophobic fear were randomly assigned to double-blind administration of 260 mg of methylene blue (N=23) or administration of placebo (N=19) immediately following six 5-minute extinction trials in an enclosed chamber. Retesting occurred 1 month later to assess fear renewal as indexed by peak fear during exposure to a nontraining chamber, with the prediction that the effects of methylene blue would vary as a function of fear reduction achieved during extinction training. Incidental contextual memory was assessed 1 and 30 days after training to assess the cognitive-enhancing effects of methylene blue independent of its effects on fear attenuation.

RESULTS:

Consistent with predictions, participants displaying low end fear posttraining showed significantly less fear at the 1-month follow-up if they received methylene blue posttraining compared with placebo. In contrast, participants displaying moderate to high levels of posttraining fear tended to fare worse at the follow-up if they received methylene blue posttraining. Methylene blue's enhancement of contextual memory was unrelated to initial or posttraining claustrophobic fear.

CONCLUSIONS:

Methylene blue enhances memory and the retention of fear extinction when administered after a successful exposure session but may have a deleterious effect on extinction when administered after an unsuccessful exposure session.

#149 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:44 PM

Received my order Saturday. Took it and didn't feel anything that much, so placed it as placebo. Took a bit more yesterday and find it's very overwhelming. I feel to think a lot more on it, as my brain feels pressurized as to say. I am going to continue to see what results I get. Find I think or my brain feels very active. Does anyone else get this? And what am I suppose to notice when I'm on it, do the effects take time to notice long-term as in do they change?

Thanks,

Kieran 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#150 DrunkDemon

• 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Received my order Saturday. Took it and didn't feel anything that much, so placed it as placebo. Took a bit more yesterday and find it's very overwhelming. I feel to think a lot more on it, as my brain feels pressurized as to say. I am going to continue to see what results I get. Find I think or my brain feels very active. Does anyone else get this? And what am I suppose to notice when I'm on it, do the effects take time to notice long-term as in do they change?

Thanks,

Kieran 

Read tolerant's post above. For the love of christ DO NOT continue to use vorinostat daily, you're going to make yourself sick. Frankly, if you can't follow basic safety protocols for this substance you shouldn't be using it.

• Agree x 2
  • Ill informed x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdac inhibitor, hdaci, hdac, fear extinction, learning, memory, long-term memory, vorinostat, saha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users