- - - - -

Memantine vs Oxcarbazepine for benzo withdrawal

benzo withdrawal memantine oxcarbazepine

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kudos100

• 4 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:23 PM

I'm going to be tapering off diazepam soon and am looking for something I can take alongside my supplement regime to make things easier. 

I've heard both can be helpful in benzodiazepine withdrawal, but have struggled to find evidence (studies or anecdotal) to support their use for withdrawal. Oxcarbazepine has a few studies supporting its use, but I can only find a few anecdotal reports for Memantine.

Both seem to dampen down glutamate and Oxcabazepine may have the potential to upregulate gaba receptors, but again evidence is scarce.

I don't really want to take both drugs and would rather stick to one throughout the taper rather than swapping them out to see which works best and messing with my already delicate brain chemistry.  

If anyone has some experience with either meds for withdrawal or some studies I'd appreciate your opinion.

#2 kudos100

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:56 PM

No-one has any info on this? 

I'd hope someone would chip in with their experience...........

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 ResilientMe

• 1 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

You can try Microcurrent neurofeedback. There is a testimonial from a young man who used it for benzo withdrawal on Www.microcurrentneurofeedback.com
Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users