Boswellia/Frankisence vs boswelic acid?

frankisence

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dazed1

• 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 November 2016 - 09:12 PM

Im looking for some info on this 2, i know they are the same, but they are not. Boswelic acid is NOT present in the EO, and its only part of Boswelia Serrata CO2 oils, in 0.1 % concentration.

Now the question is, since im more of a fan of the whole plant approach, (i went for CO2 ils) does this mean im missing "the main" benefit of boswelic acid which is in the extracts,or the oils are even more potent like the turmeric which contanin curcumin in doses 1/100 from the suplements and its sitll more effective?

Anyone can share some experience on this amazing herb?

#2 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 November 2016 - 04:55 AM

Anyone?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 jadamgo

• 701 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 07:10 AM

The mood-altering effects of frankincense are certainly present in the essential oil, that I can tell you. Additionally, high-quality frankincense can be chewed like gum, or even eaten. This is common in the middle eastern countries where it grows naturally.

If you want to get the best of both worlds, you could put a few drops of the CO2-extracted oil into an empty capsule along with some loosely ground frankincense resin, and see if that works. 

There are actually some hardcore druggies out there whose experiences can be found on google, as they report injecting small amounts of frankincense oil intravenously. Its effects are apparently drastic, though I personally have no interest in using it this way, and to be honest, I usually just burn the resin on a salt-covered self-lighting charcoal. Then again, I'm an incense lover who can't afford the essential oil anyway, or I'd mix it with myrrh and sandalwood and wear it as a personal scent. 

• Informative x 1
  • like x 1

#4 dazed1

• Topic Starter
  • 304 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:35 AM

Hi, thanks for the answer. I do not take boswellia for mood, i take it as a anti-inflammatory substance. Im from balkans, and here in the churches they burn it - make it, but i dont know from what group/type of frankinsence it comes.

Im also looking a way one can tell if his oil/CO2 extract has boswellic acids, and mostly Serrata and Carteri types.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:05 PM

Boswellia gum resin is pretty good once you get use to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users