- - - - -

Very Poor Executive Function - ADHD Symptoms

adhd

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chris87

• 35 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 11:01 PM

I am not sure what is wrong with me, but my executive functioning is very poor. It seems to be ADHD related, but I don't know the exact cause. I struggle with motivation issues, poor concentration, inadequate decision making skills, and procrastination. I don't think that my problems were as noticeable when I was younger. I had rigid structure in place (ie. school related deadlines). I noticed that when I do not have some type of outside support system, my life falls into disarray. I desperately want to be self-employed, but it seems like I cannot succeed outside of a corporate environment. I have started to hate myself, because my life has been such a disappointment. Nothing that I've taken seems to help except for caffeine. It works occasionally and gives me a greater sense of well-being. Unfortunately, it doesn't help all that much with motivation. I can stare at my computer screen for hours without accomplishing anything. I have trouble focusing, and I can't stop fidgeting/rocking. My head feels so foggy and disconnected. I can't focus no matter how hard I try, and I spend most of my time just listening to music.

I'm starting to think that I have some type of brain damage or underdevelopment due to being born prematurely. I was born approximately 6 weeks early. Is it possible this has something to do with it? Is there anything that would relieve some of the symptoms? I've taken ADHD medication in the past (Concerta, Vyvanse, Dexedrine, Strattera), but it was only moderately effective. Not to mention that I'm tired of paying $200+ an hour to see a psychiatrist.

#2 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 01:41 AM

What is your (fasting) cortisol level in the morning?

What is your blood sugar like?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 chris87

• Topic Starter
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:03 AM

What is your (fasting) cortisol level in the morning?

What is your blood sugar like?

I wish that I knew, but I have no idea. I've wanted to get blood work done for so long, but I've been putting it off for 2 years. I'm so overwhelmed by all the different lab tests, and I don't know what to choose. I have issues with social anxiety, so I've avoided going to the doctor. I was planning to order the tests online, but I haven't done it yet. Do you think I should start with those tests first? Is cortisol tested with blood or saliva?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 02:15 AM

## del

Edited by tunt01, 25 March 2019 - 02:10 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: adhd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users