• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Combining novel neuroantiinflammatories?

montelukast aprepitant

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, I just got to thinking about this, since reading about two peculiar antiinflammatories, namely Aprepitant and Montelukast.

Both have highly novel modes of effect, and does not seem to have any dramatic side-effects, as well as not being interactive with just about anything else.

Could there be highly effective nootropic gains to be made from these?? Well that, or a complex antidepressive action. And what other novel neuroantiinflammatories are there out there? Other than the classic antidepressants and Racetams.

How would a hypothetical stack of such compounds look?

I'm thinking something like this:

20 mg Montelukast

3 grams Omega-3

300 mg Aprepitant

500 mg Aspirin

References:

------------------

Aspirin and omega-3 fatty acids work together to fight inflammation

https://www.scienced...30221141250.htm

Addition of aspirin to a fish oil-rich diet decreases inflammation and atherosclerosis in ApoE-null mice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27394692

Pharmacologic implications of inflammatory comorbidity in bipolar disorder.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/27400335

The role of substance P in stress and anxiety responses.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/16820980

Anti-inflammatory properties of montelukast, a leukotriene receptor antagonist in patients with asthma and nasal polyposis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/21370724

#2 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:39 PM

interesting the combo of aspirin and omega 3s. tho 500mg of aspirin is too much and bad for the stomach. probably adding high vit c dose too to the mix might help a bit.

first time i hear of aprepitant and since i read it helps with major depression, im interested now i wonder how likely it is to get it prescribed...

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 f099y

• 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2016 - 11:48 AM

I was on Montelukast for a month recently and while it worked fantastically for my allergies it quite certainly caused me some insomnia. I myself am planning on trying Ibudilast next in the hope that it may clear up some brain fog as Lostfalco has claimed it does. It also doesn't hurt that it helps for asthma and furthermore may alleviate dizziness.

I would use Montelukast again and for a longer period to see if any other effects start appearing, if I can afford it after I have bought all my other stuff.

#4 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:27 PM

Interesting! =) Ibudilast is another of those drugs that's going into my cabinet of interesting things, methinks!

Might it be synergistic with some of the above compounds? Could it be useful in a stack?

#5 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:34 PM

I was on Montelukast for a month recently and while it worked fantastically for my allergies it quite certainly caused me some insomnia. I myself am planning on trying Ibudilast next in the hope that it may clear up some brain fog as Lostfalco has claimed it does. It also doesn't hurt that it helps for asthma and furthermore may alleviate dizziness.

I would use Montelukast again and for a longer period to see if any other effects start appearing, if I can afford it after I have bought all my other stuff.

ive done ibudilast and whatever side effects you got from montelukast, its likely youll get them from ibudilast as well. overall not a significantly important drug but perhaps it might benefit those with asthma

#6 f099y

• 10 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:50 AM

ive done ibudilast and whatever side effects you got from montelukast, its likely youll get them from ibudilast as well. overall not a significantly important drug but perhaps it might benefit those with asthma

Damn I've been pinning quite a lot of hope on it lately. Especially after I saw it might help with some forms of dizziness above and beyond the potential brain fog alleviation.

God I just don't know what is wrong with my head, this bloody dizzy, blank, foggy feeling that is almost constantly present!

I just hope the neurologist finds something!

#7 Blackkzeus

• 210 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2016 - 05:40 AM

How was Ibudilast for cognition. ?

#8 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

the COX-1 and COX-inhibitors are not exactly novel, but they influence both NMDA and dopamine activity.

http://onlinelibrary....20241/abstract

#9 Lia-chan

• 53 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 01:01 AM

I'm also interested in creating of antineuroinflammatory stack.

Currently I take 2400 mg of NAC and also a hell lot of vitamin C.

Years ago, I've used to take Emoxypine and somewhy it's really helped me with brain fog, I think because somekind of mechanism is also involved in modulating NMDA/Dopamine activity and I REALLY can feel it. I mean I can feel that it works, right now I use 20mg of Memantine so I really don't want it to additionally mess with my NMDA activity. I think I'm even have soon will have to lower my daily dosage of Memantine because I've again started to take Atomoxetine, so sort of adjustment is also needed.

#10 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:05 AM

How was Ibudilast for cognition. ?

hard to tell since i was mixing it with several things. i brought it together with alinamin f from japan and i used both together and separately and i found out, alinamin f was much more potent better cognitive enhancer than ibudilast. but that is personal experience of course.

alinamin f is https://en.wikipedia...i/Fursultiamine

#11 Mind_Paralysis

• Topic Starter
  • 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

the COX-1 and COX-inhibitors are not exactly novel, but they influence both NMDA and dopamine activity.

http://onlinelibrary....20241/abstract

Interesting! I see that my old friend KYNA - Kynurenic Acid is involved here - apparently COX/COX-1 -inhibitors somehow decrease the levels of KYNA, thereby decreasing Dopaminergic fireing... hmmm....!

Now THIS could be useful...! Perhaps there's a COX-inhibitor which can decrease the effects of KYNA significantly?? Would be very useful for people with Schizophrenia (directly linked to abnormally high kyna-levels - which makes sense, since KYNA is an NMDA-antagonist)

Perhaps this might be what I need for a potential Bipolar-stack as well! Let's have a closer look here...

#12 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:59 AM

I came across this thread the other day that recommended Gulantamine has some potential for brain fog, but it's really expensive. Has anyone had any experience? I have normal fish oil at home 50/50 ratio, heard it was bad to take too much EPA though but if it helps with my brain fog I might give it a go with just EPA version!

Edited by KieranA001, 07 March 2017 - 10:16 AM.

#13 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:02 AM

i have galantamine for sell, its from the real actual source made in eastern europe and its not generic. i remember when i brought it it was kind of expensive but im willing to sell it half the price before next year's expiration date if anyone is interested

#14 KieranA001

• 403 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:14 AM

i have galantamine for sell, its from the real actual source made in eastern europe and its not generic. i remember when i brought it it was kind of expensive but im willing to sell it half the price before next year's expiration date if anyone is interested

What form is the galantamine in? If it's in form of pills then even better, I would be interested. If not then I will still be interested in this. 

#15 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:19 AM

its this one i brought in eastern europe when visiting; http://daibac.com/wp...ivalin-vien.jpg

i think i have around 60 tablets by 5mg exactly same box but written in Cyrillic.

i cannot recall how much i paid for it, it was a while ago, but they were quite expensive even for the standards there. anyway, expiration date is all the way to 2020 so if you are ever interested i can sell you some if you msg me i can give you my email and i use paypal

Edited by hazy, 09 March 2017 - 03:20 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#16 Elroy

• 35 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:43 AM

Has anyone tried Aprepitant? Blunting the stress response is exactly what I need.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montelukast, aprepitant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users