• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#31 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:44 PM

Actually, it may make some difference:

http://www.nutraingr...forms-work-best

However, if looking an endpoints, health benefits, etc., the difference in absorption may not matter so much (need studies for that).

The Nordic Naturals lemon-flavored ProOmega Liquid contains 2752 mg EPA + DHA per teaspoon, the most concentrated of any fish oil I've seen. reacted with ethanol to form the ethyl ester.

I believe all Nordic products are in either triglyceride or reconstituted trig form, no ethyl ester. As for concentration, the ProOmega is a little over 50% EPA/DHA, which is certainly decent, but not the most concentrated.

I'm looking for anyone that can do a good Enteric coated TG form (Softgel) from a reputable source. Any suggestions?

Maybe Fisol? You'd need to check if they are TG though. One problem I have with enteric forms is it's a pain to open a cap to taste it (good way to do a quick check against rancidity).

Meg-3 used to put out an enteric coated TG, but not sure if they still do. I think the Costco Meg-3 enteric is now EE.

Great info nameless!

The more important factor for me now is TG. I've mailed Epax to ask them who does a softgel TG (enteric just a bonus). I know and trust them. I think it's really important to know which supplier your supplement company is using.

I noticed the study you quoted above also used EPAX sourced oils.

#32 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

I'm pretty sure Bluebonnet puts out a line of EPAX rTG fish oils.

The supplier thing is important, when using no-name, store or iffy brands, I agree.

If going with a company like Nordic Naturals, Carlson or Minami, I wouldn't worry so much, as they are all considered good brands. They all make TG or rTG forms of fish oil too.

And for those of you unsure regarding TG and rTG, the lower dose forms typically are TG (based on what I've been told anyway), while the higher concentrates are rTG. Lower dose sometimes use flash distillation, while high concentrates use molecular (if that matters to anyone). While Minami uses supercritical and primarily makes EE oils, with one exception (Marinepa).

You'll need to check with Epax if anyone sells a true TG Epax oil, or if it's all rTG... not sure on that. Also not sure if it really matters.
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 MrSpud

• 268 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:06 AM

Here's what I think / know about the subject.

The first fish oil softgels that were commercially available, other than Cod Liver oil, were EPA/DHA 18%/12% in the triglyceride form. The fish oil came with about 2 IU per gram of D-Alpha Tocopherol added to it to prevent rancidity. The capsules were encapsulated with the oil being blanketed with nitrogen to keep the oil from accidently getting exposed to oxygen during encapsulation. There are a lot of old small clinical studies supporting this type of capsule. They were usually done with MaxEPA brand fish oil and the fish oil raw material came from Arista. Just do a search for MaxEPA in Google Scholar if you want to see all of the old original studies on this type of fish oil capsule and their effects on the body.

Then a Canadian company came up with a very successful marketing campaign where they promoted ethyl ester fish oil at the 18%/12% as being "Moleculary distilled" to purify the oil. It was basically slick marketing making people suspicious of impurities for any fish oil that wasn't molecularly distilled. Soon afterwards the ethyl ester fish oils took over the market. The previous leader in the market tried to fight back by showing that the old 18/12 triglyceride fish oil had better bioavailability in the body but they weren't successful in stopping the rise in popularity of the Molecilarly distilled ethyl ester type. After that came the higher potency ethyl esters with the EPA and DHA amounts specified and then the low cost 30% Omega 3 ethyl esters (with variable amounts of the different Omega 3's that totaled 30% but could be in a different ratio each time).

That's pretty much where it is still at today. But recently some companies that are still using fish oil either in the natural triglyceride form and/or reesterified triglyceride forms are starting to redo the bioavailability studies showing that the triglycerides are absorbed better. However, most companies are still just focusing on higher potency ethyl esters touting more EPA/DHA per capsule or are using the low cost 30% Omega 3 ones (which are sometimes ethyl ester and sometimes reesterified triglycerides). I guess the bioavailability isn't as marketable.

There ares also difference in the ways people come up with the amounts of Omega 3's in the products that confuses the issues more. Area percent assays versus assays with standards is one example. Another is adding just the EPA and DHA versus adding in a bunch of other lesser known Omega 3-s. Another little known thing is that if a manufacturer use triglycerides (either natural or reesterified to be condisered roughly the same as natural) then they are technically allowed a looser specification than with the synthetic ethyl esters. If it is considered natural the specification for the raw material and capsules can be as low as 80% of label claim but the synthetic has a spec of not less than 100%. If you look at the results from a recent fish oil study at Consumer Labs you will find that they failed a bunch of them for being less than 100% of their label claim, but if you look at the results you will see that the ones they failed are typically in that 80% range. Noone bothered to tell Consumer Labs, but if you dig enough you will find that many of these are the triglyceride ones and the manufacturers are using the 80% spec. The 80% rule is to allow for natural ingredients to have their natural variation but synthetic stuff is supposed to be 100% because there isn't "natural" variability. All of these differences in the ways the numbers or specifications can be done will throw off any comparison studies for bioavailability if you try to compare different products. You would have to do a controlled study with all of these variables being controlled for if you really wanted to know for sure what is going on.

Then there are the Krill type products where the Omega 3's are in a phospholipid form and/or the ones where they are chemically combining fish oil with phospholipids to duplicate the natural phospholipid Omega 3's. Those ones might end up being shown to be better than the triglycerides. It is early days for those ones though. The theories make sense though.

Just about all of the various fish oils use either D-Alpha Tocopherol or Mixed Tocopherols at 1 or 2 IU per gram to prevent oxidation of the fish oil raw material. The algal DHA typically uses ascorbyl palmitate and mixed tocopherols to keep the raw material from oxidizing. The encapsulators typically use some type of nitrogen blanketing of the oil during encapsulation to prevent oxidation. As long as they don't make leakers this is typically acceptable. If you take fish oil in high amounts you should take additional oil soluble antioxidants of different types to lessen the chance of oxidation in your body. At least take some form of Vitamin E. You don't have to take them at the same time though. This is for the long term. I don't think it would hurt anyone to take fish oil without antioxidants for short periods of time.

The only fish oil capsule I am aware of that doesn't have any antioxidants in the raw material to protect it when it is a raw material and during encapsulation is the prescription stuff. The original clinical trials for the prescription fish oil used purified ethyl ester fish oil with no antioxidants so they aren't allowed to change it without having to redo the drug applications and the clinicals. The material is so prone to oxidation that it's containers can't be opened before encapsulation and a much more elaborate nitrogen purging and blanketing system had to be devised to encapsulate it without ruining it. I'd definitely take extra oil soluble antioxidants with that one.

Then you have the enteric fish oils. In the beginning, they were said to be more bioavailable with less stomach acid degredation of the Omega 3's. But nowadays you just hear about the enteric coating just for stopping burping and indgestion. I think Fisol is still touting that the enteric coating protects the oil and results in about 3 times the bioavailability as non-enteric. They have a smaller capsule and claim it is as good as taking the bigger capsules of the non enteric (the product is in a 10 minim oval capsule rather than the typical 20 or 24 minim oblong). Most of the other enterics aren't touting this though and are big 20 or 24 oblongs or are very high potency ethyl esters in a 12 oval size and just claim to be equal to the regular potency larger fish oil capsules only in a smaller easier to swallow size with no mention of being more bioavailable. I'm not sure why. It might be TG versus EE or it might be true enteric coating (methacrylates or phthalates) versus semi enteric food grade enteric coating (ethylcellulose, alginates, shellac) or it might be that noone gets good sales touting bioavailability since the focus shifted to more Omega 3's per capsule instead.

Sorry if this post is confusing / rambling. Just trying to say a lot of different things at the same time.

Edited by MrSpud, 31 March 2011 - 04:54 AM.

• like x 3

#34 Recortes

• 131 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:59 AM

MrSpud,

impressive post. Thanks.
As for long term use what would be the most convenient approach, based on what we know now. Personally, I'm just taking a pill of krill oil+1pill fish oil to spread bets. However I'm thinking of replacing the cheap fish oil I buy for cod live oil, which looks more natural.

#35 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

Here's what I think / know about the subject.

Fantastic amount of good info in there MrSpud. Out of interest what do you take?

@Nameless - You are right, blue bonnet do a TG version of Epax

http://www.bluebonne...ormula_Softgels

Now the question remains whether to buy separate high EPA and low DHA and vice versa and then take them separately?

#36 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:32 PM

Really nice post there MrSpud.

I've wondered about natural variability of Omega 3s in some triglyceride forms of fish oil, and the 80% thing explains it. I've noticed the Eskimo brand lists this variable info on its label, but most manufacturers don't.

I find krill oil potentially interesting, but I think if it has a specific benefit, it may be due to the astaxanthin, not the Omega 3s. I recall a bioavailabilty study between krill and fish, and krill did absorb better -- but it was only like 50% or so more (forget exact amount, if anyone is interested, I can dig up the study). Due to the price differences, I'm not sure it is so cost effective.

There are also emulsified fish oils, which claim to absorb at a much higher rate. Coromega makes one and Barlean's make several. But even if the claims are true (9x greater absorption), there is also the question if 9x the absorption is even healthy. There could be immune suppression issues with such a high absorption, but that is getting off topic a bit...

Some things I've also wondered about:

Do oxidation values differ amongst varying types of Omega 3s? Would Algae DHA oxidize more than fish oil DHA (assuming same potency)? Or plant ALA less than fish oil EPA? Do oxidation values differ between ethyl ester and triglyceride fish oils?

Would higher potency fish oils oxidize more than an equal amount of low potency fish oil? Meaning would one Lovaza oxidize at the same rate as 2-3 low potency fish oils (all things being the same regarding antioxidants)? Or would concentrating the fish oil automatically make it more prone to oxidation, even versus an equivalent EPA/DHA amount in lower potency capsules?

#37 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21147710

The bioavailability of eicosapentaenoic acid from reconstituted triglyceride fish oil is higher than that obtained from the triglyceride and monoglyceride forms.

Wakil A, Mir M, Mellor DD, Mellor SF, Atkin SL.

Source

Hull Royal Infirmary, Michael White Diabetes Centre, Hull, UK. ammar.wakil@gmail.com

Abstract

Omega 3 fatty acids have healthcare benefits, but their absorption characteristics are not well defined, particularly for strategies to improve their bioavailability. We performed a double blind study comparing the bioavailability of 20% eicosapentaenoic acid in 4.5 grams of: natural triglyceride, reconstituted triglyceride, enzymatically synthesized triglyceride, monoglyceride and diglyceride. Seven healthy volunteers were given the supplements on five occasions while repeated measurements of eicosapentaenoic acid were taken to calculate the area under the curve for the next 24 hours. There was a significant difference between the mean of calculated area under the curve of eicosapentaenoic acid from reconstituted triglyceride (30.2) and that of the enzymatically synthesized triglyceride (11.9) and monoglyceride (13.4), z=-2.36 and -2.19, respectively, p<0.05. In summary, eicosapentaenoic acid bioavailability of chemically reconstituted triglycerides was better than that obtained from enzymatically synthesized triglyceride and monoglyceride.

#38 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:19 PM

BTW I'm now taking the Blue Bonnet heart one.

http://www.bluebonne...ormula_Softgels

Not sure if it's TG or rTG and if it matters.

#39 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:21 PM

Nameless, (and others). What do you think of Minami's claims about the superiority of Supercrtitical CO2? Is it as important as they making out?

http://www.minami-nu...on.com/website/

#40 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

Are the EPA and DHA fats much more oxidizing than the PUFA fats from plant sources?

If not, this whole conversation sounds stupid. You take only a couple of grams of fish oil. That is a tiny amount compared to what you get from eating many plant foods.

Edited by hivemind, 28 November 2011 - 10:58 PM.

#41 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:25 AM

Are the EPA and DHA fats much more oxidizing than the PUFA fats from plant sources?

If not, this whole conversation sounds stupid. You take only a couple of grams of fish oil. That is a tiny amount compared to what you get from eating many plant foods.

I believe the oxidation chain basically goes ALA -> EPA -> DHA, with DHA being most prone to oxidation due to the number of bonds.

Also keep in mind you are eating non-rancid plants (hopefully) while fish oil is... well, oil, processed and then stored. If not processed and stored properly, oxidation can be a concern.

Oxidation is also of some concern with plant oils too, such as flax (why it's usually refrigerated) and olive oil.

As for Supercritical extraction, I honestly am not sure. I do know that Minami has stellar oxidation numbers. But if it really matters compared to a standard oil... again, not sure. Mr. Spud may know more on that subject. Unfortunately Minami oils are super expensive in general, even more than Nordic Naturals.

#42 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:52 AM

Nameless, (and others). What do you think of Minami's claims about the superiority of Supercrtitical CO2? Is it as important as they making out?

http://www.minami-nu...on.com/website/

Supercritical CO2 is a good extraction method, but is it really all that much better? They don't quote any numbers; if it was really that much better, it would show up in the final product. When Consumer Reports (not Consumers Lab) looked at a large number of fish oils, they found contamination to be a non-problem across the board. It's possible they were only looking at EE oils, though. It was a few years ago.

The propensity for oxidation increases exponentially with each added double bond. EPA has five double bonds, and DHA has six. These are the most highly unsaturated oils humans are likely to encounter in any significant quantity, and oxidation really is an issue. ALA has only three double bonds, so it is better from that perspective, but still susceptible to oxidation. Flax oil can be (and is) used to varnish furniture. It dries via air oxidation.

Edited by niner, 29 November 2011 - 02:54 AM.

#43 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:18 AM

Supercritical CO2 is a good extraction method, but is it really all that much better? They don't quote any numbers; if it was really that much better, it would show up in the final product. When Consumer Reports (not Consumers Lab) looked at a large number of fish oils, they found contamination to be a non-problem across the board. It's possible they were only looking at EE oils, though. It was a few years ago.

When Minami used to have a separate US website, they did list their peroxide, etc. numbers for each product line, and their numbers were very good. But I don't see that site anymore, and their regular site doesn't seem to have that info. Or if it does, it's buried very well. But even if it is better, it may not be so much better to really make a big difference. I guess if anyone is really interested, just send an email to Minami? I bet they'll supply info on their oxidation numbers.

That old Consumer Reports article is mentioned a lot, but did they specifically look at oxidation levels, or simply contamination? I forget what they even measured exactly...

#44 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:27 AM

That old Consumer Reports article is mentioned a lot, but did they specifically look at oxidation levels, or simply contamination? I forget what they even measured exactly...

My recollection is that it was mercury and PCBs. Maybe organics in general, but I don't remember oxidation being a parameter they looked at. It's certainly worth knowing. Has anyone done a survey of oxidation levels in various fish oils? Do we have a good sense of what's a safe or harmful level? As an aside, I can't believe that some people take Megadeath doses of fish oil, like 15 grams a day. That can't be good. I hope they have some good antioxidants on board.

#45 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:08 AM

ConsumerLab has done surveys of oxidation levels.

IFOS has even better surveys, but they do not have so many brands:
http://www.ifosprogr...umerReport.aspx

Edited by hivemind, 29 November 2011 - 05:09 AM.

#46 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 November 2011 - 09:29 AM

The propensity for oxidation increases exponentially with each added double bond. EPA has five double bonds, and DHA has six. These are the most highly unsaturated oils humans are likely to encounter in any significant quantity, and oxidation really is an issue. ALA has only three double bonds, so it is better from that perspective, but still susceptible to oxidation. Flax oil can be (and is) used to varnish furniture. It dries via air oxidation.

Interesting, is it really that simple as oxidation increasing exponentially with double bonds?

Also more importantly with regards to oxidation and TG vs EE. is TG or rTG significantly less oxidizing? (I'm assuming EE and TG have the same number of double bonds for a given substance eg EPA)? Not sure if that assumption is correct..

#47 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

Interesting, is it really that simple as oxidation increasing exponentially with double bonds?

Also more importantly with regards to oxidation and TG vs EE. is TG or rTG significantly less oxidizing? (I'm assuming EE and TG have the same number of double bonds for a given substance eg EPA)? Not sure if that assumption is correct..

There are complexities involving the exact position of each double bond, but for the common oils, it's reasonable to view it as oxidation increasing exponentially with double bond count. As for TG vs EE, there is probably a minor difference, but I doubt that it matters very much, since chemically, triglycerides are esters. TG and rTG should be identical unless there's a significant difference in the structure of the molecule. They'll both be glycerol esters, and they will at least have the same proportion of fatty acids, though it's possible that the ordering of different fatty acids on the glycerol backbone could be altered. I don't think that would matter a lot for oxidation.
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#48 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

I would think rTG and EE (high concentrates) would be more oxidizing than TG, but not in relation to the bonds. But simply because TG oils aren't really concentrated, hence less EPA/DHA... leading to less oxidation.

What I wonder if there is any difference in oxidation between high concentrates vs low concentrates, at equal EPA/DHA levels?

Ex. 60% concentrate vs 30% concentrate, or let's say two 600mg EPA/DHA rTG capsules vs four 300mg EPA/DHA TG capsules.

#49 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:19 PM

"Omega-3 Bioavailability: Is One Form of Omega-3 More Bioavailable than Another?"

Link:

http://www.nutrition...ows-form-5-8249

Edited by pycnogenol, 29 November 2011 - 07:20 PM.

#50 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

I would think rTG and EE (high concentrates) would be more oxidizing than TG, but not in relation to the bonds. But simply because TG oils aren't really concentrated, hence less EPA/DHA... leading to less oxidation.

There are concentrated TG oils. They are the most expensive products on the market.

If the oil is not concentrated, then you need to take more, so there is as much oxidation.

Edited by hivemind, 29 November 2011 - 07:35 PM.

#51 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

There are concentrated TG oils. They are the most expensive products on the market.

If the oil is not concentrated, then you need to take more, so there is as much oxidation.

Yeah, but aren't concentrated TG oils then converted to rTG oils? IE. Nordic Naturals?

I thought TG oils typically remained at their original concentration, as found in nature. And also due to this fact, there is actually some variation between batches, even for the same exact product.

And yep, you would need to take more of a lower concentrate. And logically, one would say oxidation would be equal. Just wondering if that is the case or has ever been measured. Or if the opposite could possibly be true... less capsules, less oxidation, due to less fats overall, since the lower concentrates do have equal fats, just not as much EPA/DHA as high concentrates.

#52 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

Yeah, but aren't concentrated TG oils then converted to rTG oils? IE. Nordic Naturals?

Yes, Nordic Naturals has concentrated TG oils.

Edited by hivemind, 29 November 2011 - 10:28 PM.

#53 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:31 AM

http://jn.nutrition....30/12/3028.full

There seems to be no real difference in oxidation between the TG and EE oils. It is just marketing jargon used to sell those expensive concentrated TG oils. :)

Edited by hivemind, 06 December 2011 - 05:31 AM.

#54 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:52 AM

http://jn.nutrition....30/12/3028.full

There seems to be no real difference in oxidation between the TG and EE oils. It is just marketing jargon used to sell those expensive concentrated TG oils. :)

Study does illustrate the need for supplementing with Vit E when taking fish oils, especially if someone is taking high doses.

I think you misunderstood what I meant by my statement above, which looking back, probably wasn't even worth mentioning in the first place. I simply meant that TG oils, by their nature, are low dose EPA/DHA. And low dose fish oils should naturally be less oxidizing than rTG or high dose concentrate EE (in the body)... since they have less EPA/DHA.

rTG is different than TG. It's what is found in high concentrates, such as Nordic Naturals. They fiddle around with fish oil, turn it back into triglyceride, but with a higher concentrate than found naturally.

TG oils actually aren't very expensive. You can find them at the same price as EE, such as from Carlson or Barleans.

rTG on the other hand may be expensive, but usually it's for a reason. Nordic's oxidiation numbers are excellent, for instance. Now, oxidation inside the body may still be an issue, but at least you aren't getting rancid fish oil going in.

There are studies showing that rTG oils do absorb to a greater extent than EE fish oils do (listed in this same exact thread), by the way. End result may not matter, as for health endpoints, but there is some difference. I wouldn't just chalk it all up to marketing-speak.

Edited by nameless, 06 December 2011 - 05:57 AM.

#55 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:03 AM

There are studies showing that rTG oils do absorb to a greater extent than EE

Isn't this just a marginal difference? Not worth the price difference. You can always take a little more EE to get the same absorbed amount.

Nordic's oxidiation numbers are excellent, for instance.

So are the oxidation numbers of many cheaper EE oil brands, but I was only referring to the claim that rTG causes less oxidation. That claim is just a baseless marketing claim.

Edited by hivemind, 06 December 2011 - 06:19 AM.

#56 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:20 AM

There are studies showing that rTG oils do absorb to a greater extent than EE

Isn't this just a marginal difference? Not worth the price difference. You can always take a little more EE to get the same absorbed amount.

It's not a giant difference, but it is somewhat more than marginal in my opinion. But yep, one could take more EE if that's what they preferred. Some people may prefer less capsules daily so would go for a higher concentrate. One could also argue that EE is better, since the majority of studies use that form.

Nordic's oxidiation numbers are excellent, for instance.

So are the oxidation numbers of many cheaper EE oil brands.

If you have oxidation numbers on cheaper brands, can you post them? Unfortunately I've found it difficult to get actual oxidation numbers on any low concentrates. All I get back is 'Peroxide levels are within standard ranges'. Which if I recall right, is < 5.0.

The more expensive brands are quite a bit lower than that. Doesn't mean cheaper brands aren't good too, just that they don't seem to provide their oxidation numbers so readily.

#57 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:50 AM

If you have oxidation numbers on cheaper brands, can you post them? Unfortunately I've found it difficult to get actual oxidation numbers on any low concentrates. All I get back is 'Peroxide levels are within standard ranges'. Which if I recall right, is < 5.0.

The more expensive brands are quite a bit lower than that. Doesn't mean cheaper brands aren't good too, just that they don't seem to provide their oxidation numbers so readily.

There are some brands.

Cheaper brands do not spend as much money to marketing and lab tests. However, they usually sell the same stuff made in the same factories. There must be a few big factories that process the oil for all the brands. If a brand has it's own factory, then the amounts produced are small and price is high, even if the quality was not better in any way.

Edited by hivemind, 06 December 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#58 nameless

• 2,268 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:12 AM

There are some brands.

Cheaper brands do not spend as much money to marketing and lab tests. However, they usually sell the same stuff made in the same factories. There must be a few big factories that process the oil for all the brands. If a brand has it's own factory, then the amounts produced are small and price is high, even if the quality was not better in any way.

Thanks for the link. It's been a while since I checked out that site, and I see they have a bit more brands listed now. Although unfortunately they are missing a lot of brands, especially the cheaper brands of fish oil -- Costco, Natrol, etc. I always wondered how their numbers are.

And yeah, there are only so many 'fish factories' around and many manufacturers all get their fish oil from the same places. But it's like pulling teeth sometimes trying to get a manufacturer to tell you which source they use.

#59 Matt79

• 171 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

Very interesting. We need a database of suppliers and which products they supply. I know Blue Bonnet use EPAX TG range.

Out of interest, since I switched to the Blue Blonnet's (from different EPAX EE supplier) my arthritic symptoms have been worse. In fact, I had almost zero practical symptoms of the disease, [remission]. I use high dose Fish OIl to control the condition, however it could *very* easily be unrelated to wouldn't read to much into it.

Lastly I wonder who supplies most academic studies? I'd wish they'd specify if it was EE or rTG or TG etc. and the concentration levels.

Edited by Matt79, 06 December 2011 - 10:13 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 hivemind

• 417 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

I like concentrated products because they have less PCB, dioxins and other toxins.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users