What is good for focus and alertness

focus

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Pesmark

• 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:20 AM

I have read that omega 3 fish oil is supposed to help with focus and attention so i started taking it a few months ago. Is there any thing better ? if you think omega 3 is good can you recomend a good brand. thanks

#2 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 05:41 AM

If you can get a scrip or don't mind buying from India, Modafinil.

Otherwise, Adrafinil.

• Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:08 AM

Caffeine and Theanine combo

or

Bulletproof coffee

#4 Baten

• 785 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 09:49 AM

Coffee coffee coffee, all the way. As long as you don't get the jitters easily.

• Agree x 1

#5 gamesguru

• 3,465 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 11:11 AM

I've started adding royal jelly to my bulletproof teas and coffees, the effect is even more energy and mental clarity.  Other recommendations include anionic Zn & Mg, ginkgo, gotu kola, ginseng, bacopa and cbd

#6 motorcitykid

• 276 posts

Posted 09 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

Fish Oil, Pycnogenol, B-complex, Zinc, Mg,

These three work well together: Rhodiola, Ashwaganda, Schisandra.

Make sure you use a reputable brand or you'll get a lot of filler. 

Edited by motorcitykid, 09 December 2016 - 04:59 PM.

#7 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 December 2016 - 06:36 PM

I'm constantly baffled by people that recommend caffeine, even with Theanine. Apparently it works for them but makes me all sorts of scatterbrained. Theanine makes me feel stupid.

For me caffeine is beyond useless for anything that requires focus. Great for web surfing and chasing rabbit holes, horrible for studying or coding.

• like x 1

#8 Jim Pesmark

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2016 - 08:56 AM

I'm constantly baffled by people that recommend caffeine, even with Theanine. Apparently it works for them but makes me all sorts of scatterbrained. Theanine makes me feel stupid.

For me caffeine is beyond useless for anything that requires focus. Great for web surfing and chasing rabbit holes, horrible for studying or coding.

So what do you use for focus or studying ?

#9 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:11 PM

So what do you use for focus or studying ?

Personally, I think Adrafinil is amazing. And the Dopamine boost leaves me with a calm confidence the next day. Love it.

But don't use it every day because you will become tolerant to it.

• Agree x 1

#10 jack black

• 1,294 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 December 2016 - 04:30 PM

i agree. caffeine is only great to combat sleepiness and improve physical endurance.

by increasing cAMP, it worsens the PFC functioning: https://www.scienced...70420143324.htm

that makes any ADHD symptoms worse.

i stopped drinking coffee (save for decaf) and my functioning improved.

Edited by jack black, 10 December 2016 - 04:32 PM.

#11 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

Noopept (especially intranasally).

Phenylpiracetam with a good choline source.

Low dose Modafinil with strong coffee mixed with MCT Oil Powder.

Actually, I'd include intranasal insulin.

#12 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:24 AM

Caffeine can help, but dose is key. Easy to overdose. Modafinl also in moderation. Both help my mood also.

Edited by tintinet, 11 December 2016 - 03:25 AM.

#13 LiveWell

• 89 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 December 2016 - 12:34 PM

i agree. caffeine is only great to combat sleepiness and improve physical endurance.

by increasing cAMP, it worsens the PFC functioning: https://www.scienced...70420143324.htm

that makes any ADHD symptoms worse.

i stopped drinking coffee (save for decaf) and my functioning improved.

That's fascinating. At this point, I should probably look at what other substances increase cAMP and start avoiding those. Yes, I was diagnosed with Adult ADHD at 39yo. Thanks @JackBlack!

I enjoy Adrafinil and want to try Modafinil but hesitate to buy it from India. Does anyone have a good source for it, without a scrip?

#14 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

Modafinilstar has a thread on this site

http://www.longecity...-modafinilstar/

I've received a sample from them that I'll be trying out tomorrow. So far, my experience with them has been good.

Previous post:

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:54 PM
Love it for motivation, focus, energy, appetite suppression at 100 mg at start of work and another 50 mg late morning.

Going to try Modalert from Modafinilstar. Just received sample from them yesterday. They were shipped 1 December from Bangalore.

The packs look quite new with manufacturing date 9/2016 and expiration 8/2018.

I'll try the Modalert next week when I'm back at work and update.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 Synaptik

• 80 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 02:30 PM

I always thought Phenibut was good for mood and motivation. The effects started to wane a little bit however, even though I was only using it once/week. Come to think of it, the decreasing effect might have been a result of the product getting close to expiry?

Edited by Synaptik, 12 December 2016 - 02:32 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: focus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users