- - - - -

Microdose lithium timing / long-term usage

lithium

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 04:47 PM

I tried my first dose of Memory Protect yesterday. Broke up the capsule and took it gradually throughout the day. Woke up today feeling worse than usual. Did not take more MP, did take Proline rich polypeptides with my morning herbs and supps. Then Bulletproof Coffee. Now feeling MUCH worse. Excessive thirst and dizziness. I wonder if the PRPs did something, I did fine with them before trying MP.

This thread is about microdosing lithium.  

I don't see any reason to break up the MP colostrinin throughout the day.  I would think it would be best taken with a meal in a single dose.  I think it's impossible for anyone to have any insight into your personal situation with very vague symptoms like "feeling much worse".  Much worse can mean anything.  Is that dizziness?  Is that vomiting?  Is that nausea?  Is that cold sweats?  Who knows.  And given the other variables, it's impossible to even know.

I would eliminate the bulletproof coffee from the equation.

Edited by prophets, 11 June 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#32 Omega 3 Snake Oil

• 257 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2017 - 05:59 PM

I tried my first dose of Memory Protect yesterday. Broke up the capsule and took it gradually throughout the day. Woke up today feeling worse than usual. Did not take more MP, did take Proline rich polypeptides with my morning herbs and supps. Then Bulletproof Coffee. Now feeling MUCH worse. Excessive thirst and dizziness. I wonder if the PRPs did something, I did fine with them before trying MP.

This thread is about microdosing lithium.  

I don't see any reason to break up the MP colostrinin throughout the day.  I would think it would be best taken with a meal in a single dose.  I think it's impossible for anyone to have any insight into your personal situation with very vague symptoms like "feeling much worse".  Much worse can mean anything.  Is that dizziness?  Is that vomiting?  Is that nausea?  Is that cold sweats?  Who knows.  And given the other variables, it's impossible to even know.

I would eliminate the bulletproof coffee from the equation.

The supplement in question contains 300 micrograms of lithium ororate; I believe this qualified as microdosing.

The reason I broke it up and took it throughout the day is I was worried about having a bad initial reaction; thus, taking say 1/5 of the capsule, or 60 micrograms, would be a safer place to start than the full 300 mcg. 

As I said in my last post, "much worse" consists of dizziness and excessive thirst. 

When you say eliminate BP Coffee from the equation, do you mean stop having it, or stop considering it as a trigger for my neuro symptoms?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:43 PM

bulletproof coffee causes headaches dizzyness and such ive experienced it too especially when you mix it with new products that you dont know how they will react

• like x 1

#34 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 08:57 PM

The supplement in question contains 300 micrograms of lithium ororate; I believe this qualified as microdosing.

The reason I broke it up and took it throughout the day is I was worried about having a bad initial reaction; thus, taking say 1/5 of the capsule, or 60 micrograms, would be a safer place to start than the full 300 mcg. 

As I said in my last post, "much worse" consists of dizziness and excessive thirst. 

When you say eliminate BP Coffee from the equation, do you mean stop having it, or stop considering it as a trigger for my neuro symptoms?

The proline rich proteins are not lithium.  They are the colostrinin.  Lithium is not colostrinin.  Colostrinin comes from breast milk in the early days postnatal.  Theoretically, it should be considered part of infant nutrition in the early days of life.  To me, that means it should be consumed with a meal, although I have no data to explain administrative benefits with or without a meal.  The papers on colostrinin all seem to indicate taken once a day and not broken up over several.  I don't know why breaking it up would be beneficial and I think having it part of a digestive meal makes the most sense to me.

I say eliminate BP Coffee.  I don't know (or really think) dizziness and excessive thirst are necessarily neurological problems.

#35 brosci

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:52 AM

I'm on around day 23 of the LEF memory protect supplement -- as far as I can tell, it jives well with my system.  I've been crushing it around the office and recently took up working toward an advanced degree.  I'm not sure if I'll keep buying into the product or if these effects are correlated, but it's been great.

Right now, I'm taking the product after breakfast.  Usually I have morning coffee around 9am or so, breakfast around noon, then another cup of coffee between breakfast and dinner.  This is somewhere in the neighborhood of 40-50g of coffee grounds, supplying something like 400mg of caffeine.  I've been meaning to buy more decaf and cut back (with less of a caffeine tolerance, I can get just as much stimulation, if not more from a measly 10-20g/d @ ~2x 80mg.)

I would tend to think your potential effects are Nocebo-related or some reaction to "inactive" filler.  I tend to be pretty prone toward the nocebo effect, myself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nocebo

Edit:  I should add, I usually start the morning with 3-5g of sea salt with ~1g lo-salt, supplying ~1-2g of sodium.  I tend to be very salt-insensitive and eat low-carb with very low fasting insulin.  This practice seems to ward off any muscle cramping or excess thirst and avoids higher heart-rates during fasted exercise.  I feel like it also keeps morning cortisol lower, ultimately paradoxically lowering my BP to around 90/60 or so.  This allows me to use less salt in my meals (which tends to be high when doing IF + low carb) and seems to help spare potassium / magnesium / calcium.  Ymmv.

Edited by brosci, 12 June 2017 - 05:57 AM.

#36 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:05 PM

brosci, on 21 Apr 2017 - 6:28 PM, said:snapback.png

What are your thoughts on the Orotic Acid in Li Orotate?

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Orotic_acid

"Orotic acid can be mutagenic in mammalian somatic cells. It is also mutagenic for bacteria and yeast."  It was mentioned to potentially raise ammonia levels, have an acidifying effect, and deplete alpha-ketoglutarate (where I've read that higher levels of alpha-ketoglutarate promote longevity.)

I switched to 5 mg/d of  Li-aspartate (to avoid orotate).  I could only find orotate locally, but the aspartate is available on the web. (I would say where, but a lot of my posts have disappeared--possibly from mentioning a vendor)

Would it be best to time this before breakfast (empty stomach), with a meal during the day, or before bed?

OPC grape seed extract taken at night will  increase NAMPT , but taken in the morning has the opposite effect and will lower NAMPT.  Since Li may also increases NAMPT,  I assume it's best taken at bedtime.

OPC grape seed extract increases NAD+

Circadian Clock Feedback Cycle Through NAMPT-Mediated NAD+ Biosynthesis

Attached File  Nampt.jpg   17.99KB   0 downloads

NAMPT (nicotinamide phosphoribosyltransferase) is the rate-limiting enzyme that converts NAM (nicotinamide) to NMN (nicotinamide mononucleotide) which converts to NAD+ (oxidized Nicotinamide dinucleotide). 

Edited by RWhigham, 08 September 2017 - 10:17 PM.

• Informative x 1

#37 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:22 PM

but taken in the morning has the opposite effect and will lower NAMPT. 

Sorry, I can't find the reference for this at the moment.

Edited by RWhigham, 08 September 2017 - 10:23 PM.

#38 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 09 September 2017 - 12:10 AM

FWIW.  I take a microdose of lithium first thing in the morning.

#39 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 09 September 2017 - 03:51 AM

i was taking high doses of Li orotate up to 40mg for mania, depression and psychosis and it didnt help at all, in fact, it made me feeling more strange the next day without the ability to experience any pleasure from anything really. anyway, it didnt really work for its purported purpose as you can tell, in quite high dose, how the hell does microdosing do anything at all??

#40 Moondancer

• 188 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2017 - 02:09 AM

brosci, on 21 Apr 2017 - 6:28 PM, said:snapback.png

What are your thoughts on the Orotic Acid in Li Orotate?

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Orotic_acid

"Orotic acid can be mutagenic in mammalian somatic cells. It is also mutagenic for bacteria and yeast."  It was mentioned to potentially raise ammonia levels, have an acidifying effect, and deplete alpha-ketoglutarate (where I've read that higher levels of alpha-ketoglutarate promote longevity.)

I switched to 5 mg/d of  Li-aspartate (to avoid orotate).  I could only find orotate locally, but the aspartate is available on the web. (I would say where, but a lot of my posts have disappeared--possibly from mentioning a vendor)

Why did you switch to 5mg instead of 1.5 mg lithium, as the Japanese study indicated 1.5mg lithium lowered the mortality rate with 8 percent? Concerns about bioavailabilty or since a lot more lithium was taken in the Alzheimer studies?

Edited by Moondancer, 15 September 2017 - 02:11 AM.

#41 RWhigham

• 509 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:21 AM

Why did you switch to 5mg instead of 1.5 mg lithium, as the Japanese study indicated 1.5mg lithium lowered the mortality rate

See this thread's Post #4    This article says 10-20 mg per day of lithium orotate can regrow the neurons in your brain. I compromised on 5 mg per day.

Edited by RWhigham, 15 September 2017 - 04:22 AM.

#42 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:53 AM

but i havent noticed anything from even 40mg per day. why is this justified against psychosis, mania and such but didnt work for me? am i such a special case??

• Off-Topic x 2

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#43 Leni

• 63 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

I've been microdosing Lithium (aspartate; 5mg) for quite some time too. I'm confused now if there is any consensus if it is better taken in the morning on an empty stomach or with breakfast, or in the evening, and whether it may be better to cycle Lithium or not. 

• unsure x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lithium

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users