• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Treating ADD with Medication, interesting reaction....

add long term dexedrine benzodiazepine tolerance medication adhd stimulant prescription treament

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Background:

Diagnosed with ADD, and prescribed the same medication, i'm now on most therapeutic dose to manage my symptoms, slowing increasing spanning the last 6 years. 

I had hit the point with the medication a year ago, were the side effects are more noticeable than the benefits. And was prescribed a benzo to ease side effects allowing me to notice the benefits as I did before...

Results:

Benzo have completely enabled me to reap the benefits once again, but alternatively have their own side effects. Which I can live with (Don't abuse my prescriptions, I've tried, not enjoyable) I am currently prescribed 60mg Dexedrine and 1-2 mg Xanax daily. And I'm hoping to get at least another 6 years of relief with this combination!

Question:

Why is it that when I take either medication alone, I get a completely dysfunctional and ineffective relief of symptoms. It's only when I have taken them together I feel the medications are worth taking and begin to see relief and function normally? 

PLEASE OFFER ANY PLAUSIBLE EXPLANATION AS TO WHY?

Disclaimer:

Don't Drink alcohol, smoke weed or do drugs

I exercise regularly

Diet could be better, not terrible 

Fit for my age 24

I use vitamins and supplements but none that interact 

No other physical or mental issues

#2 EminJahovic

• 5 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:20 PM

I've read somewhere that benzo and amphetamines cancel each other , have you tried not taking anyone ?

Edited by EminJahovic, 03 January 2017 - 05:23 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Doc Psychoillogical

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

You're right, and incorrect! There are certain "mechanisms/effects" of both medications which do have a canceling effect but for the most part work separately in & on brain... 

If you mean, have i tried not taken either?

Yes..

I have, I feel and function much worst than normal:( 

@EminJahovic Thanks for the input

#4 EminJahovic

• 5 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:19 AM

According to wikipidia

" Administration of alprazolam compared lorazepam, has been demonstrated to elicit a statistically significant increase in extracellular dopamine D1 and D2 concentrations in the striatum.[82][83] "

and indierctly lowers norepinipherine which involved in some side effects related to stimulants .

I think you have reached the balanced state .

What do you think ?

Edited by EminJahovic, 04 January 2017 - 02:20 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 Doc Psychoillogical

• Topic Starter
  • 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:25 AM

According to wikipidia

" Administration of alprazolam compared lorazepam, has been demonstrated to elicit a statistically significant increase in extracellular dopamine D1 and D2 concentrations in the striatum.[82][83] "

and indierctly lowers norepinipherine which involved in some side effects related to stimulants .

I think you have reached the balanced state .

What do you think ?

Yeah, I do believe so!

Hence the resurgence of therapeutic effects from my medication...

I also have found research & studies all eliciting the same effects you've quoted.

I guess a question still remains,

Is there a way to benefit & return to taking just Dexedrine 60mg daily?

Without having to augment with alprazolam/benzodiazepine in order to benefit??

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: add, long term, dexedrine, benzodiazepine, tolerance, medication, adhd, stimulant, prescription, treament

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users