- - - - -

Ex-Drug Addict Recovery Plan

meds drugs supplements

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shplongl

• 22 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

Hello, long time lurker here looking for input on supplements I could add to my regimen to potentially help my brain recover from long term drug use. 

I have been clean for 9 months. I am a former IV methamphetamine addict, alcoholic and occasional heroin user, though I have put many substances of ill repute into my body.

I am diagnosed with OCD, MDD and PTSD. I think my drug use stemmed as a coping mechanism to deal with these diagnoses. 

Life is very good now, overall. My main gripes are memory issues, reoccurring depression and motivation issues. I have trouble staying on task as well. 

I experience anorgasmia (or don't experience ;) which I think is likely tied to the SSRI. I am hesitant to lower my dosage anytime soon, though my doctor advised me I could do that, or raise my dose of Wellbutrin.

Currently I take

Wellbutrin 150mg XL for depression

Lexapro 20mg for depression/OCD 

Gabapentin 1800mg spaced 600 tid for anxiety

Ashwagandha 2 pills at night

Fish oil

I have a bunch of supplements sitting around, but I am hesitant to dive into them as I have a tendency to become overly obsessed with them, which is why I am seeking others perspectives on the matter.

I don't eat much, but when I do it is fairly health. I exercise, though I could always exercise more. 

I am open to any critique you may offer. Thank you! 

Edited by shplongl, 06 January 2017 - 08:44 AM.

#2 Jason Long

• Guest Examfit Proprietor
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

Welcome.

Friend of mine has regained most of his previous mental clarity with nootropics, but he was a heavy marijuana and alchocol user. He find perfect stacked with noopept, alcar, ps, adaptogens, huperzine-a..., but the problem is you cannot combined nootropics with all the prescription drugs you are taking....
Great regards, J.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 shplongl

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:22 AM

Yes that is something I need to take into consideration. In the future I plan on reducing prescription drug dosages and possibly even getting of off them, but at the moment they really help me.

#4 shplongl

• Topic Starter
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:49 PM

An update.

Clean just shy of one year. I am really struggling with motivation, I have next to none. I sleep a lot. Not much seems to stimulate me.

I have continued to take nsi for about 2 months and it seems to help. Wellbutrin helps, but anything higher than 150mg feels to much like a shitty stimulant.

I do light exercise daily and work part time. I eat healthy.

Been taking ashwagandha, bacopa, curcumin and lions mane lately. Just started rhodiola yesterday and that helped a lot.

I am thinking of purchasing armodafinil.

Can anyone chime in on things that may help me?

Meth is no joke. I don't ever want to go back to that life.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

#5 PeaceAndProsperity

• 1,194 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

While I hope for your success I am afraid that much of it is permanent, to do with loss of brain cells, synapses, etc.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#6 Neo99

• 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:36 PM

For substances that abuse your dopamine supply, L-Tyrosine is key. Converts to L-dopa using Vit B6, then converts to dopamine. Seems to take about 2 to 3 hours after consumption. Dosage is key. Not at the tiny capsule doses u see from most suppliment stores. In Canada it can be bought bulk in 1 lb bags for 25$ and has the 5g scoop included. Most places sell in 100mg capsules and is the main reason why people don't see benefits. From what I know you can't OD on the stuff and I do know someone that takes it along side an MAOI but check with your doctor. Take 5g on an empty stomach. You will need a snack in half a hour though. Makes most people hungry.
To up regulate dopamine receptors or return them to sensitivity, Blue Lotus Flower (contains Apomorphine, which is in no relation to morphine, so no risk to opiod addicts). Rather than making tea grind some in a mortar n pestal and take 250 mg to 1g (looks like maybe half a teaspoon). Just add to cold water and drink. Just start low and then increase. Do it in the morning as in will keep you up. I do not have info on MAOI interaction for this one. I know people that have suffered from, seemed like permanent damage and feel like new again. Clear thinking, anxiety disappears and libido returns with a vegance. I apologize for the punctuation. Typing on a BB I find iritating.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: meds, drugs, supplements

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users