- - - - -

Eggs & mayo making me depressed

eggs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:34 AM

Everytime i take eggs and mayo i suffer a very bad mood (normally i'm quite "empty" feeling, but after eggs i get this i'm done feeling).

I know that cholinergic depression is a thing, but does dietetary choline actually somehow increase brain choline in a linear fashion?

Also doesn't coffee have 500mg choline per cup? I drink 5 - 6 coffees a day, so that is around 3 - 4 grams of choline right there.

#2 monowav

• 66 posts
  • NO

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:41 PM

Coffee stimulates DA and NA release, which should counterbalance ACh in the brain for a bit. Ch is in the eggs and mayo (unless it's vegan mayo), are you intolerant to eggs? Are you taking any AChEI's?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 vader

• Topic Starter
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:26 AM

Coffee stimulates DA and NA release, which should counterbalance ACh in the brain for a bit. Ch is in the eggs and mayo (unless it's vegan mayo), are you intolerant to eggs? Are you taking any AChEI's?

I did react on a skin prick test to eggs. Not sure the validity of such a test, but given that eggs give me depression, i don't eat them most of the time.

#4 iseethelight

• 238 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

Egg yolks are probably the most concentrated food choline source known to man. Choline is a well known depression inducer and mood killer.

• Agree x 1

#5 birthdaysuit

• 299 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:01 AM

Egg yolks are probably the most concentrated food choline source known to man. Choline is a well known depression inducer and mood killer.

Damn, that's why eggs always made me feel so morbid. Why do some people experience this and others do not?

#6 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 05:40 AM

https://www.reddit.c...trimental_to_a/

See my comments about soy isoflavones in eggs

• Off-Topic x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Junk Master

• 1,032 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 03:24 AM

So if you choose to continue eating eggs, why not put that choline to use?  I can think of a few racetams that suck it UP.  Eggs/mayo on a Keto diet plus exogenous MCT powder mixed with coffee and phenylpiracetam =  leg day!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: eggs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users