• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What's the consensus on semax and similar peptides?

semax nootropic

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brosci

• 269 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:56 PM

I've been curious about the semax sprays (N-Acetyl-Semax & N-Acetyl-Semax-Amidate), but I'm not sure how safe / well-researched these are.

Lately, I could really use a boost in terms of focus / clarity while working in software dev on projects that are a little over my head.  I'm sort of forcing my motivation to be higher by simply putting in the hours and eliminating the temptation / chance for distractions, but my throughput is sort of weak lately.  My diet is clean and well-formulated, as is my exercise regimen.  I've tried most of the natural cognitive supplements & racetams / cholinergic supplements / adaptogens without much noticable results -- if anything, I tend to be more prone toward experiencing a nocebo effect than a placebo.

Every 3-6months, I get maybe 1 week of brilliance where progress is able to move forward by leaps and bounds, my sense of clarity dramatically increases and I can discuss topics in incredible detail at the micro and macro level... but in between (most of the time), progress is pretty slow and sort of sloppy and I sort of just nod along.

My current stack is Coffee, Theanine, B-Complex, DHA, and Uridine -- this gets energy up, but it's not the right stack.  I gets me a little revved up, but I'm not going anywhere or seeing the full picture.

How are these nootropic sprays rated, or what else might I want to investigate?

Edited by brosci, 07 January 2017 - 11:03 PM.

#2 Madman

• 45 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:08 PM

Selank wiped out my anxiety and has noticeably improved my overall mood

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 brosci

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 06:18 PM

So, I went for NA-Semax-Amidate and stacked it over nutritional ketosis -- pretty subtle stuff, but these past few weeks I've been more productive than I've been in... years?  It might be placebo / coincidence, but asses are being kicked daily down my todo list.  Now, if I can just keep this new state moving forward.

I'm about half way through the 100mcg spray.  As this stuff seems kind of sketchy, I probably won't reinvest.  I'm hoping some of this magic sticks around.

Edited by brosci, 21 January 2017 - 06:20 PM.

• Agree x 1

#4 NeuroGeneration

• 103 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:12 AM

Hey @Brosci, can you provide more details around your usage? For how long did you use it? Did you buy any more? For how long did the benefits last? What were the benefits, exactly? Thank you!

#5 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:57 PM

i wonder whats the difference between selank and semax??

#6 brosci

• Topic Starter
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:38 AM

Hey @Brosci, can you provide more details around your usage? For how long did you use it? Did you buy any more? For how long did the benefits last? What were the benefits, exactly? Thank you!

I went with N-Acetyl Semax Amidate with 100mcg per intra-nasal spray.  I used it for about a month, and haven't tried it again.  Although, I am very curious now to try NA-Semax and plain Semax.

I feel like the benefits were retained with a lasting, very slight improvement in the speed of processing and desire for greater work productivity.  This is probably more correlation than a causative effect.  I've been sort of a workaholic lately.

• unsure x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:09 PM

What’s the general consensus on Semax? I just recently read about it and there seems to be quite a few types.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: semax, nootropic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users