- - - - -

Possible cure for anxiety - ANA-12

anxiety drugs addiction methamphetamine trkb bdnf

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xatu01

• 25 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:09 PM

ANA-12 produces rapid antidepressant- and anxiolytic-like effects in animal models,[1] the former of which have been elucidated to be mediated by blockade of BDNF signaling in the nucleus accumbens.[2][3] It has also been found to alleviate methamphetamine-induced depression-like behavior (including anhedonia), behavioral sensitization, and nucleus accumbens neuroplasticity changes with subchronic (14-day) administration in mice, whereas the TrkB agonist 7,8-dihydroxyflavone was ineffective in doing so.[4]

ANA-12 blocks the cognitive-enhancing effects of environmental enrichment and calorie restriction in rodents, which are mediated by BDNF signaling through TrkB in the hippocampus.[5][6] It also blocks hippocampal neurogenesis induced by physical exercise in rodents, and may block the cognitive-enhancing effects of exercise as well.[7]

What do you guys think about it ?

http://www.nature.co...ll/nrd3470.html

#2 Mind_Paralysis

• 1,715 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:20 PM

What I think? It sounds god-awful, is what I think!

Seriously? Impaired BDNF-signalling? Impaired-neuroplasticity? Impaired effects of *exercise*?!

Da' fug', man...!

This honestly sounds waaay, WAY too experimental for me! We have known for litterally EONS that exercise has a positive effect on ones cognition and mood - why would we risk taking a drug which f***'s with that??

No, honestly, this can't possibly be the answer...

Well... Wait, ok, I suppose there's something to it helping with the anhedonia caused by methamphetamine - if it can help the people foolish enough to play with such dangerous compounds, then it might have some use in the medical treatment of Meth-overdose, for instance.

Still, I see very limited use of this compound.

• Agree x 3

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anxiety, drugs, addiction, methamphetamine, trkb, bdnf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users