IS CURCUMIN A HOAX?

tumeric

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 Mike C

• 84 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:49 PM

https://www.scienced...80123101908.htm

The study found cucurmin improved mood and memory in older adults.

#32 Nate-2004

• 2,375 posts
  • NO

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:35 PM

I can't believe there is no mention of piperine. It's like the guy didn't even bother Googling before basing all his conclusions on the lack of bioavailability.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for NUTRITION to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:23 AM

mike c, thanks for the information, but since there are about 20 different brands of curcumin on the market currently, why doesnt the study mention which brand was used?? it makes a HUGE difference since lots of impotent curcumin extracts on the market, and even more so fakes

• Good Point x 1

#34 Mike C

• 84 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 01:56 AM

Of course it has to be absorbed, but the point of the study is it appears to work!! Really! Placebo controlled clinical trials are the best evidence we get.

Also Hazy you didnt bother to look up the link provided see below:

This is the first long-term (18 months) double-blind, placebo controlled trial of a bioavailable form of curcumin (Theracurmin® containing 90 mg of curcumin twice daily) in non-demented adults.

We found that daily oral Theracurmin led to significant memory and attention benefits.

FDDNP-PET scans performed pre- and post-treatment suggested that behavioral and cognitive benefits are associated with decreases in plaque and tangle accumulation in brain regions modulating mood and memory.

Curcumin's cognitive benefits may stem from its anti-inflammatory and/or anti-amyloid brain effects.

Edited by Mike C, 27 January 2018 - 01:59 AM.

#35 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2018 - 07:42 AM

i see. ive tried so many brands, i dont remember if i tried this one, but im curious now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tumeric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users