- - - - -

Nicotinamide Riboside Sublingual Dose

nicotinamide riboside sublingual

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 steelsky

• 412 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:32 AM

Simply - can anyone provide a guideline for the equivalent dosage of NR taken sublingually? I.e. how much more is absorbed? E.g. 250mg taken orally is equivalent to Xmg taken sublingually...?

:)

• Pointless, Timewasting x 1

#2 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:22 AM

There is no study data on NR in this respect. I was one of a number of people who took NR sublingually, however I no longer support this practice because of the excipients used by the various vendors such as silica powder. We had one vendor claim they weren't using any excipients when in fact they were using silica powder to encapsulate their product. Imagine inhaling silica powder which is a proven carcinogen in the lungs.

post-34050-0-38675000-1477123619.png

So I won't go into any greater detail other than to say this vendor falsified their labeling and marketed their product to a sublingual audience claiming they were packaging unadulterated Nicotinamide Riboside into their capsules without the use of any excipients or fillers.  It only takes one vender making false claims to ruin the trust in the rest of the market. I don't think many of us will recommend the practice anymore.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 steelsky

• Topic Starter
  • 412 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

That's horrible.

How could I be able to know about the product that I'm using?

#4 Bryan_S

• 1,217 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:57 AM

Emptying the contents under your tongue or swallowing the whole capsules is the difference. I don't think there is enough advantage to be gained sublingually to worry about it so I would swallow the capsules. The problem is accidentally inhaling the silica dust if the product contains any and most vendors will likely list their ingredients but it hasn't always been the case.

Edited by Bryan_S, 13 January 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#5 UnscrambleMe

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:22 AM

I tried emptying the capsule under my tongue and it was horrid!  I was hoping there was a powdered product for sublingual use but can't find anything.

#6 Harkijn

• 808 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

I tried emptying the capsule under my tongue and it was horrid!  I was hoping there was a powdered product for sublingual use but can't find anything.

Take a look at the various threads below.  The subject of sublingual is discussed in some of them...

https://www.longecit.../forum/489-nad/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 Phoebus

• 851 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

NR tastes awful. 

get the pure NMN powder, it has a very mild taste and you can leave it under your tongue for a long time. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nicotinamide riboside, sublingual

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users