Peptide MIF-1: rapid antidepressant action

mif-1 depression peptide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicklesprout

• 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

I came across a novel peptide, MIF-1, and nobody has really been talking about it that much, at least so it seems.  It seems to have a major rapid antidepressant action:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/7989637

from the above article:

Abstract

In this double-blind pilot study, 20 significantly depressed patients who all met the DSM-III R criteria for major depression were given a single subcutaneous injection of either 10 mg MIF-1 (Pro-Leu-Gly-NH2) or placebo on each of 5 consecutive days. Treatments were reversed for a second week of 5 consecutive daily injections. At the end of the first week, the group receiving MIF-1 was significantly improved on all rating scales as compared with the group receiving placebo. Eight out of 9 patients receiving MIF-1 showed marked improvement (score < or = 7 on the Hamilton Scale) as compared with only 2 of 11 patients receiving saline (P < 0.01). Administration of MIF-1 during the second week to the patients who had received placebo during the first week resulted in substantial improvement so that by the end of the second week the two groups were indistinguishable.

Wondering if anyone knows anything about this or where to possibly get it?

Looks like this place offers MIF-1 injections:  http://healmindbody....f-1-injections/

from their site:

Let us get back to the research of Dr. Ehrensing and his colleagues. As mentioned, improvement in patients receiving PLG in a series of five subcutaneous injections over five successive days was rapid and striking, with 8 of 9 patients in the double-blind crossover study showing substantial improvement in the first week compared to only 2 of 11 patients receiving placebo the first week.

Those who received PLG the second week and hadn’t responded to placebo (9 patients) all showed substantial improvement at the end of the second week, the week they received PLG. At the end of the two weeks 17 patients out of 20 had markedly responded (2 of the 17 had responded to placebo).

How rapidly does PLG relieve depression?

The study showed a significant decrease in depression by the third day, 48 hours after the first injection. Further improvement occurred by day 6.

How long does the improvement last?

After receiving the series of five injections, 85% of the patients reported improvement lasting one month or more. Sixty percent of patients experienced improvement lasting six months or longer.

Slightly more than one-third of the patients (35%) reported improvement lasting a year or longer.

What are the side effects of the treatment?

No side effects have been observed in over 150 patients at dosages administered either orally or subcutaneously. Oral doses as high as 2,400mg per day were tolerated well with no side effects. Very high doses of MIF have been infused intravenously in patients with Parkinson’s disease. In one study 200mg/hour were administered intravenously for 4 hours (800mg total dose). In another study patients received 400 mg daily intravenously for 10-15 days. These studies reported no significant side effects.

It is important to note that PLG, like any medical treatment for depression, is not meant to be a final solution for this complex problem. Once a person feels better with more enthusiasm and energy for life, then they can continue the healing process using a variety of tools to enhance health in mind and body. Depression arises from dysfunctional beliefs and suppressed emotional pain triggered by the pressures of modern life. Like any disease, depression is a signal for healing, insight, and the growth of wisdom.

#2 MoreNowAgain

• 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 08:37 AM

I literally live down the street from that clinic. I might actually give this a try along with their intravenous Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide. I'll update this thread if I decide to give it a try.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#3 nicklesprout

• Topic Starter
  • 117 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

They stopped offering it, due to unreliable results, and their nad therapy is $1000 a day. Check out the nad drips at "the drip room", though the dosage may not be as much, that's what you would need to find out. Perhaps we can self administer the nad injections ourselves somehow

sponsored ad

• Advert
Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

#4 MoreNowAgain

• 20 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:35 PM

They stopped offering it, due to unreliable results, and their nad therapy is $1000 a day. Check out the nad drips at "the drip room", though the dosage may not be as much, that's what you would need to find out. Perhaps we can self administer the nad injections ourselves somehow

1000$ a day seems a bit ludacris. Shame they don't offer then MIF anymore, but if they didnt get reliable results then I guess it wouldnt have been worth it anyways. I wonder if oral NAD supplementation would suffice?

I've actually been to the drip room before for intravenous Vit C, I was unaware they offered NAD.

Edited by MoreNowAgain, 22 January 2017 - 09:37 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mif-1, depression, peptide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users