• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Does depression cause smooth eye pursuit problems?

depression

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vader

• 243 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:53 PM

I have big problems with smooth eye pursuit, for example i can't play ping pong, because my eyes have a problem following the ball.

Yet, every substance that releases either NE or SERT cures me instantly of this symptom.

Idk, but i think i'm depressed after all. I have anhedonia, memory problems, depersonalization, moderate ocd, etc. All pointing to being depressed (ie. having some brain athropy).

Too bad some major improvements are not sustainable, like pseudoephedrine (shit restores my cognition fast).

#2 Doc Psychoillogical

• 206 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 January 2017 - 04:24 AM

Onehypothesized function of cortical dopamine is the "gating" of representations into prefrontal cortex. In other words, new items become updated into working memory by increases in dopamine activity, where they are maintained until another phasic increase in dopamine. In this way, dopamine levels are thought to maintain a balance between flexibility (being able to switch attention to new items) and stability (being able to ignore distracting items). This is sometimes called the flexibility/stability dilemma. There is also evidence that this "balance" of dopamine is arrived at through reward conditioning, such that stimuli associated with rewards tend to evoke larger increases in dopamine and thus are more likely to be attended.

→ source (external link)

^^^Please click the source link above to find much more information,regarding your issue/question^^^

Edited by Mr. Psychillogical, 21 January 2017 - 04:26 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: depression

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users