study results bias

bias

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 January 2017 - 05:18 AM

nothing new or amazing actually people already figured this out, but ill just remind once again and lead to a very new study regarding this for the sake of helping those lost souls still addicted to studies and positive results regarding their favorite pills; http://www.medicalne...ases/315375.php

#2 Richard McGee

• 85 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:12 AM

I presume this study is principally looking at bias in the pharmaceutical drug industry. No doubt such concern would apply to supplement trials, however meager in number they may be. This is an abiding concern among those of us who use supplements/drugs to improve healthspan, and possibly lifespan. The questions we have to constantly mull over are:

What is the actual evidence?

How credible is it?

What is the weight of evidence in terms of numbers and types of studies?

Am I reasonably convinced I'm doing no harm to myself?

What is my particular experience with one particular supplement, and how certain am I of its effects?

What is my experience with a regimen of supplements, and how certain am I of the individual contributions of various supplements?

Are the effects I am seeing justifiable on a cost basis?

There is no easy answer to any of these questions. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users