Bromocriptine Mesylate | Conversation, Reviews, Comments [Pictures]

bromocriptine bromocriptine mesylate hydergine lsd ergot sandoz antipsychotics

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Havall

• 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

LONGECITY:

I am have obtained 2.5mg Bromocriptine from Sandoz. The intent of obtaining the compound was research and finding a chemical that would promote, generate, and otherwise agonize receptors to promote increased DA, 5-HT, and SE communication on a neurological level.

I am considering taking 1-2 week trial with Bromocriptine and note if it would increase and otherwise make my feel heather, more active, and lucid from a cognitive perspective; adding to academic and social performance. I was pleased that it was a chemical related to the class of compounds/drug known as LSD-25.

Let me know your personal experience with Bromocriptine and the benefit and effects, or negative-profile you have experienced from the compound. I am in the process of obtaining other ergot derivatives from the apotheke and will create an additional thread when the compounds arrive.

NOTE:

I understand that Bromocriptine has been marked as a drug to reduce high levels of prolactin, but I am considering taking the compound from the pharmacological perspective and receptors as a nootropic. It may not be the best solution or compound to take, but I felt that it being an ergot derivative, it may be different them commercial compounds and vitamins there are available from the internet and pharmacy. I had experiences with antipsychotics that increased my prolactin levels, and I was never given treatment when this did happen. Was simply informed that my levels were elevated and the physician didn't offer any recourse, treatment, or really explain the medical significance of the report. I was the direct case of an antipsychotic injection that I received.

Attached Files

• Dangerous, Irresponsible x 1

#2 gamesguru

• 3,467 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:47 AM

good for bipolar and schizophrenia, general cognition, motivation and hedonic capacity.

cheers mate.

Bromocriptine: A Sympatholytic, D2-dopamine Agonist for the Treatment of Type 2 Diabetes

Ralph A. DeFronzo, MD

Abstract

Bromocriptine is a sympatholytic D2-dopamine agonist that has been approved for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. Based on animal and human studies, timed bromocriptine administration within 2 h of awakening is believed to augment low hypothalamic dopamine levels and inhibit excessive sympathetic tone within the central nervous system (CNS), resulting in a reduction in postmeal plasma glucose levels due to enhanced suppression of hepatic glucose production. Bromocriptine has not been shown to augment insulin secretion or enhance insulin sensitivity in peripheral tissues (muscle). Addition of bromocriptine to poorly controlled type 2 diabetic patients treated with diet alone, metformin, sulfonylureas, or thiazolidinediones produces a 0.5–0.7 decrement in HbA1c. Bromocriptine also reduces fasting and postmeal plasma free fatty acid (FFA) and triglyceride levels. In a 52 double-blind, placebo-controlled study in type 2 diabetic patients, bromocriptine reduced the composite cardiovascular end point by 40%. The mechanism of the drug's beneficial effect on cardiovascular disease remains to be determined.

Bromocriptine, an ergot alkaloid, inhibits excitatory amino acid release mediated by glutamate transporter reversal.
Shirasaki Y1, Sugimura M, Sato T. (2010)

Bromocriptine, a dopamine D(2) receptor agonist, has widely been used for patients with Parkinson's disease. The aim of the present study was to investigate the effect of bromocriptine on glutamate transporter. Since the astroglial glutamate transporter GLT-1 (EAAT2) is the predominant isoform in the forebrain, we generated EAAT2-expressing human embryonic kidney cells and immortalized mouse astrocytes. In the present studies, we observed a GLT-1-immunoreactive band and significant Na(+)-dependent d-[(3)H] aspartate uptake. Furthermore, the glutamate transporter inhibitors, dl-threo-beta-benzyloxyaspartic acid (TBOA) and dihydrokainate (DHK), displayed a dose-dependent reduction of d-[(3)H] aspartate uptake in both types of cells. In contrast, cells exposed to either chemical anoxia or high KCl elicited a marked release of d-[(3)H] aspartate, and the release was inhibited by TBOA and DHK, implying the contribution of glutamate transporter reversal. Interestingly, we found that bromocriptine dose-dependently inhibits d-[(3)H] aspartate release elicited by chemical anoxia or high KCl, while no changes occurred in the uptake. The inhibitory action of bromocriptine was not affected by sulpiride, a dopamine D(2) receptor antagonist. On the other hand, bromocriptine had no effect on swelling-induced d-[(3)H] aspartate release, which is mediated by volume-regulated anion channels. In vivo studies revealed that bromocriptine suppresses the excessive elevation of glutamate levels in gerbils subjected to transient forebrain ischemia in a manner similar to DHK. Taken together, these results provide evidence that bromocriptine inhibits excitatory amino acid release via reversed operation of GLT-1 without altering forward transport.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 normalizing

• 2,692 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 February 2017 - 07:57 AM

i also got some i havent used didnt have time to get around but im curious of its dopamine boosting and perhaps libido enhancing properties if those are applicable.

please share how it goes when you use it :)

#4 socialpiranha

• 540 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

if your looking to increase 5ht this won't be much help increasing dopamine lowers serotonin in general. any effects in regards to anxiety?

#5 Plasticperson

• 246 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:41 AM

looking foward to a review

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 Havall

• Topic Starter
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:55 PM

I continued the Bromocriptine for 4 days, I didn't notice an extreme cognitive or psychedelic effect. I had actually taken Hydergine back in 2009-2010 and the effects were much more pronounced and psychedelic. Bromocriptine continuation is considered for another week to evaluate any Bromocriptine-dependant response.

I remain plexed that my encounter with antipsychotics have dulled the interaction and response from drugs that I try in an attempt to restore the previous state. They were high potent antipsychotic injections; state of experience has decreased and reality is not as psychedelic as it once was. 1.5mg was the amount of Hydergine I had consumed for 30-60 days, and the effects were very powerful. I remember that my normal perception and mental state was very high and virgin and psychedelic in itself.

Continuation of agents is addressed, and reports and details supplied on treatment.

Edited by Havall, 25 February 2017 - 05:57 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bromocriptine, bromocriptine mesylate, hydergine, lsd, ergot, sandoz, antipsychotics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users