Brown Spots in Niagen Capsules

nicotinamide niagen capsules

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 somejerk

• 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

Hello Longecity!

I recently made my first investment in anti-ageing supplementation in the form of two 180-count bottles of Niagen, which I purchased through Amazon. I received them today, and upon closer inspection, they all have light brown spots throughout the capsule. I suppose I expected the powder to be uniformly white.

Is this how the product normally looks, or is there something wrong with my batch? This was far too expensive a purchase to have it not be 100% fresh and correct.

Attached is a picture. Thanks for your help!

Attached Files

#2 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 12:09 AM

Depends on the excipient they use. HPN uses microcrystaline cellulose which comes out off white cream colored. Live Cell Research uses rice bran which being the outer layer comes out brownish. I see no problem either way.

Edited by Heisok, 07 February 2017 - 12:09 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 somejerk

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:28 AM

Depends on the excipient they use. HPN uses microcrystaline cellulose which comes out off white cream colored. Live Cell Research uses rice bran which being the outer layer comes out brownish. I see no problem either way.

Thank you for your response. Mine is from HPN, and it isn't cream colored, as you can see in the photo, it is that mottled brown and off-white. That is why I am concerned!

#4 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 02:12 AM

You are welcome. Those capsules look like mine. If you are worried, maybe dump some out. You should see that it is a combination of 2 powders which do not mix to be 1 uniform color. I dumped a couple out to make sure.

If you dump them out, and there appears to be hard specks of some sort, then that could be a problem. If you want, I will dump tomorrows dose out in the AM, and post photos. As it is I already took extra doses tonight to have a look.

#5 Heisok

• 611 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:47 PM

Nicotinamide---Copy.jpg

The left is HPN, and the right is LCR. I see no problem either way. I hope this helps.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#6 somejerk

• Topic Starter
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 06:37 PM

Thank you so much for doing this! Minel looks very similar to the one on the left, which makes sense. I really appreciate it.

Nicotinamide---Copy.jpg

The left is HPN, and the right is LCR. I see no problem either way. I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users