Photo

Need some opinions on supps for brain/body health and maintenance

brain health antioxidants vitamins

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jerome Henderson

• 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

Hello all. I am currently seeking input on supplements/vitamins for general health maintenance for both body and mind. I've been a smoker (cigs) for about 9 years and am on the way to quitting. I've also been an avid coffee drinker (12 oz at least every other day) for about 14 years or so if that is of any relevance/importance. My diet usually consists of protein (mostly beef and chicken) and carbs with a small amount of fruits and veggies. But since I am quitting cigarettes, I'm looking to get my body and brain into good health before I proceed to move on to a nootropic stack. I'm looking for a few things listed below but am open to any other suggestions: 

Multi-V: Tailored for men (btw I'm 28)

Omega Supplements: Preferably one that has multiple groups of Omega fatty acids (unless unnecessary). 

Supplement(s) for the brain's natural maintenance processes/growth/ upkeep, etc. I currently do have a bottle of ALCAR/ALA 400mg/200mg that I use sparingly. I have also had some issues of late dealing with a decline in my memory (haven't been recalling as much info as I used to, which is generally A LOT). 

Well that's all I can think of for now. If anyone knows a good stack that may help with these things, your help/input would be much appreciated. Thanks

•  

Edited by Jerome Henderson, 08 February 2017 - 01:01 AM.

#2 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

First fix your diet including more veggies and, if you don't dislike it, fish or seafood in general.

Leave alone multi vitamins.

ALCAR and ALA are good and might suffice for most of your needs.

Fish oil for omega 3 long chain can be a good choice but knowing triglycerides/HDL ratio will make things easier to evaluate (ideally between 1 and 2), only very few brands are worth considering and don't come cheap.

The supplement world is vast and mostly useless, specific goals and needs might determine what better suits but isn't always so straightforward, typical suggestion worth trying are zinc, magnesium, D3, K2, grape-seeds extract, coconut oil, iodine (as SSKI or Lugol's usually).

Quit smoking or you are just kidding yourself!

• Good Point x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#3 Jerome Henderson

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:56 AM

First fix your diet including more veggies and, if you don't dislike it, fish or seafood in general.

Leave alone multi vitamins.

ALCAR and ALA are good and might suffice for most of your needs.

Fish oil for omega 3 long chain can be a good choice but knowing triglycerides/HDL ratio will make things easier to evaluate (ideally between 1 and 2), only very few brands are worth considering and don't come cheap.

The supplement world is vast and mostly useless, specific goals and needs might determine what better suits but isn't always so straightforward, typical suggestion worth trying are zinc, magnesium, D3, K2, grape-seeds extract, coconut oil, iodine (as SSKI or Lugol's usually).

Quit smoking or you are just kidding yourself!

Thanks for the help. As far as Omega-3 goes, which brands would you recommend? 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#4 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:11 AM

http://www.anne-marie.ca/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brain health, antioxidants, vitamins

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users