Curcumin beneficial for everyone?

curcumin

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gaffel

• 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:56 PM

Hello,

I got my dad Curcumin for his heart and read a lot about it, seems to be a really nice addition to improve health (he takes 2x 500mg Curcumin with bioperine a day). My question is: is it also beneficial for me to take Curcumin on a daily base (im 26, maybe like 1x a day?)? I dont have any serious health problems that would indicate a need for Curcumin or inflammation reduction in general, but would I benefit on the long run or could there be hidden dangers or negative long-term effects? Some drugs like propolis (produced be bees) are said to lose effect when taken over a longer period of time. Is this also true for Curcumin?

Thanks for your advice.
  • Ill informed x 1
  • like x 1

#2 Dorian Grey

• 2,152 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:02 AM

Who tagged this fellows 1st post here at LC as ill informed?  It seemed quite reasonable to me for a 26 year old just becoming interested in health & longevity...  Manners Maketh Man!  

Regarding your question; I haven't seen anything on curcumin losing effectiveness when taken long term.  Whether you should be taking it at this point is another issue.  

Like most pharmaceuticals, supplements often have some downside (however small) to be balanced with any reward they offer, particularly if one is to be taking them long term.  When you are young and enjoying vigorous good health, there is an argument for simply enjoying life and eating healthy.  Age related inflammation that might be helped by curcumin probably shouldn't be an issue with you until you get up around 40 or so. 

This said, I don't see any substantial downside to starting on low dose curcumin in one's 20s, so long as cost isn't an issue.  This should be a personal choice, made through research on your own, and perhaps asking your doctor for an opinion.  I truly believe curcumin has lowered my inflammatory issues at age 60, and I've been taking this for nearly a decade without any ill effects.  You might consider turmeric as a good compromise at your age, and plan on moving to curcumin in 10 years or so.  

Hope you get some kinder/gentler opinions from others on this to help you with your decision.  Welcome to the forum, & hope the curcumin helps your dad with his heart issue!  

Edited by synesthesia, 09 February 2017 - 05:24 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: curcumin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users