• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Can someone help on translating 60mg/k dose to human dose??

sam e

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bocor

• 119 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

The study was on rabbits which showed cartilage regrowth using Sam e 60 mg /kg this was injected but I plan to match oral dose here for human any idea would be greatly appreciated thx!

#2 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:24 PM

There have been human trials. For instance--

A double-blind, randomized, 84-day controlled clinical trial was carried out to compare orally administered S-adenosylmethionine (SAMe) (1,200 mg per day) with oral piroxicam therapy (20 mg per day) in the management of unilateral knee osteoarthritis. The ability of each drug to maintain the results achieved at the end of the treatment period was also evaluated during a 56-day follow-up period. Forty-five patients completed the study, 22 in the SAMe group and 23 in the piroxicam group. Both SAMe and piroxicam proved effective in inducing a significant improvement in the total pain score after 28 days of treatment. With regard to the other clinical parameters (i.e., morning stiffness, the distance walked before the onset of pain, active and passive motility), improvement started from about Day 56 in both groups. No significant difference was found between the two treatments in terms of efficacy and tolerability. Patients treated with SAMe maintained clinical improvement achieved at the end of treatment longer than did patients receiving piroxicam.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.../pubmed/3318443

And this review--

MAIN RESULTS:
Four trials including 656 patients were included in the systematic review, all compared SAMe with placebo. The methodological quality and the quality of reporting were poor. For pain, the analysis indicated a small SMD of -0.17 (95% CI -0.34 to 0.01), corresponding to a difference in pain scores between SAMe and placebo of 0.4 cm on a 10 cm VAS, with no between trial heterogeneity (I(2) = 0). For function, the analysis suggested a SMD of 0.02 (95% CI -0.68 to 0.71) with a moderate degree of between-trial heterogeneity (I2 = 54%). The meta-analyses of the number of patients experiencing any adverse event, and withdrawals or drop-outs due to adverse events, resulted in relative risks of 1.27 (95% CI 0.94 to 1.71) and 0.94 (95% CI 0.48 to 1.86), respectively, but confidence intervals were wide and tests for overall effect were not significant. No trial provided information concerning the occurrence of serious adverse events.

AUTHORS' CONCLUSIONS:
The current systematic review is inconclusive, hampered by the inclusion of mainly small trials of questionable quality. The effects of SAMe on both pain and function may be potentially clinically relevant and, although effects are expected to be small, deserve further clinical evaluation in adequately sized randomised, parallel-group trials in patients with knee or hip osteoarthritis. Meanwhile, routine use of SAMe should not be advised.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bocor

• Topic Starter
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:35 PM

Yes I read some of the human trials I'm mainly interested to see if this will help my degenerated disc and low back pain radiating nerve pain issues already started high dose chondroitin sulfate will add bios up and bio cell collagen 2 as well looking to hopefully restore disc height if that's even possible was interesting that in the study with rabbits it regrew cartilage

#4 Turnbuckle

• NO

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:04 PM

I had a bulging/ruptured disk years ago--to the point that I could barely walk--and I got it under control with a combination of ginger root extract and MSM. And perhaps ginger alone would have done the job. But that's just for dealing with the swelling, and you want to repair it as well. So perhaps gelatin would work. Amazon is a good source for anecdotal info as you can now search their comment sections. Looking at the reviews of a Great Lakes gelatin product on Amazon, there are a few mentions of positive results for spinal problems. Such as--

It is helping my degenerative disc problems as I am now able to do excercises and activities I never thought possible.

Doing the same for SAM-e, though, I got only one hit (out of about a thousand comments), and it didn't get specific as to the nature of the spinal problem.

Edited by Turnbuckle, 12 February 2017 - 09:11 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#5 bocor

• Topic Starter
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Yeah thx I might try the gelatin I did already start high dose chondroitin sulfate which seems to be helping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users