• Create Account
LongeCity .                       Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

The blue haired Girl (that lived to be a thousand)

space metal

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Helge Kautz

• 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:10 PM

Hey folks,

I'm Helge from Germany, and I'm composer, lyricist and keyboardist of the band voXager. We're playing a more modern form of Space Rock, which we call Space Metal. We've published a concept album in 2013/2014 and are now working on a new album titled "The blue haired Girl (that lived to be a thousand)" or in short, TBHG.

It's a concept album about a woman named Siobhan who inherited a gene called the "L-gene" (L for Longevity). It slows or even halts the aging process after adolescence, and it's a result of gene manipulation centuries ago. However, the catch is that in Siobhan's universe, the L-gene gets only expressed in women, men can't ever have it. Longevity research was halted long before the problem could be found. So Siobhan finds herself in a position where most people she loves die, while she continues to be biologically young and active.

I know it's a bit on the dark side, but you can't feel anything until it hurts at least a little or so they say, so please bear with me and voXager :-)

Here are two draft songs from the upcoming album, "From Siobhan" and "The Dream is Unalive". Please click on the "Lyrics" link if you're interested in reading along:

http://www.icomposit....php?sid=206373

You'll also find us on YouTube and Facebook.

Cheers,

Helge of voXager

• Cheerful x 1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users